Manchester City sign Van Buyten (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Manchester City have confirmed that Daniel van Buyten has agreed personal terms for a loan period until the end of the season.

The twenty-six-year-old is set to make his debut for the Blues against Birmingham City at the City of Manchester Stadium on Sunday week.

After agreeing terms with Kevin Keegan on Friday the Belgian international returned to France but is expected to return to start training with City at the start of the week.

The boss had admitted that he had been tracking the defender for two years and is delighted that the deal has been completed.

It will mean that David Sommeil, who signed for the Blues from Bordeaux last January, will move in the opposite direction until the end of the season.

While Marseille and City may look at a permanent deal at the end of the season for both players the boss has not ruled out David Sommeil returning to the squad.

"Daniel moved to Marseille from Standard Liege in for 11million euros. That is a huge fee for a defender and I believe now that the Premiership will suit him," said the City manager.

"David Sommeil had several good seasons with Bordeaux and moving back to Marseille is a big move for him. Looking at the whole situation it is very good for both clubs."

"David has been very good while he has been here and it wouldn't be a problem if he came back here at the end of the season."

"I just think that given our current situation with the way we are playing and the goals that we are conceding we need a fresh face in there."

Source

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
Van Buyten is an Excellent defender,Congrats for Man city,,i read about that transfer in soccerage btw.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
Manchester City have confirmed that Daniel van Buyten has agreed personal terms for a loan period until the end of the season.

The twenty-six-year-old is set to make his debut for the Blues against Birmingham City at the City of Manchester Stadium on Sunday week.

After agreeing terms with Kevin Keegan on Friday the Belgian international returned to France but is expected to return to start training with City at the start of the week.

The boss had admitted that he had been tracking the defender for two years and is delighted that the deal has been completed.

It will mean that David Sommeil, who signed for the Blues from Bordeaux last January, will move in the opposite direction until the end of the season.

While Marseille and City may look at a permanent deal at the end of the season for both players the boss has not ruled out David Sommeil returning to the squad.

"Daniel moved to Marseille from Standard Liege in for 11million euros. That is a huge fee for a defender and I believe now that the Premiership will suit him," said the City manager.

"David Sommeil had several good seasons with Bordeaux and moving back to Marseille is a big move for him. Looking at the whole situation it is very good for both clubs."

"David has been very good while he has been here and it wouldn't be a problem if he came back here at the end of the season."

"I just think that given our current situation with the way we are playing and the goals that we are conceding we need a fresh face in there."

Source
i said that,but in a nutshell in the EPls best buy thread:rolleyes:

:D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
:dazed: The best defender in the Benelux is moving to that crap relegation candidate? For fuck's sake! What a waste of his talent! The man should play Champions League football every season!!!

:groan:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Van Buyten is good, but I'm not too disappointed that he hasn't joined Juve because imo we need a ground defender such as Chivu. We have plenty of aerial players already, what we're lacking is someone with good pace and tackling skills.

Aug 1, 2003
MAN CITY?!
WHATTHAEFFYOUSEEKAY?!
AND VAN BUYTEN?!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooofirstitsreyesforarsenalthenitsvanbuytenformancityandidunnowhyidontevenlikestankovicininterscrewyoujanuarytransfers!!

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooofirstitsreyesforarsen
althenitsvanbuytenformancityandidunnowhyidontevenl
ikestankovicininterscrewyoujanuarytransfers!!
Plz space between words :D:D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++
Van Buyten is a very good player and I'm sure that he will be a good signing for Mahcester City
actually Van buyten is an excellent player,but he really deserves CL football,its a shame he's moving to Man city.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
MAN CITY?!
WHATTHAEFFYOUSEEKAY?!
AND VAN BUYTEN?!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooofirstitsreyesforarsenalthenitsvanbuytenformancityandidunnowhyidontevenlikestankovicininterscrewyoujanuarytransfers!!
sorry.... i dont speak swahili :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)