Maldini,Costacurta hail Zlatan (1 Viewer)

Il Messiah

Aug 21, 2004
Paolo Maldini admits Juventus striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic reminds him of former Milan team-mate Marco van Basten.

Current Holland national team coach van Basten established himself as a legend at San Siro before injury prematurely curtailed his brilliant career.

Maldini's formative years in the Milan side were spent playing with van Basten and the veteran defender sees similarities in Ibrahimovic's playing style.

Ibrahimovic has cut an impressive figure in Serie A since he joined Juventus from Ajax on the eve of the August transfer deadline.

The Sweden international started in Juve's 0-0 draw with Milan on Saturday and Rossoneri captain Maldini has been impressed by the angular forward.

"Of course it will be hard for anybody to do what van Basten did during his career," Maldini told skysports.com.

"Anyway, I don't think it's too soon to make a comparison between him and Ibrahimovic, who has been doing extremely well in his first months in Italy.

"I think Juventus have made a great signing with him and the way he moves with the ball really does remind me of van Basten."

Costacurta: Zlatan Similar To Van Basten
12/20/2004 12:01:00 PM
Milan defender Billy Costacurta has compared Juventus striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the great Marco Van Basten.
The pair faced off in Saturday’s 0-0 draw between the two sides, and Costacurta said: "Ibrahimovic is among the best in the world. He seems very similar to Van Basten in some movements, but he must still mature and develop."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
lets just hope that Zlatan gets better with the years ;) then things might become really interesting :D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
hehehe...each post that even has no relation to ale,would be answered with a comment full of del piero!
I can't compare Zlatan to Van Basten.maybe in future it would be possible.

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
when del Piero was in Zlatans age, he were much better. Thats all I can say. When I look back on all the beautiful moments and goals scored by Del Piero and look at him now, I'm sad.

Maybe del Piero werent more than a talent. But I cannot stop believe that he will regain atleast most of his form. He must start to get stronger, cuz he is weak nowadays!

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
when del Piero was in Zlatans age, he were much better. Thats all I can say. When I look back on all the beautiful moments and goals scored by Del Piero and look at him now, I'm sad.

Maybe del Piero werent more than a talent. But I cannot stop believe that he will regain atleast most of his form. He must start to get stronger, cuz he is weak nowadays!
Yes, Del Piero was better at 22, but unfortunately he lost his quality....

OP
Il Messiah

Il Messiah

Aug 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11

your first good post :eek:

OP
    Il Messiah

Il Messiah

Aug 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Well, Zlatan is nowhere near Van Basten yet, but who knows, maybe oe day he will be even better.
    i hope that but i think zlatan never will better than van vasten
    van vasten was no.1 class striker in the century with pele

zlatan has amazing skill with ball but he has shooting skill & finish skill 1/3 of vasten

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by ehfvkfao ] ++

i hope that but i think zlatan never will better than van vasten
    van vasten was no.1 class striker in the century with pele

zlatan has amazing skill with ball but he has shooting skill & finish skill 1/3 of vasten
    Yeah, I dont think he'll be as good as van basten either, but you ever know.

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by ehfvkfao ] ++

your first good post :eek:
    He says this just because I'm talking this way about del Piero.
    I will not write any comment to this, since it would be more insulting :)

Apr 12, 2004

I agree with absolutely everything you said. I worked over the summer with a 60 year old Italian man from Turin named Paolo. His favorite team was not that of the Turin giants, but of the miniscule Torino. He stated that when he was a boy, Torino was a great powerhouse in Italian football before the crash that killed most of the team in early 1949.

But the statement that he made that really made me think, was the answer to this question. "What do you think of Del Piero," I asked.

It took him a while to answer, but when he did he said, "My boy, I remember watching Del Piero play when he was young, and he was one of the most talented youngsters I have ever seen in my day. But, when he proved himself a great talent, the staff of Juve made the mistake of paying him too much money, too soon in his career. It caused him to age before his day."

(The thing that really struck me was the fact that he said DP was one of the most talented young players he had ever seen, and he had seen Michel Platini play live.)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

I agree with absolutely everything you said. I worked over the summer with a 60 year old Italian man from Turin named Paolo. His favorite team was not that of the Turin giants, but of the miniscule Torino. He stated that when he was a boy, Torino was a great powerhouse in Italian football before the crash that killed most of the team in early 1949.

But the statement that he made that really made me think, was the answer to this question. "What do you think of Del Piero," I asked.

It took him a while to answer, but when he did he said, "My boy, I remember watching Del Piero play when he was young, and he was one of the most talented youngsters I have ever seen in my day. But, when he proved himself a great talent, the staff of Juve made the mistake of paying him too much money, too soon in his career. It caused him to age before his day."

(The thing that really struck me was the fact that he said DP was one of the most talented young players he had ever seen, and he had seen Michel Platini play live.)
    Burke, do you really enjoy people laughing at you? (no offence)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)