Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (16 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He is a bitch but he will die for the shirt he wears so I want him to wear our shirt. Fuck the opposition, he can do what he wants to them.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
And he's valued on 29.000.000 €, if we got 20.000.000€ for advancing to the 1/8 on CL. Get him shouldn't be a problem, unless he doesn't wants to play on Italy.
we got 16.something mill for playing the groupstages, this money was allready incalculated before the summer mercato

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
yeah, to people not common with budgetting, it goes like this.

At the end of the season, they look at the total turnover of the last season

They then look at wether it will improve or decline depending on where the team stands for the comming season
For juventus, this means they calculated 3 90-100% sellouts for CL home games, probably 10-12points of bonus money (3 wins, 3 draws), and other income.
Last year it meant, expected improvement trough gate receips.

then they look at total net spend -transfers.

In any healtyclub, the total income-netspend without transfers, should be a positive number, unless you failed to qualify for cl or something.

if the figure is negative, players might be sold, or loans aquired if you are based in spain. reducing wages can also help, marotta did that in 2009/2010
if the figure is positive, money can be used for transfers.

there, thats how it goes.
so no, the board didnt go like "oh look we got 20 mil cause we played the 6 CL games, got 3 home games and some bonus cash"

Transfers in the winter ?

eighter, IF there is leftover budget from the summer, it could be used for transfers now.

OR

if the board thinks,that a new signings cost, will make us go far enough in CL to recuperate trough gate receips , starter fee and bonus fee for draw/win, then they might do it

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Suarez is brilliant.

However, he isn't really the sort of player Juve need.

Suarez is great for a defensive team or a team that struggle to make chances because he can be almost a one-man attack.

Juve are a side that creates plenty chances already, so they don't really need someone like that.

Playing for Juve would probably highlight his indifferent chance conversion rate - and Juve already have plenty strikers who know how to score one chance in three or four.

That said, it would be very hard to turn down the chance to sign Suarez if it came up, particularly given the his work rate would make it quite easy for him to fit in.

Not doubt he'd make Juve better, I just doubt he'd make them 25m+ and 5m+ a year better.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #1,309
    She is right though with the comparison, minus handshake/biting scandals, they fit the same mould of players who are obnoxious mofos for opposition players.
    Yeah, but what I think these two have more in common is that they are winners. They'll do whatever it takes to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Suarez is brilliant.

However, he isn't really the sort of player Juve need.

Suarez is great for a defensive team or a team that struggle to make chances because he can be almost a one-man attack.

Juve are a side that creates plenty chances already, so they don't really need someone like that.

Playing for Juve would probably highlight his indifferent chance conversion rate - and Juve already have plenty strikers who know how to score one chance in three or four.

That said, it would be very hard to turn down the chance to sign Suarez if it came up, particularly given the his work rate would make it quite easy for him to fit in.

Not doubt he'd make Juve better, I just doubt he'd make them 25m+ and 5m+ a year better.
    Who do you think is the player Juve needs?

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Who do you think is the player Juve needs?
    A poacher or a target man.

Or a combination of the two, ideally.

Not a dribbling second striker type (Cronios :heart:), even if they do score some goals.

I'd want someone to give a real presence in the box.

Of the players I think are genuinely attainable, I'd be going for Llorente or Huntelaar.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Thing is, following scenario

we sign Llorente on a free transfer, assuming all the media got it right. (altho i still dont believe them)

Technically we can spend on other area's. i'd say verratti, but that would depend on ancelotti going or staying.

But what if we bought suarez, and went for 4-3-3 as much as 3-5-2, depending on opposition and player form ?

Considering our current 3-5-2, with vucinic-Llorente as forwards
    or 4-3-3, with vucinic-llorente-suarez as forwards (licht-barza-bon-chielo defense)

dont you think he'd be worth the purchase then ? @Red

- - - Updated - - -

We need Falcao. Should be easy.
    You forget that he went to athletico for 40 mil and they have no reason to sell him for less ?
    But i do agree, he's probably the best striker in the world for us, potentially

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Can't imagine Juve being able to bring in two players on wages of that level in one summer.

But, yes. Llorente and Suarez would be great together.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Can't imagine Juve being able to bring in two players on wages of that level in one summer.

But, yes. Llorente and Suarez would be great together.
    Hmm, i suppose it involves some players leaving, but what wages do you think suarez and Llorente would command

I suppose 5 mil Llorente, not sure about suarez

I wonder based on our turnover this year, what wages+summerbudget we could realistically afford while focussing on beeing self sustainable.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
    I agree with your overall premise Red. One thing I do like about Suarez is his counter-attack ability which is something we desperately lack. We don't have the pace, strength, power up top that I think you need to compete in Europe.

Sure, we can create thousands of chances in Serie A. What happens when we run up against one of the Spanish giants or a German team?

My first thought against a team like Dortmund, for example, would be that we'll be hesitant to make the game fast and we'll be hesitant to commit people forward. In that case, Suarez is extremely useful as a player that can make things happen without our whole team needing to be involved. I don't like the way we play when the other team commits to pressing us. We looked bad against Fiorentina and Inter who pushed back against us. Even Milan with 3 guys up top cause a bit of a problem and ultimately won. Our first game against Shakhtar was less than impressive as we sat back without a player up top that can actually counter properly.

And I agree a Suarez, Llorente pairing would be immense.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Technically, we dont play a style depending on counters, since we want to push them back, domminate battles everywere, and go from there.

Llorente also doesnt seemb like a player suiter for quick counters.

If we do are to counter, as in , defend deep and invite opponents into our half. its say giovinco's goal against chelsea showed we can take advantage of the space.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
    Technically, we dont play a style depending on counters, since we want to push them back, domminate battles everywere, and go from there.

Llorente also doesnt seemb like a player suiter for quick counters.

If we do are to counter, as in , defend deep and invite opponents into our half. its say giovinco's goal against chelsea showed we can take advantage of the space.
    I know. We really don't play counters at all. But that's because we don't need them usually. But a player like Suarez can operate in both styles. As we progress in the CL, teams will be more and more likely to push back at us and the proper tactic will probably be to counter except we lack the forwards to do that.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I agree with your overall premise Red. One thing I do like about Suarez is his counter-attack ability which is something we desperately lack. We don't have the pace, strength, power up top that I think you need to compete in Europe.

Sure, we can create thousands of chances in Serie A. What happens when we run up against one of the Spanish giants or a German team?

My first thought against a team like Dortmund, for example, would be that we'll be hesitant to make the game fast and we'll be hesitant to commit people forward. In that case, Suarez is extremely useful as a player that can make things happen without our whole team needing to be involved. I don't like the way we play when the other team commits to pressing us. We looked bad against Fiorentina and Inter who pushed back against us. Even Milan with 3 guys up top cause a bit of a problem and ultimately won. Our first game against Shakhtar was less than impressive as we sat back without a player up top that can actually counter properly.
    What Llorente would offer, against a team like BVB, would be the option to wreck their pressing game by just chipping the ball over their midfield and onto Llorente's chest and starting play from there.

Having never seen any indication from Conte that he has any real inclination towards counter-attacking football, I don't know if he'd value Suarez pace over Llorente's ability to keep the ball. He seems determined that Juve should try and control the game pretty much regardless of the opposition.

I'd always look to have more of a counter-attacking threat than Juve have just now, but I'm not sure Juve are yet in a position to make signings for the few times a season where that would be needed, rather making the signing that would benefit them most in the vast majority of games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)