Manchester United sign Saha (2 Viewers)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Brown is just back from injury, again. He'll likely break down again soon. He makes Del Piero look like Mattie Holland (who went four and a half years without missing a game for Ipswich before moving to Charlton, where he's not, to my knowledge, missed a game :)).

He's potentially a good defender, but, like O'Shea, isn't experienced enough yet. At the rate he's going, he'll never be.

Assuming Ferdinand is out, Man U can pick from:
Gary Neville D R/C
Wes Brown D R/C(probably injured)
John O'Shea D R/L/C
M. Silvestre D L/C

and back them up with Quenten Fortune, who can play at left-back in a pinch; Roy Keane, who can play at centre-half or sweeper in a pinch; and Phil Neville, who can play in either full-back role.

They're definately in need of a stop-gap defender, unless Ferguson rates youngsters like Lynch (D R) and Tierney (D L)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    I bought Wes Brown in EA Sports Football manager 01/02, payed around 30 million € for him, as he was really good. I play him from start in my first match of the season, he gets injured, is out for 6 months, and after six months he tells me he's retireing from football because of that injury. I payed 30 million € for one game :wallbang:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    i would've thought they'd go for a defender....
    Actually a forward is a decent choice in their situation too, with Solskjaer injured and Scholes not banging the goals in regularly enough, and the rest of their forwards not taking their share of the goalscoring responsibilities from Ruud, Forlan included.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Realisticly, I think they need both. I though at the start of the season that they were at least one defender short, and now Ferdinand is suspended for the remainder of the season, and Phil Neville is playing in midfield, so they're three defenders short in real terms, even ignoring Wes Brown's delicate nature.

-Z-, now you know how Fergie feels about losing Ferdinand! :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    no.

Just because he went to Man U, doesn't mean he's world class.

It's silly that on football sites, on the "Who do you think will be top scorer" polls, Saha always gets included now

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    no.

Just because he went to Man U, doesn't mean he's world class.

It's silly that on football sites, on the "Who do you think will be top scorer" polls, Saha always gets included now
    same here.

Actually its Ok that he's included,he does have a slight chance,if Man utd play with 2 strikers now(slim chance IMO)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)