Madrid's transfer logic (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
madrid buys the best players,yes...but has it occured to you how they choose their players?

well,after reading an article today and giving it some thought,i actually stumbled upon a huge coincidence.

first,lets list the big money transfers madrid has made in the recent few years.

Zinedine Zidane(Juve)
Luis Figo(Barcelona)
David Beckham(Man Utd)
Ronaldo(Inter Milan)

the clubs they have bought from are all faltering now.they've pinpointed their rivals' key players and without them,it's been downhill for them all the way.

Barcelona's never recovered from the sale of figo(check)

Juve,apart from last season,have never looked like the powerhouse of the later 1990s either,after zidane's sale.(check)

David Beckham left,and it only took a couple of months for man utd to begin faltering(check)

inter milan are more of a joke both domestically and in europe than they ever were in the last decade after ronaldo left.(check)

its been wildly rumoured that their next target will be henry or totti,from arsenal and roma respectively.these two clubs are quickly rising as potenial challengers for european supremacy,just as the afore mentioned 4 clubs were.but without totti and henry,we all know that roma and arsenal will drop like flies,hence eliminating all opposition and leaving the CL trophy for the taking.

has it occured to you why they haven't chosen to buy a player from milan?its simply because they don't operate around a single player like roma or arsenal do.sheva,inzaghi,rui costa,gattuso,kaka,pirlo,nesta and maldini are all equally important to the team-removing any one would not have as much of an effect.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
:shocked: yes, it does make sense....! baah, feck real.....!! :fero:

i think next season, totti wud leave for real. roma needs the money.....arsenal wud not let henry go IMO, at any price....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't think you should look too deeply into it. I hardly think their logic behind signing these players was "Yes, we'll screw the other clubs by taking their key players". It's natural to want good players, and their motivation for signing them was most likely to better their own team, rather than cause the downfall of others

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
inter milan are more of a joke both domestically and in europe than they ever were in the last decade after ronaldo left.(check)
False, Ronaldo Departure didn't make any difference, they still suck with or without him. they did have him and still didn't manage to win anything, did they??!!

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
Barcelona's never recovered from the sale of figo(check)
they had figo for a while, but his departure didn't harm the club that much.. beside they are recovering now..

Juve,apart from last season,have never looked like the powerhouse of the later 1990s either,after zidane's sale.(check)
wrong.. we won two scudettos in a raw (couldn't do it with zidane) and reached the final last year.. when we had Zidane we reached the final against real but we lost as well.. in fact, Zidane's departure was good for the team.. made us depend on more than one player.. when we used to have zidane.. the stratigy of the the teams we faced was "Bring Zidane Down" and that's it.. so..

P.S this season isn't counted. it's an overall bad season

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

they had figo for a while, but his departure didn't harm the club that much.. beside they are recovering now..
And when did Madrid sign him again?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Transfers to make Real stronger, but they don't necesserily hurt the teams which sell the players.

As Gandalf mentioned, we've done much better without Zidane, and our squad became much stronger after we bought Thuram, Nedved and Buffon all on Zidan's money.

Barca thought they can do the same by selling Figo, but their transfer campaign has been very poor. Management was even worse.

Inter sucked before the sale of Ronaldo as bad as they do now. The guy was injured most of the time anyways. Btw, UEFA is making Real pay $22 million to Inter. Deal was $13 million + Solari to Inter for Ronaldo. Inter didn't agree with Solari. Real claimed that - it's not our problem, y'all should have agreed with our player. But now UEFA is making Real pay the money it owed + interest over two years. So was it Real who benefited or Inter- I am not sure.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Some interesting points there, Desmond
I sort of agreed with u how these key players leave their former teams struggling after their departure!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    bah it may well be a frickin coincidence for all i know but i refuse to concede that all that intellectual reasoning was for nothing:stuckup::D

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
    well, as I recall it, figo wasn't the player that Barca "operate around" back then it was rivaldo, figo was just another talented,big name there.

Dec 27, 2003
    has it occured to you why they haven't chosen to buy a player from milan?its simply because they don't operate around a single player like roma or arsenal do.sheva,inzaghi,rui costa,gattuso,kaka,pirlo,nesta and maldini are all equally important to the team-removing any one would not have as much of an effect.
    Madrid could consistently weaken us AND finally have something resembling a defence by buying Nesta. We have no other option than him in defence apart from the soon-to-retire Maldini and Billy.

The reason they won't do this however is because we have kind of a gentlemen's agreement with Real : they won't attack us as long as we don't attack them.

I like the rest of your reasoning though. Totti better start packing his luggage.

Aug 1, 2003
    Interesting analysis, Desmond, I'll give you credit for that ;) It is actually quite a horrifying thought if Madrid is doing this to weaken their opponents - though they may be doing it for their betterment, the rivalry in football is often surprising :D

Dec 27, 2003
    Now, what about Inter's strategy : buy top players, make them become crap, sell them for a fraction of the purchase price and see them become top players again. It surely did work so far!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
    Now, what about Inter's strategy : buy top players, make them become crap, sell them for a fraction of the purchase price and see them become top players again. It surely did work so far!
    Heh heh... that is why Mr. Moratti resined last month! Inter should take a "football management" course by Barcelona.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    That's pretty far fethched Desmond to assume it's all a plan.
    of course they don't work like that-i'm sure their main criteria when choosing a player to buy is still talent and big-name status etc.

i'm just saying that this transfer logic actually is part of the equation,that's all:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)