Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (56 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2007
Higuaín is wasting his time by staying for the fans/coach as he isn't achieving what he can there, but fucking hell he sure does bring out the best in some people.

To the best of my knowledge Liverpool are actually in the red as far as their accounts are concerned. They may be able to sustain heavy losses with such deals but it would be a fallacy to assume that lack of CL action is not weakening their position as a selling club.
I didn't say it didn't weaken them, I said you understated their power to keep him at this time. If he kicks up a fuss, let's see what happens.

Also, even if for a minute we assume Suarez is to cost 40m. What would you rather do with this summer's entire budget if not buy someone of his quality? It's an oil club dream to buy a player worth 40m every season, but it's certainly a valuable investment to buy such a player once in a 3-4 year cycle after you have spent on mediocre players as well as others that have given you a solid base to launch off. The ONLY two positions that need fixing right now are an SS and an LwB and a purchase of a top quality SS would allow us to make that quantum leap in ways we can only dream right now. As for Suarez's wages, I do believe we have been in the Market for an RVP and Aguero level signing, before losing out for various reasons, but at both times, it was evident that we were willing to pay a certain level of salary to those players, and that would now apply to a Suarez level signing. I see no reason to lower expectations this summer after Marrotta has had three seasons to sign one quality player in attack. Bendtner was unacceptable last season, but if Suarez is above expectations currently, then I don't think we are looking at the CL as seriously as we should.
If the club can afford Suárez, I would not reject him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Suarez's success depends a lot on the system he's in and how the team is set up around him.
Yeah the killer passes the likes of downing, joe allen and sterling provide are responsible for his form :rolleyes:

He does everything on his own. Hypothetically speaking: remove suarez and add higuain to liverpool's system... how do you see him performing?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
all the highlighted is BS, i find it very hard to get beyond your EPL and rooney bias

fixed
Well Rooney has definitely been playing at a much higher and more consistent level then Higuain. You can hate him all you want (I dont personally like him I prefer pool to UTD) but the guy is a key asset for United's success since they bought him from Everton and has been scoring regularly every season. I rate Benzema, Tevez, Falcao, Rooney, Cavani, Gomez, Aguero, Villa, Ibra above Pipita. That doesnt mean that he isnt miles ahead of Matri and Vucinic.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
all the highlighted is BS, i find it very hard to get beyond your EPL and rooney bias
Are you kidding? Have you watched Suarez at all? the guy's work ethic is unbelievable. No one has a never say die win at all costs attitude more than Suarez. He runs at defenders as soon as he loses the ball, he dives to win penalties he stops the ball with his hands to not concede a goal that boy is a winner.

Pace? Higuain? have you confused him with Di Maria? that doesnt award a response with all due respect.
Finishing? Higuain is extremely wasteful with his finishing while Suarez scores impossible goals.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

May 22, 2007
Yeah the killer passes the likes of downing, joe allen and sterling provide are responsible for his form :rolleyes:

He does everything on his own. Hypothetically speaking: remove suarez and add higuain to liverpool's system... how do you see him performing?
You shouldn't be making this comparison.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Suarez right now is better than Higuain ever was or probably ever will be.

- - - Updated - - -

You shouldn't be making this comparison.
They play different roles for sure but if we are talking about individual effectiveness in an average squad Suarez is much more effective.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Higuain right before madrid went all galactico or what not was enjoying a good form, sorta like suarez at pool atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)