Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (9 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I think it's wrong to always get fans' hopes up so often especially when the words are directly from his mouth only for us not to end up with any top striker since his time here.

He could always give ambiguous responses tbh.
Get the fans hopes up only to let them down how exactly? We're on the road for a back to back scudetto and quarter final challenge in the CHL. We might not have that huge name in attack, but there is simply no justification for being let down as a Juventino the past two seasons.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
He shouldn't be naming them then ;)
Or you could think for yourself and take it for what it is. Marotta gets asked about Van Persie in an interview and he answers "He is definitely a world class player who could bring alot to Juventus". Where did he let anyone down? The questions come from the media.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He doesn't go around suggesting names to the media :D
"So, Beppe, will you try to sign a top player in attack like Suarez or Jovetic or Neymar"

"These players are champions, but they are not within our reach in financial terms, but in football you can never say never"

Juventus fans: HOMGZ, Marotta said he's gonna sign a top striker like Suarez omgomgomgomgomzzzzz!!!

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I don't know how many times he has to say "Certain players are out of our reach financially" for fans to get the point. I stopped getting "disappointed" over these non-transfers years ago, times have changed. We have a different method for building a successful team now (financially and from a technical point of view) and it seems to be working fine.

Is Fernando Llorente on a free transfer not a good start? Personally, I'd prefer that than spending 20M + (and insane wages) on a Balotelli for example.
Tbh, hearing Juve-Van Perise or Juve-Higuain etc is a lot more interesting and attention grabbing to most fans rather than 'Marotta: we can't afford a top player'.

Llorente is definitely a good start but I don't think he's the level of Suarez, Ibra etc

Get the fans hopes up only to let them down how exactly? We're on the road for a back to back scudetto and quarter final challenge in the CHL. We might not have that huge name in attack, but there is simply no justification for being let down as a Juventino the past two seasons.
Maybe some fans just like the idea of having a star attacker. Personally I'm not so bothered by it.

He doesn't go around suggesting names to the media :D
He did in the past, I remember one long interview he did (tuttosport? window between 11-12 12-13? I think) where he named a whole bunch of players like Higuain, Van Persie etc saying they are the sorts of players he would like to sign but only to end up with Bendtner. Since he obviously he wouldn't be signing them, he shouldn't be getting fans' hopes up by mentioning them.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
"So, Beppe, will you try to sign a top player in attack like Suarez or Jovetic or Neymar"

"These players are champions, but they are not within our reach in financial terms, but in football you can never say never"

Juventus fans: HOMGZ, Marotta said he's gonna sign a top striker like Suarez omgomgomgomgomzzzzz!!!
The Society, transcending time zones since 2012 :touched:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He did in the past, I remember one long interview he did (tuttosport? window between 11-12 12-13? I think) where he named a whole bunch of players like Higuain, Van Persie etc saying they are the sorts of players he would like to sign but only to end up with Bendtner. Since he obviously he wouldn't be signing them, he shouldn't be getting fans' hopes up by mentioning them.
It was with Corriere dello Sport. This is from that interview: http://www.corrieredellosport.it/vi.../Juve,+forum+con+Marotta:+Van+Persie+e+Suarez

You can see he was asked.

Dec 31, 2008
It's understandable that we won't sign a very expensive player. What is not understandable is why we sign turd nuggets like giovinco and bendtner.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Call me crazy, but I still think the Ibra transfer is one of the more likely to go through. I'm almost completely convinced that Mourinho is heading for PSG this summer, which free's up Ibra for a transfer. He is at his peak right now, but will start going down hill in a season or two, he's made more than enough money to last him a life time. He doesn't want England, I can't see him returning to Inter nor Milan.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Or he'll just stay at PSG

- - - Updated - - -

PSG, Man City, Bayern, (Chelsea?)................................ Juve

in that order
Well, my entire scenario rests on the foundation of Mourinho coming to PSG. That excludes Ibra staying, the way they left things when Ibra left for Barca guarantees that, both of them are too proud to continue a cooperation like that.

Ibra is not going to England, you can bank on that. He knows that the style of playing wont suit him and he's said it several times that the league doesn't interest him.

He's not going to Bayern, because of Guardiola - the two of them despise each other on a genetic level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)