Man Utd-juventus (1 Viewer)

babyblue

Jul 13, 2002
veron will be ruled out in the next game between juve and man utd.
so we won't have alex, and they won't have veron. but i think they still have an edge. man utd plays especially good recently.
anyway, i hate Man utd.

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
[fingers-crossed]There's still time for Manure to have their own injury crisis.[/fingers-crossed]

I wasn't expecting a positive (a win) result at Old Trafford, so nothing's changed for me in that respect.

Forza AC Milan

Oct 2, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

I'll do a man on man analysis :D

Buffon VS Barthez - Buffon
Thuram VS Neville - Thuram
Zambrotta Vs Silvestre - Silvestre
Montero Vs Ferdinand - Ferdinand :down:
Iuliano Vs Brown - Iuliano
Camoranesi Vs Beckham - Beckham
Giggs Vs Nedved - Giggs
Davids Vs Keane - Davids
Tacchi Vs Veron - Veron
Di Vaio Vs Scholes - Scholes
Trezeguet Vs RVN - Trez

6-5 Man U (IMO)
WHAT???!!!:eek: WAY WRONG!
Buffon VS Barthez - Buffon === agree on that
Thuram VS Neville - Thuram===agree on that
Zambrotta Vs Silvestre - Silvestre===zambro way better
Montero Vs Ferdinand - Ferdinand :down:===I would love to see how ferdinand manages to keep Trez out of ball :D whereas Montero can kill RVN easily!:D
Iuliano Vs Brown - Iuliano===agree on that
Camoranesi Vs Beckham - Beckham===camo can do more than beckham, but agree with you...
Giggs Vs Nedved - Giggs====disagree...Nedved is killer!
Davids Vs Keane - Davids===no comments :D
Tacchi Vs Veron - Veron===no doubt about that;)
Di Vaio Vs Scholes - Scholes===same here...agree
Trezeguet Vs RVN - Trez===50% vs 50%

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Forza AC Milan ] ++

Montero Vs Ferdinand - Ferdinand :down:===I would love to see how ferdinand manages to keep Trez out of ball :D whereas Montero can kill RVN easily!:D
Camoranesi Vs Beckham - Beckham===camo can do more than beckham, but agree with you...
you said way wrong but you agree on most of the points :D

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
remember right soccers a team game.

its not so much the quality of the parts, but how well the parts play together as a team.

I GUESS this is where DP's loss is the greatest since been team captain hes the one who leads the team and gels then to form a cohesive unit on the pitch.

In terms of players thou, man utd's midfield kills juves coz of veron and keane down the middle, and that'll be the differenece.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
juve can kill manU on the counter attack, i'm sure.

Davids can give them hell....same as the Milan game.

but it's gonna be a lot harder without DP.

but i haven't lost hope....

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
What a time for Adp to have this injury, couldn't he get injured in January?

The thing is that it looks like it will take 5 weeks to treat and its suggested that it weill take another 3 weeks to start playing so he might miss all the rest of Cl games and matches against Inter at home and Parma and Milan away

While Man united are having there best players coming back to fitness , Giggs who has not played well seems to be coming to form, Scholes is playing well and you have Keane back now, even Ferdinand is growing in confidence

Btw Tom I agree with most of your comparisms except for the Iuliano and Brown

We do have to play well to win but I would have been far more confident if Dp was playing as this is the boost that Man united needed as Alex does respect Dp a lot and might have been more cautious.

Personally I think its time to play 4-4-2 as we cannot afford to have Nedved floating anymore except Camo is capable of playing the Dp role if not then Di Vaio and Salas are not deep lying forwards who can score or provide

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
Guys , Man utd Maneger Ferguson is so much confident these days to the extent that he stated 2 days ago that he won't drop any single point from now on regarding the title race with rivals Arsenal , & he also know that he has a trip to Highbury at the end of the season , . . .is he overeacting or his team is very good that they won't lose any match from now on !!

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
i think that Man utd's lineup for this match will be as follows:

Barthez
Neville ---- Ferdinand ---- Brown ---- Silvestre
Beckham --- Veron ---- Keane ---- Giggs
Scholes
--- Nistelrooy

pretty good formation as i see it , we must be in our best for this match

Go Juve

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
IMHO trez is a better finisher than RVN. Quite a bit better.....

another very very important thing: the tactics. this is like a battle between 2 of the shrewdest minds in the game.....Lippi vs Fergie...IMHO thats the biggest battle we have to face....tactics

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
hi guys. i've seen that some of you have already given up on qualification in the champions league and have thrown the towel because of del piero's injury. wake up! it's true that del piero is the most influential player, but a team is made up of 11 players. this would be a challenge that lippi and the other players would relish to prove that they are a team bigger than the cirmustances and injury woes.:strong:

in the champions league we have a great chance in advancing to the quarter-finals, despite del piero's injury. 2 teams should qualify, now man utd are favourites and basel are nearly out. that leaves us with deportivo to fight out the last card. we have two 2 advantages over them:
1. a 3 point lead (we have 4pts, they only have 1pt).
2. we will play against them at our home, delle alpi.

i also think that nedved will be given a deeper role in midfield to serve the deadly duo of di vaio and trezeguet, both good finishers and also excellent headers. you haven't seen the real di vaio, just give him 2-3 matches to play and you will see him scoring like a machine - like he used to do back in parma. it's just that his matches were discontinous and this would make it hard for any player to catch his form.

if we did qualify, then del piero will be back in time to help us get to the semifinals and then hopefully the final and after that he will lift the champions league trophy along with the other players.

believe and trust in juve, we can do it!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I love your optimism!!

sounds good :thumb:

though it all rests in the hand of DV :rolleyes:

i've already given up hope on Salas.
I'm Glad Baiocco is out giving other teams problems.

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Forza AC Milan ] ++

Thats more like it.:thumb:

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
I love your optimism!!

sounds good :thumb:

though it all rests in the hand of DV :rolleyes:

i've already given up hope on Salas.
I'm Glad Baiocco is out giving other teams problems.
thank you majed:)

i also did some reserach from the statistics from uefa, check this:

champions league:

Del Piero, Goals Scored = 4, Minutes Played = 598', Goals Ratio = 0.67/match.

Di Vaio, Goals Scored = 4, Minutes Played = 401', Goals Ratio = 1/match.

im not trying to say that di vaio is a better striker than del piero, it's just that with di vaio we will have something different, although nedved and camoranesi must provide more assists now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)