Man beheaded and Islamist flag raised in Saint-Quentin-Fallavier, France (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There's faith and there's religion.

There is believing in some greater force in the universe and there's believing that a bearded man in the sky cares if you eat pork
I believe he cries every time someone eats pork, thus causing rain. This is why Qatar and the like are barren wastelands.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
lol that's a pretty bold statement that I don't think you've thought to back-up.
It's not. It's really not. Just like in the Bible there are passages that are bound to be factually and scientifically incorrect. We both know this. A book that supposedly comes from the Man himself cannot contain an error, obviously. So the only logical conclusion is that either the book doesn't come from the Man himself or the Man does not exist. If the book doesn't come from the Man himself, it is safe to say the Man probably won't be anything like the Man described in the book.

No one knows what the afterlife is like. No one knows if there is a God or not. But we do know the Bible and the Qu'ran are wrong.

OP
Juventino[RUS]
Mar 9, 2006
  • Thread Starter #66
    It's not. It's really not. Just like in the Bible there are passages that are bound to be factually and scientifically incorrect. We both know this. A book that supposedly comes from the Man himself cannot contain an error, obviously. So the only logical conclusion is that either the book doesn't come from the Man himself or the Man does not exist. If the book doesn't come from the Man himself, it is safe to say the Man probably won't be anything like the Man described in the book.

No one knows what the afterlife is like. No one knows if there is a God or not. But we do know the Bible and the Qu'ran are wrong.
    wrong, wrong, truth

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004

Who's we and where are you getting this from?

PS: I only speak for the Qur'an, not the Bible.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Who's we and where are you getting this from?

PS: I only speak for the Qur'an, not the Bible.
    We is mankind. And I am getting this from myself. Anyone who can think logically naturally comes to this conclusion.

I believe that a moderate faith in which you apply common sense to the religion of your choice can be of use. But to truly believe what is written in the Qu'ran and the Bible and just take it for granted? You'd have to be pretty friggin' dumb.

I know there are verses in the Qu'ran you don't agree with and don't apply.

OP
    Juventino[RUS]
    Mar 9, 2006
  • Thread Starter #69
    Mountains helps us against the earthquakes, speaking ants, the moon divided into 2 parts with the wave of a hand, horse with the human head and wings, should i continue the list of this non-sense from the quran

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Juventino[RUS];4993924 said:
    Mountains helps us against the earthquakes, speaking ants, the moon divided into 2 parts with the wave of a hand, horse with the human head and wings, should i continue the list of this non-sense from the quran
    Please don't. It's difficult enough to try and debate with religious people without your 'help'.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    We is mankind. And I am getting this from myself. Anyone who can think logically naturally comes to this conclusion.

I believe that a moderate faith in which you apply common sense to the religion of your choice can be of use. But to truly believe what is written in the Qu'ran and the Bible and just take it for granted? You'd have to be pretty friggin' dumb.

I know there are verses in the Qu'ran you don't agree with and don't apply.
    This time we're living in and the state of Islam/Muslims we see today was predicted. And you said the chances of anything being proven is becoming zero :p

That being said, I highly doubt you've read the Qur'an cover-to-cover with commentary or else I'm fairly positive you'd convert.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    This time we're living in and the state of Islam/Muslims we see today was predicted. And you said the chances of anything being proven is becoming zero :p

That being said, I highly doubt you've read the Qur'an cover-to-cover with commentary or else I'm fairly positive you'd convert.

Well, by sheer luck it will be correct about some things, obviously. But so much of it is utter bullshit. I'm coming from a Bible perspective here, but the same is bound to be true for the Qu'ran. And think about it, would it really be likely that the Qu'ran is right and all others are wrong?

Come on.. That point of view is so ridiculous it hardly even merits serious debate. And when the Qu'ran, or Bible or whatever, is wrong about some things what is to say it's not wrong about other, fundamental things as well?

The entire idea of believing in a book written over a 1,000 years ago, assuming that it was inspired by God, despite there being considerable gaps of knowledge and even downright mistakes in it, does not sit very well with me. I fail to understand why any rational, educated human being, living in the 21st century, would even contemplate that Allah is real.

Jul 2, 2006
    The entire idea of believing in a book written over a 1,000 years ago, assuming that it was inspired by God, despite there being considerable gaps of knowledge and even downright mistakes in it, does not sit very well with me. I fail to understand why any rational, educated human being, living in the 21st century, would even contemplate that Allah is real.
    Someone like you, uber educated and illuminated, should know it better. First step to wisdom; acknowledge the things beyond your understanding.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Someone like you, uber educated and illuminated, should know it better. First step to wisdom; acknowledge the things beyond your understanding.
    Dude, your religion is dying. It doesn't matter what you believe, what I believe. Islam is about to be dead and buried. You're not exactly winning.

I just wish the dying would go a bit faster and wouldn't be accompanied by such heavy tremors.

Jul 2, 2006
    Dude, your religion is dying. It doesn't matter what you believe, what I believe. Islam is about to be dead and buried. You're not exactly winning.

I just wish the dying would go a bit faster and wouldn't be accompanied by such heavy tremors.
    I wish you a very long life span then. Live long enough to see that it is your prediction dead and buried.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Well, by sheer luck it will be correct about some things, obviously. But so much of it is utter bullshit. I'm coming from a Bible perspective here, but the same is bound to be true for the Qu'ran. And think about it, would it really be likely that the Qu'ran is right and all others are wrong?

Come on.. That point of view is so ridiculous it hardly even merits serious debate. And when the Qu'ran, or Bible or whatever, is wrong about some things what is to say it's not wrong about other, fundamental things as well?

Basically you have nothing concrete to say, nothing to actually debate. Just "it's bullshit..." because you assume things. Like everyone else in the West, you're convinced your way of life is at its most evolved and superior state and thus anyone that doesn't subscribe to your way of life must be neanderthal. You're nothing but sheep, society has you wrapped around its finger.

And I'm out before people confuse what I stand for is the same as Goodfella & Turk stand for.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Basically you have nothing concrete to say, nothing to actually debate. Just "it's bullshit..." because you assume things. Like everyone else in the West, you're convinced your way of life is at its most evolved and superior state and thus anyone that doesn't subscribe to your way of life must be neanderthal. You're nothing but sheep, society has you wrapped around its finger.

And I'm out before people confuse what I stand for is the same as Goodfella & Turk stand for.
    He has a good argument though. If it's done by god so everything should be true, but if there is at least one error wouldn't that lead to a possibility that there are plenty more?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    He has a good argument though. If it's done by god so everything should be true, but if there is at least one error wouldn't that lead to a possibility that there are plenty more?
    I agree. I don't want to believe in something that has an error either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)