Mac Wireless issue (1 Viewer)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
The reason that I have started a stand alone thread for this topic is because I have noticed that alot of mac users are suffering from this problem.

I have iMAC 20" 2.66 Ghz on OS 10.5.5 ever since I got my mac my wireless connection is not stable. The ranger extender is in my room but the signal continues to drop every 5 min or so which makes it impossible to use. It requires me to switch off the wireless from my mac and switch it back on for it to work for another few moments.
I also have XP Pro installed on it and the wireless works perfectly. The computer runs perfect on ethernet connection.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone found a solution?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
my best freind is an avid mac user, and he complains about this same problem, i'll ask him later if he has found a solution

OP
ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    I think have found a solution.
    I have a cordless phone at home and thought it maybe interfering with the wireless connection (and the mac being to sensitive for the interference).
    So I changed my wireless channel from 6 to 7 and added an open DNS address. Since then no problems. Hope this helps out your friend.

It seems that the open DNS address has helped in speeding up the wireless speed. I've noticed that since I've done that my surfing speed using Safari has at least doubled.

Apr 12, 2004
    The reason that I have started a stand alone thread for this topic is because I have noticed that alot of mac users are suffering from this problem.

I have iMAC 20" 2.66 Ghz on OS 10.5.5 ever since I got my mac my wireless connection is not stable. The ranger extender is in my room but the signal continues to drop every 5 min or so which makes it impossible to use. It requires me to switch off the wireless from my mac and switch it back on for it to work for another few moments.
    I also have XP Pro installed on it and the wireless works perfectly. The computer runs perfect on ethernet connection.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone found a solution?
    I refuse to talk to you because you are running Windows on a Mac.

OP
    ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    Bürkε;1764541 said:
    I refuse to talk to you because you are running Windows on a Mac.
    I am not happy about it either, but I have to have windows because my bank and my employers website do not work with mac.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)