Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (68 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Hypothetically, if this were true, would you guys be willing to lose Vidal to get Suarez? Really hard call to make. Personally, I'd hold on to Vidal. Even though Suarez is the best forward we can buy at the moment.
Keep Vidal.

Just look at Liverpool, who has the guy in question, Suarez, right now. Great attack, average midfield/defence = no trophies

We are the opposite. Great defence/midfield, average attack = win

What I said about Liverpool can be said about a dozen other clubs in Europe; that they have a great attack, but are lacking in the midfield and defensive departments. Atl. Madrid and Napoli are other good examples.

We have proven, and we're on our way of proving for the 2nd season in a row, that it's much more important to have a great defence and a great midfield if you want to win. We look likely to retain the scudetto, we've beaten the likes of Chelsea in the CL and absolutely slaughtered Celtic. All with an "average" attack, but a great midfield and defence.

Ideally we'd be great in all areas, but if we can't, I'd rather keep things the way they are.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Players like Vidal are so rare these days, I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Maybe a Zidane other than that, no other player in the modern game could replicate what Vidal does for us.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
We can't buy Suarez, in any universe :p .

I wouldn't trade Vidal for him, he's played his way straight into my heart.
Keep Vidal.

Just look at Liverpool, who has the guy in question, Suarez, right now. Great attack, average midfield/defence = no trophies

What I said about Liverpool can be said about a dozen other clubs in Europe; that they have a great attack, but are lacking in the midfield and defensive departments. Atl. Madrid and Napoli are other good examples.

We have proven, and we're on our way of proving for the 2nd season in a row, that it's much more important to have a great defence and a great midfield if you want to win. We look likely to retain the scudetto, we've beaten the likes of Chelsea in the CL and absolutely slaughtered Celtic. All with an "average" attack, but a great midfield and defence.

Ideally we'd be great in all areas, but if we can't, I'd rather keep things the way they are.
Players like Vidal are so rare these days, I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Maybe a Zidane other than that, no other player in the modern game could replicate what Vidal does for us.
No thank you to Suarez, keep Vidal. And while we're at it, let's accommodate him even more by signing his buddy Sanchez.
:tup:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't think there would be a shortage of volunteers from here if there was a requirement to do Marchisio, regardless of circumstance.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Keep Vidal.

:tup: great post Jemmy.

Although, it would be sensational having that rat faced fuck in our squad. Sensational player and a decisive one as well.

Apr 19, 2007
yes it more likely that a bad attack scores1-2 goals a game with a good supporting midfield than a great attack score 3 on its own. Thats the scenario the teams like liverpool and napoli face. Because of poor midfield and defense play they are forced to score more than necessary for a side like Juve

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I'd drive Vidal to the airport if it means we have a chance at Aguero/Iniesta. Vidal is a great players but the work he does for the team can be replicated to an 80 % by someone like Asamoah.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I'd drive Vidal to the airport if it means we have a chance at Aguero/Iniesta. Vidal is a great players but the work he does for the team can be replicated to an 80 % by someone like Asamoah.
Come on man, you really would trade a player like King Arturo to a player who chose City over Juve?

And you prefer to have Iniesta instead of Vidal? Nooo, we have to keep players like Vidal for as long as we can.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Come on man, you really would trade a player like King Arturo to a player who chose City over Juve?

And you prefer to have Iniesta instead of Vidal? Nooo, we have to keep players like Vidal for as long as we can.
I'm talking talent wise, someone like Aguero would have a huge impact on our team, he's arguably a top 10 player in the world, young at 24 and he's a superstar who'll be a true heir for Ale for years to come, don't get me wrong, i love Vidal but i won't pass up the opportunity to get Aguero if it meant we have to part ways wth Arturo, Vidal's added value to the team could be replaced or replicated, we have Pogba and Asamoah, both very capable players and we did fine in the game where Vidal wasn't there.

And you'd be crazy if you reject the thought of getting Iniesta for Vidal. Iniesta is a third best player in the world.

Jul 20, 2012
I'm talking talent wise, someone like Aguero would have a huge impact on our team, he's arguably a top 10 player in the world, young at 24 and he's a superstar who'll be a true heir for Ale for years to come, don't get me wrong, i love Vidal but i won't pass up the opportunity to get Aguero if it meant we have to part ways wth Arturo, Vidal's added value to the team could be replaced or replicated, we have Pogba and Asamoah, both very capable players and we did fine in the game where Vidal wasn't there.

And you'd be crazy if you reject the thought of getting Iniesta for Vidal. Iniesta is a third best player in the world.
Why does everyone think we will replace Del Piero? ITs impossible and that makes no sense, weakening our midfield to strengthen our attack. WE want to balance our defence, midfield and attack so its all strong not make one area weaker

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Why does everyone think we will replace Del Piero? ITs impossible and that makes no sense, weakening our midfield to strengthen our attack. WE want to balance our defence, midfield and attack so its all strong not make one area weaker
The drop off of quality in the MF wouldn't be that huge, but the step up in quality in Attack would be immense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)