Man Utd-juventus (2 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++

Am i the only one who thinks beckham is overrated?
Beckam is a very good player and probably the second best player in his position. However, he is definitely not in the same class as Zidane, Figo, Alex, Rivaldo, Nesta, Buffon, Adriano, Mutu, Veron (when he is playing at his top form), Redondo (had he not been injured), Vieri, Raul,.....

The problem with Beckam is that he can't take players one on one so he tends to struggle badly against agile, atheletic defenders who can cover the ground and mark him all day.

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
honestly, i haven't seen beckham play much since im not a big fan of the premier league, but i have noticed the following everytime i watched him play: he is one of the worst tacklers i have ever seen! he hardly gets past an opposing player without the help of a teammate (the famous 1-2 pass), which in football means he is a bad dribbler. however i believe he is perfect when it comes to crosses. having said that, i'd prefer figo, camoranesi, or joaqun over him any given day.

i also believe he is an icon only because of his good looks and well-publisiced private life.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
now man u's game is ahead of us we will come from away game againest parma ,,,

they will face arsenal at home

so both teams has big matches but man u will play both game in thier ground ......

missing players can't be known or say who will play only 2 days before the match ......

man u threat for me comes from scholes only scholes who has been termendous this season so far .....

talking about formation is worthless now let us see how the team will perform in the next 2 matches then decide wich one will be the best

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
Beckham has a lovely right-foot.
Recoba has a lovely left-foot, a lovely shot, better pace and can dribble.

But of course Beckham is the better player :rolleyes: And that has nothing to do with the country he's born in, his famous wife and his good looks... nothing.... :groan:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
nothing at all. nekton.....

nothing to do with beckham-marketing, nothing to do with the fact that he's the most dependable player in the english NT, nothing to do with the fact that he captains one of the most marketed and supported club teams on the face of this earth(apart from al ahly)...

no nekton, nothing at all.....

jeez, im such a player-hater...:D

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Beckam is a very good player and probably the second best player in his position. However, he is definitely not in the same class as Zidane, Figo, Alex, Rivaldo, Nesta, Buffon, Adriano, Mutu, Veron (when he is playing at his top form), Redondo (had he not been injured), Vieri, Raul,.....

The problem with Beckam is that he can't take players one on one so he tends to struggle badly against agile, atheletic defenders who can cover the ground and mark him all day.
I like it that u compare beckham with buffon :LOL: :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Am i the only one who thinks beckham is overrated?
he's the best crosser in the world, one of the very best passers in the world, and one of the very best set piece takers in the world, so I don't see how he is overrated

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
he's the best crosser in the world, one of the very best passers in the world, and one of the very best set piece takers in the world, so I don't see how he is overrated
Oh thank heavens, for a second there I thought I was the only one who feels that way!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Spot on Tom.

Love him or loathe him... no one can honestly deny that becks is a great player!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)