Mafia : Immortality (21 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This Salvo situation was my biggest fuck up in this game, it resulted mainly in lynching Sheik and Fresh (that was useless anyway).
coincidentally mine also :D

Lol... The Cs who didn't vote for Salvo on day 2 lost the game for us.
It wasn't a coincidence that Piotrr, Tomice and Pitbull ended up in a group of Cs that trusted each other, while Matt, Cuti and Kyle were in the other group. The former are inexperienced players, at least on Tuz. They didn't have the "pleasure" to be burned and that's why they were more gullible. They won't do the same in the future.
The other group had experienced players who played at least 10 times on tuz. Kyle remembers well how he was whacked as a BG once. These three would never trust Salvo the way the other trio did, exactly because they had the "pleasure" in the past to be burned. They trusted noone. Even when they were convinced that I must be a C, they were like "Don't put me in the same group with Alen", or "I don't follow Alen".
So take it easy on Piotrr, Tomice and Pitbull, because all of us were there once and we were all a Piotrr, Tomice or Pitbull in our first games. After all, the other civilians were outplayed just as well. It only took a different approach from the Gs in order to outsmart Matt, Kyle or Cuti.

If you're whacked the gun blaze is cancelled?
Yup.
The question is what comes first - the whack or the gun blaze? There is no rule for that and we need to put one. But from the way we played so far, the whack comes first and that's why your blaze didn't count.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the whacking order was sent before the gunblazing order, so Zach just killed Soren and left Kate alive.
It wouldn't have changed much. It was gonna prolong the game for one more day, but that was gonna be it.
If Kate was blazed, there were gonna be 6 cs and 5 gs. Monco was gonna jail one of you, and at 5-5 we were all gonna vote for one of you, while there was always the chance that we'd have fooled one of you 5 to join us. Even if we didn't, the most you could get was a coin toss.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think the whacking order was sent before the gunblazing order, so Zach just killed Soren and left Kate alive.
Narrative for gunblaze and whack both happen if they are the same night (I assumed it was edited into the rules when it was clarified pre-game), there is absolutely nothing that says a gunblaze gets cancelled just because a whack order was sent earlier on the day. When any action was sent to a narrator is never relevant, everything happens/gets revealed after deadline, wether they were sent 12.01 or 22.59.

I asked someone to edit it in the rules thread before, but can some mod litterally do it now, so you dont keep repeating the same vital error.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
It wouldn't have changed much. It was gonna prolong the game for one more day, but that was gonna be it.
If Kate was blazed, there were gonna be 6 cs and 5 gs. Monco was gonna jail one of you, and at 5-5 we were all gonna vote for one of you, while there was always the chance that we'd have fooled one of you 5 to join us. Even if we didn't, the most you could get was a coin toss.
Yes, you're right. I forgot about the jailer.

So Alen and Osman have different opinions on gunblazing, you must discuss it :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So Alen and Osman have different opinions on gunblazing, you must discuss it :D
Not different opinions. I was just saying that there isn't a written rule about it. I'm all for counting both actions, but we need a rule for that.

Then again, it won't happen often the D to be whacked on the same night he performs a gun blaze. Still, we need the rule.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The question is what comes first - the whack or the gun blaze? There is no rule for that and we need to put one. But from the way we played so far, the whack comes first and that's why your blaze didn't count.
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=7025189&postcount=626

- - - Updated - - -

Not different opinions. I was just saying that there isn't a written rule about it. I'm all for counting both actions, but we need a rule for that.

Then again, it won't happen often the D to be whacked on the same night he performs a gun blaze. Still, we need the rule.
There IS a rule, I told Zach that gunblaze happens no matter what, nothing stops it, whack and gunblaze happens same night. If I recall I even asked Kate to edit it into the rules thread since she is a mod, Zach was asking questions about detective actions, and I clarified this before the game to him (that rule thread is an inconsistent joke). I would get the confusion if it wasnt mentionned or clarified, but it was just few days ago?

Apr 15, 2006
You didnt take one for the the team if you got yourself lynched AND wasted an investigation from the D.
The D's choice to investigate me is all on him. I took one for the team by letting Alan think I'm a special role, thereby giving you fools some time. What's worse is that no one picked up on my last post that I told Allen I was a special role.

What? If it wasn't for you, I would've investigated Alen.

If you're whacked the gun blaze is cancelled?
That's still on you. You investigated me despite knowing that I'm an easy target. You really think I'd post so dangerously if I was a G? Fool!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=7025189&postcount=626

- - - Updated - - -

There IS a rule, I told Zach that gunblaze happens no matter what, nothing stops it, whack and gunblaze happens same night. If I recall I even asked Kate to edit it into the rules thread since she is a mod, Zach was asking questions about detective actions, and I clarified this before the game to him (that rule thread is an inconsistent joke). I would get the confusion if it wasnt mentionned or clarified, but it was just few days ago?

I'm thinking about this as if it's real life. The D can't blaze someone at the same time when he's killed. Unless we're talking about a real gunfight or something, when everything happens in the same second. So either the gun blaze comes first, or the whack comes first. I think we should decide what comes first.
I'd give the advantage to the D for the future, so the gun blaze would come before the whack.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dont unnecessarily incriminate yourself to the degree of the D wanting to investigate you when you are a C, thats just wasting time and doesnt help him. Better off he investigates randomly and finds a G or a special civilian, then you narrowing yourself down to be investigation material by calling too much attention to yourself. I mean FFS, it got you lynched too, thats even worse dude, not helpful at all.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
The D's choice to investigate me is all on him. I took one for the team by letting Alan think I'm a special role, thereby giving you fools some time. What's worse is that no one picked up on my last post that I told Allen I was a special role.
Sheik your hint would be useful if you would be whacked, not lynched.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm thinking about this as if it's real life. The D can't blaze someone at the same time when he's killed. Unless we're talking about a real gunfight or something, when everything happens in the same second. So either the gun blaze comes first, or the whack comes first. I think we should decide what comes first.
I'd give the advantage to the D for the future, so the gun blaze would come before the whack.
Its litterally possible to shoot eachother to death, it happens and has happend. And narratively speaking, it makes sense that a detective and a gangster has a showndown and blasts eachother away after finding out about eachothers identities (its the most dramatic conclusion of a night time event). Plus there is no reason to take away the useful tool of the D, it already has the downside of being outed if a C is blazed, and that it can ONLY be used once in a game and it forfeits investigation turn. It shouldnt cancel out a whack either because its also the only tool the Gs have. It makes sense so I dont see any issue why they wouldnt whack/blaze eachother at the same time. Its rare occurance, but someone just put it in the rules thread right now, since apparently clarifying to peeps before the games start doesnt help whatsoever.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Game is actually not over :rofl:
And despite knowing our roles, we can still beat you if we win tonight's coin toss :D

Nah, it was practically over, even if the blaze counted. Monco would have jailed Gep today. Lemon would have voted Salvo, I'd have voted Salvo and I'd have told Klin, Monco and Janna to vote Salvo too, while Salvo would have voted Lemon.

Now, who do you think Pitbull and Piotrr would have chosen if it was gonna be between Salvo and Lemon "the detective"? Lemon of course. Kyle would have gone Lemon too, as well as Mr Chocolate. At the end of the voting, Klin, Janna, Monco and I would have also changed to Lemon.

Game over :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Its litterally possible to shoot eachother to death, it happens and has happend. And narratively speaking, it makes sense that a detective and a gangster has a showndown and blasts eachother away after finding out about eachothers identities (its the most dramatic conclusion of a night time event). Plus there is no reason to take away the useful tool of the D, it already has the downside of being outed if a C is blazed, and that it can ONLY be used once in a game and it forfeits investigation turn. It shouldnt cancel out a whack either because its also the only tool the Gs have. It makes sense so I dont see any issue why they wouldnt whack/blaze eachother at the same time. Its rare occurance, but someone just put it in the rules thread right now, since apparently clarifying to peeps before the games start doesnt help whatsoever.
Actually, it doesn't matter. Both happening at the same time is absolutely the same as gun blazing happening before whacking. You get the same epilogue :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah its semantics, but aslong as both happen in night time, doesnt matter. Whacking doesnt cancel blazing nor is it the reverse. I get you were the one who told Zach that whacking cancels blazing ;)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah its semantics. Aslong as whacking doesnt cancel blazing nor is it the reverse. I guess you were the one who told Zach that whacking cancels blazing ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)