Man United's Italian starlet (3 Viewers)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
I believe they poached him from Parma and they were miffed because they got no, or very little, compensation. Same thing as what happened when Man U got some defender from Barcelona, and Arsenal got Flamini from Marseille.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    Yes, because we was under 17, it meant United could get him for almost nothing as Parma couldnt of had to his professional contract. Same as Pique from Barca. And Arsenal did it, with Cesc Fabrigas and another player from Parma, which Flamini, its slightly different, his contract was expiring, so Arsenal didnt have to pay a penny...I see a pattern emerging, Man United also did it to get Liam Miller from Celtic, its called a Pre-Contract agreement.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    They gave who a scholarship? Rossi? That doesnt matter, if a player hasnt signed a pro-contract, then (only signable after they are 17) then any club can come in and sign them, of course they have to be compensated, but nothing for what they are worth.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    Its something UEFA are trying to stop, because its stops teams, having the desire to bring through youngsters, as big clubs come in and poached them, Barca are very angry at Arsenal for them steal Fabrigas

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    They gave who a scholarship? Rossi? That doesnt matter, if a player hasnt signed a pro-contract, then (only signable after they are 17) then any club can come in and sign them, of course they have to be compensated, but nothing for what they are worth.
    Not the point.

Point im making is MU had given him a scholarship last year, therefore Parma should obviously have known they wanted him and cant complain now that they have taken him.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    All players are on scholarships that arent in the academy. So all players for example, in Juve's Under-20s. Is on a scholarship. If any club tries to give a Juve player one, that would be them trying to sign him, Man United couldnt of given Rossi a scholarship and left him at Parma, it doesnt work like that, players under the age of 17 can be sign anytime, even after Transfer Windows is closed because the contact is not protected.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    Yeah i know. Your totally not getting what im saying.

Rossi on MU scholarship = Rossi being a United player. United sign him after the scholarship and they have 'stolen' him of Parma? Please.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    Rossi on MU scholarship = Rossi being a United player. United sign him after the scholarship and they have 'stolen' him of Parma? Please.
    i still dont get it.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    What he means is Rossi was on a scholarship at Man United, THEN he signed Professional terms, thats when Parma started asking for compensation.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    Glad thats all sorted out, I think Parma didnt ask for compensation, because they never though United would sign him full-time...boy are there coaches rubbish, if you cant see that much potential in a player...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)