Maifredi Back To Football (2 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Serie B side Brescia have sacked coach Marco Somma as they attempt to arrest a slide out of promotion contention. Roberto Baggio's former side started the season well, but have dropped as low as 12th in the table, 16 points off the top.

Somma joined Brescia last summer after being sacked by Empoli, who have since gone from strength to strength in Serie A.

Club president Luigi Corioni is reportedly lining up former Bologna and Juventus boss Gigi Maifredi to replace him, although Maifredi has not coached for several years.

Eurosport

-------------------------------------

I thought he died or something. I was so surprised that he's still rated as a coach anywhere in this world. His only background was nothing but a champaigne salesman who chose to try his luck with coaching...

After afew years in Serie C2 with infamous clubs, he led Bologna to be promoted from Serie C1 to Serie A, and his luck continued when he led them to qualify in their first season in Serie A to Uefa Cup.

Our naive Motezmelo chose him after Dino Zoff because he thought of him as the man who'll renew Juve in 1990. Thanks to him, we lost the supercoppa match in a humilating way against Napoli 1-5...

And continuing his great achievements, he was the last Juve match that couldn't qualify to European championships...He was kicked out of Juve and Trapatonni was brought back...

Anyway, I can't say anything but Good Luck, Brescia:D

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 3, 2004
They hired Serse Cosmi (the Fred Durst lookalike coach that always wears a cap, for those that've forgotten)

Best of luck to Brescia. (I have a soft spot for these guys during their Baggio days, and still want to see them succeed. Plus they despise Inter :D )

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    Good that they realized early that Maifredi can't do the job...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)