Man Utd again top Clubs' Rich List (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Not just the number of stores we have and all that, just the selling of Juve as a brand, selling players' images. For what Del Piero gets paid, and the marketing potential he has, I think Juve are making peanuts compared to what they could. I'm not saying put him in a pink bunnysuit and call him the next Beckham, but you'd be hard pressed to find a place outside of Italy where 1 in 10 people know who he is :groan:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
put him in a pink bunnysuit and call him the next Beckham
i'm making that picture in my mind rite now....;)

it's true tho, i dont think simply by opening a few shops here and there wud work. manU have been establishing themselves as a brand for a long time......we wont surpass 'em, believe me. but i dont want juve 2B like them. we are a club with rich history and tradition, not just another "brand"

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
there is a lot to do...for example the website...omg :eek: ... how do you want to reach your supporters (and customers) directly with such a shame of page..it totally sucks. it's not enough to care only for the native-language content if you've got the claim to be one of European's top-five.

++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
.... but i dont want juve 2B like them. we are a club with rich history and tradition, not just another "brand"
You can't buy new defenders luring them with history and tradition. How much bread do you get for 100 years history? ;)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++

You can't buy new defenders luring them with history and tradition. How much bread do you get for 100 years history? ;)
:wallbang: u totally misunderstood what i meant....

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
... but i dont want juve 2B like them. we are a club with rich history and tradition, not just another "brand"
:wallbang: u totally misunderstood what i meant....
Being proud of history and tradition is ok but it won't earn any penny. that's why juve has to be a brand (like manU is) and to market itself is necessary...if I don't get it again plz explain it for the little stupid Basti :fool:

Aug 1, 2003
dont worry gray, Juve is in the effort of marketing the team- summer Juve camps, trips to nearly every continent and a Juve university plus the new stadia and Juve store :)

In a few years we should gain loads of $$$

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juve are the 2nd richest club in the world but they dont buy stars , they make stars although i want them to buy stars like other teams.

incomplex

Mar 2, 2004
we dont own delle alpi rite?
imo if juve want to establish themselves more or the same level as manyoo
we should be focusing to bigger continental like Asia!!!
and then who knows....Juve might come to Malaysia and i will be able to catch the guys....yupppp

Aug 1, 2003
As much as I hate glory hunters, the likes of MU and Madrid are actually doing the right thing in terms of promotion and marketing. They gain money.

But I'm glad with the way Juve is handling their finance :)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
MU's and Real's promotion and marketing is increadible, isn't it? Well, the wind will blow in our direction this year as we've signed a contract with Nike to promote the club.

Lack of a unified fan club is another problem. There are regional fan clubs, but I never heard of them- and this means that they are not doing enough. If there are just 1,000,000 official fanclub members paying $50 membership fee per year- that's $50 million, or a quarter of our last year's profits!

Juventus has always been conservative with its finances, but I have a question: where did that $250,000,000 profit go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)