Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (76 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't think any major transfers are paid all at once.
The Torres fee was.

- - - Updated - - -

doesnt modern day transfers, are payed in installments over 3 years or so ?

quite sure victimpool not gonna want to do loans
Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no. Falcao for example. Madrid took out a loan to purchase the player.

You would be smart not to use victimpool when addressing me.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
You don't want Suarez on Juventus. :lol:
No I do not.

It might just be my age, or it could be my character...but through supporting Juventus for more than 20 years I have grown proud of Los Stile Juve. Its something which sets us aside from some other teams, in Italy and elsewhere. (Look at the lack of class shown by Liverpool management in donating the Suarez fine to the Hillsborough fund...fkin disgusting PR routine. The american owners have ripped the soul from that club. Which is a shame for liverpool supporters as well as football in general, as its a truly grand old institution of the sport)

We have had lords like Vialli...honourable warriors like Conte...even Jesus played for our fkin team (Torricelli).

There have been a few savages, Montero springs to mind, but then again, he was merely a brutal defender, not an ignorant, racist moron.

Zidane had his fair share of spite, but would never bite another player, and his antics in the WC final, for me, were acceptable since I think a man does deserve a headbutt if he calls your mother a terrorist whore and wishes her an ugly slow death when she is lying in hospital.

Cannavarro was a cultured thug, but his...furbizia...if that is the word I am aiming for...was classy. A cultured thug. Never a biter.

We passed up on Cassano for free because his character didn't suit the club values. Why the hell would we want a player who attacks others for no reason other than because he is a spiteful, racist moron? Suarez doesn't need any provocation. he is simply a dickhead who can't control himself.

His brain power was well demonstrated by his interview in which he complained about the english media picking on him for cheating, then in the same breath, admitted cheating against stoke.

His work against Ghana in the WC was understandable but also despicable, especially his celebrating.

Some, many would love him at Juve. I see him as lacking the class and dignity which the club has long held close to its heart as have I.

No...I don't wish to see him at Juve. It would mark an about turn in our values.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The Torres fee was.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no. Falcao for example. Madrid took out a loan to purchase the player.

You would be smart not to use victimpool when addressing me.
Fair enough, i got used to beeing called "cheats" by brittish fans so you know why i tend to use slang for their teams tho

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
No I do not.

It might just be my age, or it could be my character...but through supporting Juventus for more than 20 years I have grown proud of Los Stile Juve. Its something which sets us aside from some other teams, in Italy and elsewhere. (Look at the lack of class shown by Liverpool management in donating the Suarez fine to the Hillsborough fund...fkin disgusting PR routine. The american owners have ripped the soul from that club. Which is a shame for liverpool supporters as well as football in general, as its a truly grand old institution of the sport)

We have had lords like Vialli...honourable warriors like Conte...even Jesus played for our fkin team (Torricelli).

There have been a few savages, Montero springs to mind, but then again, he was merely a brutal defender, not an ignorant, racist moron.

Zidane had his fair share of spite, but would never bite another player, and his antics in the WC final, for me, were acceptable since I think a man does deserve a headbutt if he calls your mother a terrorist whore and wishes her an ugly slow death when she is lying in hospital.

Cannavarro was a cultured thug, but his...furbizia...if that is the word I am aiming for...was classy. A cultured thug. Never a biter.

We passed up on Cassano for free because his character didn't suit the club values. Why the hell would we want a player who attacks others for no reason other than because he is a spiteful, racist moron? Suarez doesn't need any provocation. he is simply a dickhead who can't control himself.

His brain power was well demonstrated by his interview in which he complained about the english media picking on him for cheating, then in the same breath, admitted cheating against stoke.

His work against Ghana in the WC was understandable but also despicable, especially his celebrating.

Some, many would love him at Juve. I see him as lacking the class and dignity which the club has long held close to its heart as have I.

No...I don't wish to see him at Juve. It would mark an about turn in our values.
I agree with much of your reasoning except the whole race issue (and the part about American ownership). Not agree with it as in "fuck suarez", but I can see why you feel the way you do. But the race mention is ironic especially when you consider recent issue with the Juve fan base. Your fans did wave bananas at Milan this weekend. :D

- - - Updated - - -

He meant take a loan from the bank (or wherever) in order to pay Liverpool, I believe, not loan Suarez from Liverpool.
I didn't think that needed explaining. :stuckup:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
We won't get him, will never happen. We won't pay 35m+ and 7m+ in salary for a player. You'll here Marotta giving us the whole figure during the whole contract and not sign him.

Also Barca will get him, they will sign everything now that they got fucked.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Lopan, seriously, wtf

handball in the box has a punishment : penalty and red card. if the ghana player is to bad to convert it, wel his fault!

Cassano vs suarez ? oh cmon, cassano creates trouble, suarez just ventilates his anger on the field in an odd way. he doesnt cause turmoil in the dressing room.

Biting > ellbowing a fractured jaw or breaking a leg, or tearing tendons

He meant take a loan from the bank (or wherever) in order to pay Liverpool, I believe, not loan Suarez from Liverpool.
whats better for buyer and seller respectively

- buy in periodical installments ?
- loan the figure ?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Lopan, seriously, wtf

handball in the box has a punishment : penalty and red card. if the ghana player is to bad to convert it, wel his fault!

Cassano vs suarez ? oh cmon, cassano creates trouble, suarez just ventilates his anger on the field in an odd way. he doesnt cause turmoil in the dressing room.

- loan the figure ?
The buyer doesn't care if the money comes from a loan because the selling team takes out the loan. So basically, the seller prefers to be paid up front and the buyer prefers payments.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

- loan the figure ?
Seller wants it all up front. Makes no odds to them how the deal is financed, so long as the buyer can afford to make the payment(s).

Buyer wants to spread the cost. Better if the buyer doesn't have to take out a loan as they have to pay the interest on that loan.

That's in the most simplistic terms. Others will know better than me if there is something else to consider in terms of particular accounting jiggery-pokery.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I agree with much of your reasoning except the whole race issue (and the part about American ownership). Not agree with it as in "$#@! suarez", but I can see why you feel the way you do. But the race mention is ironic especially when you consider recent issue with the Juve fan base. Your fans did wave bananas at Milan this weekend. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't think that needed explaining. :stuckup:
I was under the impression that Juve reacted as correctly as they could in the circumstances...isolating players who could be seen to be behaving deplorably, accepting the fine re-iterating their stance against racism??? Liverpool...manager and club actually defended Suarez during the Evra debacle. Quite openly, astonishingly and awfully. Quite a difference there I reckon. Agnelli and Conte didn't defend the guilty fans.

The idea of American ownership taking the soul from the club is in its larval stage. The more it soaks in my head though, the more it seems to gain accuracy. Hicks and Gillet's mismanagement...followed by Werner's far from successful stint since buying the club. Its neither here nor there to me that both groups are americans, just factual in terms of description. I feel similar towards City. Not so much towards United, since their squad has always maintained a core of players from the home countries. Chelsea are a different case, for their english trio of Cole, Terry, Lampard maintained a core which was mirrored in the national team, as well as I enjoyed Mourinho's passion, which was transferred to his players. Dalglish was running on empty when he returned as manager, already finished. Rodgers may well come good, but...7th place and below in points and performances their wirral rivals?

As a neutral I would like to see them improve. Of all my travels around the globe, I have found football to be the main universal language. When attempts at communicating in sentences fails me Football has appeared to form a bridge...whether that be street kids at Giza (Egypt) wearing Man United tops with Cantona on the back, or dodgy natives at shady truck stops for local coaches in Rajastan (India), whose gaunt frames are adorned with Liverpool jersey's, with Gerrard and Owen shared between the crowd huddled around a burning barrel. A glorious history which I hope recovers and continues in the Present.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I was under the impression that Juve reacted as correctly as they could in the circumstances...isolating players who could be seen to be behaving deplorably, accepting the fine re-iterating their stance against racism??? Liverpool...manager and club actually defended Suarez during the Evra debacle. Quite openly, astonishingly and awfully. Quite a difference there I reckon. Agnelli and Conte didn't defend the guilty fans.

The idea of American ownership taking the soul from the club is in its larval stage. The more it soaks in my head though, the more it seems to gain accuracy. Hicks and Gillet's mismanagement...followed by Werner's far from successful stint since buying the club. Its neither here nor there to me that both groups are americans, just factual in terms of description. I feel similar towards City. Not so much towards United, since their squad has always maintained a core of players from the home countries. Chelsea are a different case, for their english trio of Cole, Terry, Lampard maintained a core which was mirrored in the national team, as well as I enjoyed Mourinho's passion, which was transferred to his players. Dalglish was running on empty when he returned as manager, already finished. Rodgers may well come good, but...7th place and below in points and performances their wirral rivals?

As a neutral I would like to see them improve. Of all my travels around the globe, I have found football to be the main universal language. When attempts at communicating in sentences fails me Football has appeared to form a bridge...whether that be street kids at Giza (Egypt) wearing Man United tops with Cantona on the back, or dodgy natives at shady truck stops for local coaches in Rajastan (India), whose gaunt frames are adorned with Liverpool jersey's, with Gerrard and Owen shared between the crowd huddled around a burning barrel. A glorious history which I hope recovers and continues in the Present.
Hicks and Gillet were terrible. They filled the club with debt, had no idea about football culture, or the workings of a football league. They were a disgrace and fully deserved to lose the money they lost.

Werner and Henry seem to be different types. Both respect tradition and want to see old glory renewed (see the decision to expand Anfield rather than build new). Though they got off to a rocky start, trusting in Kenny instead of going with their gut (which was to hire a young, competitive manager to begin rebuilding) and took a gamble that is just now beginning to pay off. They seem to understand the importance of building a solid core before adding the major pieces. As for this season, Rogers hasn't improved much in the points, but we seem to be playing better and with a bit of attitude. Something not seen since Rafa's heyday. So for this reason, I'm willing to be patient while the owners work on their project. As a Juventus fan I'm sure you understand that.

I hope we get back to the glory days as well. However, one could argue that the current Liverpool line up is more English than Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, and on some days Manchester United. Johnson, Wisdom, Carragher, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing, and Sturridge have all featured fairly regularly with youngsters like Sterling getting games at the 1st team level.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Lopan, seriously, wtf

:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)