Mafia 2020 v2 || Sign up thread (1 Viewer)

voting deadline

Votes: 9 56.3%

Votes: 3 18.8%

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
OP
piotrr

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #102
    Is it possible for the lawyer to give if-then requests before the deadline? For example, if the lynch result is Fresh, please proceed. If it's Janna, save her.
    Well it's basically saying 'save Janna' and wasting 1 of 2 requests the L has.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I'd agree if the lawyer could use his/her power every night but since it's a limited power, I think we should allow for an after-deadline decision, even if it's only 5 minutes after the deadline. It's a useless role otherwise.
    It won't change much, so we can do it. We'll see a lot of "Lawyer, please SAVEEEE MEEEEE" after deadline and laugh at those people

Is it possible for the lawyer to give if-then requests before the deadline? For example, if the lynch result is Fresh, please proceed. If it's Janna, save her.
    I don't see the point in this. Isn't it the same as "save Janna"?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    I don't see the point in this. Isn't it the same as "save Janna"?
    If the lawyer says "save Janna" and Fresh gets the vote, the lawyer will have used his/her power one time, which is a little weird given that he/she has defended someone who wasn't even gonna get lynched. The if-then request says "count it as my using my power" only if Janna gets the vote. If Fresh gets it, proceed and I can still use my power two times :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    If the lawyer says "save Janna" and Fresh gets the vote, the lawyer will have used his/her power one time, which is a little weird given that he/she has defended someone who wasn't even gonna get lynched. The if-then request says "count it as my using my power" only if Janna gets the vote. If Fresh gets it, proceed and I can still use my power two times :D
    But the lawyer can send two requests during the game, and that's it. It doesn't matter he ends up saving someone or not.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    What is this!?! So foul!! I'd expect behavior like this from the likes of @IliveForJuve but not from you....this hurt.

Also get off my nuts @ilfj I'm a top player.
    :p

I have a vague memory that you ruined the last game I played/followed.

- - - Updated - - -

But the lawyer can send two requests during the game, and that's it. It doesn't matter he ends up saving someone or not.
    I personally think that's why the rule should change. When we play it in person, the lawyer gets to "save" twice. The lynch result is known to him/her and he/she can decide whether to act on it or not. Also saving someone doesn't necessarily mean saving a Civilian, we have had lawyers who hadn't been recruited and yet managed to save gangsters from lynching here at Juventuz :D

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    wait, so the lawyer can only send 2 requests during the game and thats it?

For example if im high and send a request to save Janna then, for obvious reasons, I change that request same day to save my boy Fresh then my two requests are used up?

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010

For example if im high and send a request to save Janna then, for obvious reasons, I change that request same day to save my boy Fresh then my two requests are used up?
    im assuming they only count if they’re used up

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007

No, no, my mistake. You can send 100 requests during the day, but only the last one before deadlines counts. And you can do that in two different days.

- - - Updated - - -

im assuming they only count if they’re used up
    Actually, no.

I say "save Janna" as my last order of the day to the narrator. It doesn't matter if Janna ends up with most votes or not, the narrator counts that as 1 request.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    No, no, my mistake. You can send 100 requests during the day, but only the last one before deadlines counts. And you can do that in two different days.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, no.

I say "save Janna" as my last order of the day to the narrator. It doesn't matter if Janna ends up with most votes or not, the narrator counts that as 1 request.
    What ALC says is actually the best solution to this imo. The lawyer should send the request before the deadline (so the gangsters can change the votes and all that without the lawyer's interference), but the narrator counts it as one only if the lawyer's request ends up saving someone.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    What ALC says is actually the best solution to this imo. The lawyer should send the request before the deadline (so the gangsters can change the votes and all that without the lawyer's interference), but the narrator counts it as one only if the lawyer's request ends up saving someone.
    This is how it should be.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I've started sending out the roles but the forum limits me to one PM per 140seconds which is bullshit. Can anything be done with this? @GordoDeCentral @Mark
    LOOOL

- - - Updated - - -

i honestly don't care what the rules end up being as long as there is clarity and they are posted, in detail, somewhere for reference and agreed upon that those are the rules the game will follow. No surprises/ excuses.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, no.

right, I meant the way you replied to Kyle. Only the last one counts.

- - - Updated - - -

That @ALC guy is so smart.

OP
    piotrr

piotrr

Мodеrator
    Sep 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #119
    This will be the rules for Lawyer for this game, you can continue the discussions for the future.

The Lawyer:
    The player with the most votes will be lynched unless the lawyer saves him/her. The lawyer has to send me their decision to save a lynch target either before or in (maximum) 1 minute after the voting is over. The lawyer cannot save him/herself and can use his/her power twice in the entire game - two requests regardless if the chosen person was voted out in the end.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
    So a requeset count as using the power regardless of result and it must be sent before deadline? It kinda make the L useless no? he can only reliably save someone when its a runaway vote

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: Voller you salty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)