Man UTD Sign Ronaldo (3 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Manchester United have completed the signing of Portuguese teenager Cristiano Ronaldo on a five-year contract from Sporting Lisbon.

The Premiership champions confirmed the deal, which is worth £12.24m to the Stock Exchange.

Ronaldo had been interesting many of the big clubs in Europe and according to reports Chelsea made a last ditch effort to sign the player.

Sir Alex Ferguson spoke to the player after last week's 3-1 defeat to Sporting in a friendly and promptly sealed the signing.

He said: "We have been negotiating for Cristiano for quite some time, but the interest in him from other clubs accelerated in the last few weeks so we had to move quickly to get him.

"It was only through our association with Sporting that they honoured our agreement of months ago. He is an extremely talented footballer, a two-footed attacker who can play anywhere up front: right, left or through the middle.

"After we played Sporting last week the lads in the dressing room talked about him constantly, and on the plane back from the game they urged me to sign him - that's how highly they rated him. He is one of the most exciting young players I've ever seen."

While the 18-year-old said: "I am very happy to be signing for the best team in the world, and especially proud to be the first Portuguese player to join Manchester United. I look forward to helping the team achieve even more success in the years to come."

Manchester United should also complete the signing of Brazilian midfielder Kleberson later today after he was granted a work permit.

I believe that ronaldo is a major major talent , ive seen him play many times and its just a shame we couldn't get im.:fero:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
That title of thread scared me to death :scared:
LOL, the thread title scared me as well! I thought Real's Ronaldo had signed for MU! :nervous::scared:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
they have got loads of cash from beckham and veron sale
Yes but still, they shouldn't go around spending unnecessary money. I must admit that I've never seen this guy play, but no teenager is worth 12.25m pounds IMHO.

OP
Stevie

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Yes but still, they shouldn't go around spending unnecessary money. I must admit that I've never seen this guy play, but no teenager is worth 12.25m pounds IMHO.
    Trust me iv'e seen the guy play and he is worth even more. he is amazing.
    He is the best young talent in the world in my opinion.UTD are very lucky indeed, juve had been following him for a long time too.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
    Oh yessss :devil:
    But without Becks, they are not the same anymore :down:
    ç

They are the same, and maybe better.

Now, without dixie chiks in the team, surely they will be lot better :)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    I need to complain...... I live in asia and here where i m i can just sense the Ronaldo mania comming on :wallbang: in a very Beckhamish way.... all the girls here r now going on and on abt this guy. Help! :undecide:

Robert

Jun 9, 2003
    MU-Bolton. Last 25 minutes. Ronaldo is coming in game.That was simply fantastic!He played like Beckham and Veron together. Why Moggi didn't bought him?:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)