Manchester City Express Interest In Del Piero (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juno

Escape Artist
Apr 23, 2005
Manchester City Express Interest In Del Piero
8/30/2005 11:45:00 AM
The Juventus captain is currently out of Fabio Capello’s first eleven plans.
Manchester City could be in a surprise and shocking transfer move as the Blues have asked for Alessandro Del Piero. It is not yet clear whether Juventus have rejected straight away the offer, but even though the move looks highly unlikely, the scenarios for such a transfer do exist.

If the Old Lady completes the Antonio Cassano move, then Del Piero will have less space in the first eleven in the season leading to the World Cup, thus decreasing his chances of shining and having Marcello Lippi notice his performances.

Juventus would not want to sell their most representative player, but if Pinturicchio asks to be sold or at least to be loaned out for this season in order to find playing time elsewhere, Moggi and company will not stand in his way. Carlo Ancelotti expressed his interest for Del Piero through the media, but the Bianconeri’s management would prefer to send the Italian forward either to a team with no Scudetto aspirations or better yet abroad.

With less than 36 hours to go before the transfer deadline, a lot could happen in the next hours and with a World Cup looming around the corner, anything could happen to Del Piero, even a move to the Premiership.
------------------

:eek::eek::eek:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They don't play CL football though and the national side isn't exactly known for calling up players that play abroad.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Impossible as MAnchester City is in debts and had to sell SWP to raise up some money. Pearce cannot afford no DP's transfer fee nor his wages

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Actually Man City's offer = a 2 year loan deal. Therefore they would 'only' pay for DP's wages and no transfer fee.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
hmm, well, lets see...that does leave alot of money available for Juve. Untill when is DP's contract with us?

btw I've never heard of a 2year loan deal or have I?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
DP had just signed a new contract with Juve.

About the 2 year deal they are usually done one year at a time, that is they re-sign a new loan deal at the end of the year not straight away. Unusual but I guess not uncommon.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I see, but wouldn't that make the deal essentially a one year loan? Or would juve be commited to the second year? And cannot cancel after the first year?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
hmm, well, lets see...that does leave alot of money available for Juve. Untill when is DP's contract with us?

btw I've never heard of a 2year loan deal or have I?

Barcelona nad Villareal had a 2 year agreement for Riquelme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)