Man Utd-juventus (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
exactly.....That's why Nedved, Camo, and Zambrotta should be the providers as the juve focal point is injured :down:
so the assists are up to them.

i think a flat 4-4-2 might be something to consider(with playing more on the wings to have 2 sides providing Dv and Trez)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
im not positive of this game... dontthink we will make it... maby at home but not in england :(

sorry but i feel that DP is one of 3-5 best players in our team and without him we wont do well... just like when we lost Trez... difference there was he was away for a longer time but its almost the same thing tho.

anyway cya dude

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
exactly.....That's why Nedved, Camo, and Zambrotta should be the providers as the juve focal point is injured :down:
so the assists are up to them.

i think a flat 4-4-2 might be something to consider(with playing more on the wings to have 2 sides providing Dv and Trez)
I would go for a 3-5-2

-----------------------Buffon-------------------------
-------Thuram------Ferrara------Montero--------
-------------------Tacchinardi-----------------------
Camo--------Nedved----Davids------Zambrotta
-------------------Di Vaio--Trez---------------------

it just is not as good as Man U's team :down:

Dr. Flava

Feb 3, 2003
Maybe that's because he's a centre-back. But still, he should be used to playing on the left now. And btw, is Del Piero the only good player in the Juve team? He is important, but the other players are more than good enough to at least hold Man. U, if not beat them.

Buffon#1

Jan 2, 2003
I think Lippi should prepare TUDOR for this game...He is the tallest member in the team....I think he will be very usefull with MU to clean up Beckham`s crosses.Cause Montero and Ferrara are not very tall...At least one:Juliano or Tudor should play!!

sheva

Aug 7, 2002
Hey guys , if you didn't realise, my two favourite players in the world are Del Piero and Sheva(look at my name).
Anyway ,on hearing the news of Alex's injury, not only was I dis-heartened, but I lost all hope in the team, something that I can say that I am very ashamed of now:down:
With the loss of Alex, can be two things for us, a kick in the balls or a date with Britney Spears, aka really bad or really good.
I truly believe that football is all about motivation.The loss of our leader could possibly just be the excuse that Juve need to play with all their heart:eek:Everyone is doubting our capabilities right now ,so what better time to show them that they are wrong!!!
Camoranesi, Di Vaio, Buffon and Trez are really hungry and I believe that given the motivation from a guy I call Slippy Lippi, that there is no limit to what we can achieve:cool:Especially Di Vaio, imagine if he gets back to his old Parma form:cheesy:We would now have a couple of lethal finishers in front of the goal.
Someone said that Veron won't play,:D, well thats just more hope for me:devil:Best case scenario, I say we could possibly win our home match in a very entertaining game and use the old time Italian defence away and hope for a draw.Once we win one, I say excellent job well done.
There two paths that we can take , I say once we take the right one we'd be fine;)
cheers Sheva

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I would play 4-4-1-1 in Old Trafford,
Buffoon-Thuram, Tudor, Montero, Birindelli-Camo, Tacchinardi, Davids, Zambrotta-Nedved-Trezeguet.
I think Birri should play on the left because I think Beckam struggles against quick full-backs i.e. Carlos, Lizarazu.
Also, we should push the ball to the wide areas especially to Camo because Man U aren't that great defensively on the flanks. Particularly, Camo should eat Silvestre alive if he runs at him aggresively.
Montero is the key because against Man U we have to keep the defence compact and there is no better organizer than Paolo in our team.

Alex would be sorely missed and he tends to play well against Man U. However, I don't think his leadership quality would be sorely missed though. Firstly, Juve have too many good players to rely on one player. Secondly, Alex isn't a great leader at all.

As long as we can keep the flanks tight and don't give away time and space in the middle of park, we are more than capable of getting points. However, we haven't been that solid this year, so I have my doubts. Also, we have been too incosistent this year, so i would slightly favour Man U at this instance.
As for the championship concerned, I can't see we winning it this year, because Inter and Milan not only have better sets of players but they looked far more consistent than in the past. I think we got uphill struggle from now on both fronts.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
:eek: I agree with you, 4-4-1-1 looks very good for our team.
I bet there would be a "war" in midfield, Man Yoo has a good midfielder. So, it's better to play with that formation. Camo and Thuram will play against Giggs+Veron. Davids+Zambro+perhaps Neddy will play against Becks. Man Yoo's winger is so scary, they have goals opportunity in that area, even G.Neville could play in that position, but I think when they meet us, Gary would stay in his own position (Right Back). But we must not forget about Scholes...this player could be dangerous.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think we need to still play the 4-4-2, but shift zambrotta to left midfield and play pessotto at left back. reasoning is that becks needs to be tagged really well, and i think pessotto has played on him and can do that better than zambrotta who will most likely push up more.

Also, Di Vaio has to play as his pace will trouble man utd. counter-attack will be used IMO and there is no man utd defender who can really match his pace, maybe Brown, thats if he plays. the beauty about Di Vaio is that he is fast, but can also be good in the air, and that will trouble them.

Tudor has to play as well, IMO. we need his height to stop those crosses. and his strength and height is good for RVN as well.

I would have camoranesi and zambrotta on the wings so we can get plenty of crosses in for trezeguet and di vaio who are both good in the air.

In the middle, nedved and davids would be good to play. nedved attacking more and davids defending and biting at keane and scholes. Veron isnt playing which isnt a good thing as i think man utd still look more balanced when scholes and keane are in the middle. Nedved and davids are hard working midfielders who are able to counter attack well and this is why i choose these too. Also, man utd with keane and scholes dont have a lot of height in their midfield, and tacchinardi wont really be needed for that attribute.

Thuram would take on giggs and should be able to do a good job. tudor and montero would have the jobs on RVN and solksjaer, or forlan for that matter. pessotto on becks, i like that idea as pessotto is more conservative than zambrotta is. birindelli...well, although he has been okay this season, he still lets in too many crosses and with becks, we cannot afford to have that.

di vaio and trezeguet upfront. Trezeguet is brilliant, and as long as you supply for him, he will score. Di Vaio like i said would be purely for tactical reasons, which would be counter attack. And Lippi will use that to stretch man utds defence and even to make keane sit back more and not push forward.

Also, expect juve to push out wide so players like ferdinand will have to force himself out wide and out of the box. its a ploy that lippi uses a lot when he knows that the other team has a tall defence or good air defenders, which i think man utd kind of have.

not much else really....all that is my opinion anyway.

so here is the team:

-----------------buffon

thuram------tudor------montero-----pessotto

camoranesi----nedved----davids-----zambrotta

-----------------trezeguet----del piero

and when comparing the two, as far as form goes this season.

buffon-barthez = buffon
thuram- neville = thuram
tudor - ferdinand = ferdinand, but tudor hasnt played
montero - o'shea = montero
pessotto- silvestre = silvestre
camoranesi - becks = camoranesi wins this season, but becks is playing good again now.
nedved-scholes = nedved is having a great season.
davids- keane= Davids has played great, but keane hasny played much this season.
Zambrotta- giggs= zambrotta is playing good now but hasnt played much this season. Giggs has been out of it this season, but like becks, he is slowly finding form.
Trez - RVN = RVN has had a good season and trez hasnt really played much this season.
Di Vaio - forlan/solks = forlan and solks are playing better.

However, all that means nothing, its how the team is playing together at the moment and i think both are playing well. Juve without del piero isnt the same though and i think that man utd dont suffer without veron as scholes can cover him.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Here's my lineup:

JUVENTUS FC (4-4-1-1):
Buffon
Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Zambrotta
Camoranesi, Conte, Tacchinardi, Davids
Nedved
Trezeguet

Subs: Chimenti, Pessotto, Fresi, Tudor, Zenoni, Salas, Zalayeta, Birindelli

Coach: Marcello Lippi

MANCHESTER UNITED (4-2-3-1):
Barthez
Silvestre, Brown, Ferdinand, G. Neville
Veron, Keane
Giggs, Scholes, Beckham
RvN

Subs: Caroll, Ricardo, P.Neville, Butt, Forlan, Solskjaer

Coach: Sir Alex Ferguson

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
anna, it appears veron is out of the game :)

hurrah! :extatic: we've both lost our best player, now its even :devil:

Manutd.Visitor

Aug 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

Also, Di Vaio has to play as his pace will trouble man utd. counter-attack will be used IMO and there is no man utd defender who can really match his pace, maybe Brown, thats if he plays. the beauty about Di Vaio is that he is fast, but can also be good in the air, and that will trouble them.

Ferdinand may move like a Rolls Royce but can also motor like a Ferrari, and Silvestre is also pretty damn quick ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)