Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (9 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
There is basically a 1% chance that

a) We will try to sign Suarez

b) He would want to come here

There is no chance in hell we can afford his wages. Simple as that. He is in the sights of the Real Madrids, Bayern Munichs and City's. Not us.
I got him on FIFA 13, did a player swap with Bendtner for Suarez. It's definitely possible. EA would never exaggerate about such important matters.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I just hope Marotta doesn't say something like 'Suarez is the sort of player we are looking for/could improve the team'.

Because then when he doesn't sign for €40m+ with €7m salary the usual will be 'OMFGZ, he promised us Suarez/a top player :( :('

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I just hope Marotta doesn't say something like 'Suarez is the sort of player we are looking for/could improve the team'.

Because then when he doesn't sign for €40m+ with €7m salary the usual will be 'OMFGZ, he promised us Suarez/a top player :( :('
What about the

"HOMGZ Marotta lyk signed 4 playas for a combined fee of 35M, n if u add all da wagez n da trnsfer fee he could had bought Suarez or NeYmar OMFGZ :cry: :( grrr sack Marotta fkn idiot bring bak Moggi"

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

He has mentioned a lot of players... Higuain, Aguero, Van Persie, Tevez, Suarez, Balotelli etc

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Of course, but he is damned either way with those questions. If he says he's not interested in good players he lacks ambition, if he mentions them and doesn't sign one he is a liar.
Ambiguity ftw

'We are always looking to strengthen our squad in all areas'

Mentioning specific players is pretty bad if you have no intention to sign them.

- - - Updated - - -

He's maybe mentioned 1 or 2 (max) of those players you mentioned.

The rest is media bullshit.
He's mentioned a lot in interviews, you could probably find more than that if you look hard enough.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Ambiguity ftw

'We are always looking to strengthen our squad in all areas'

Mentioning specific players is pretty bad if you have no intention to sign them.

- - - Updated - - -

He's mentioned a lot in interviews, you could probably find more than that if you look hard enough.
I can remember maybe Aguero and RVP. And even then, it wasn't like he said we're definitely in the race for them, just said there was interest.

Anyway, as Jay said, he's damned if he does damned if it doesnt. A thankless job.

I just prefer to sit back and look at the team he (along with Paratici) has built over the past 3 years. Speaks for itself.

in b4 "it's all Conte"

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I think it's wrong to always get fans' hopes up so often especially when the words are directly from his mouth only for us not to end up with any top striker since his time here.

He could always give ambiguous responses tbh.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I think it's wrong to always get fans' hopes up so often especially when the words are directly from his mouth only for us not to end up with any top striker since his time here.

He could always give ambiguous responses tbh.
I don't know how many times he has to say "Certain players are out of our reach financially" for fans to get the point. I stopped getting "disappointed" over these non-transfers years ago, times have changed. We have a different method for building a successful team now (financially and from a technical point of view) and it seems to be working fine.

Is Fernando Llorente on a free transfer not a good start? Personally, I'd prefer that than spending 20M + (and insane wages) on a Balotelli for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)