Man Utd-juventus (1 Viewer)

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
meanwhile i don't know if I should be sad about so many players getting ill or happy...

on the one side, if the game takes place, it's bad of course, but on the other side the game might be posponed more easily if more players are ill...

but if we don't have enough players, what do u think of lippi as a creative midfielder and moggi as striker???

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
"We do not intend to ask to move the game," said Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi. "And if we are in decent condition, we will not make problems and play this evening. If, instead, the situation is such not to allow us to make a decent formation, we could ask Uefa if it is possible to put back the encounter. I can't go play on the pitch."

And here's the proof.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
oh damn it...
moggi was our last chance...

btw the latest news suggest that juve haven't made a bid to postpone the match yet....

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
I really think it should be postponed, so many ill with flu....including Lippi!....I've done my bit for the team walking around Manchester in my Juve sweatshirt!.....

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
we all know that manu teached us that professionals often don't even score on an empty goal or of what goalkeepers are capable of, but they're still a top-team....

and IMO lippi is very optimistic thinking that his 2nd string might cause an upset to manu...

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
As of this morning, UEFA has not received a request from Juventus FC seeking postponement of their Group D match.

What does Mr. Moggi wants..... I should have requested

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
but i've to admit that a victory of our "B"-team would be even cooler than a victory of our "A"-team....

just remember juve "B" kicking out arsenal of the cl... i was so proud of them ;-)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I remember that match too :cool:

I know Man U is a top team but if Lippi feels confident then let's hope the boys do their job tonight.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
Manchester United?s Champions League clash against Juventus tonight_will definitely go ahead.

The game at Old Trafford had been thrown into doubt this morning after a flu bug decimated the Juventus squad.

Juve boss Marcello Lippi said that he would struggle to field a full team after it was reported that ten of his squad were hit by illness. But it has been confirmed that the game is definitely on.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
26 May 1999 what tactics/formation would Man U use to beat Juve? Let's get a technical view from you. Let's talk the match for a change and not the hype surrounding it.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
Old Trafford tie goes ahead
Tonight's UEFA Champions League Group D match between Manchester United FC and Juventus FC at Old Trafford will definitely go ahead.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++
Lippi is ill aswel!
Yes he is ... Saw him on TV today and he showed the signs. But he can handle it coz his medication is not restricted like the players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)