Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (9 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Jovetic>>>>>>Suarez
Not true. Also, when I say best value for money buy, it implies our spends to acquire the player. At 20m plus Krasic, which IMO will be enough, this is the best piece of business we can make this summer. This can and will only become unrealistic when Suarez signs a new contract for Pool who IMO aren't very sure themselves about how they wAnt to proceed with Dempsey and Demba Ba.

Also, as for being the better player, at least right now for what its worth I think Suarez is the better player because he's quite the finished article. JoJo is 'potentially' better.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Not true. Also, when I say best value for money buy, it implies our spends to acquire the player. At 20m plus Krasic, which IMO will be enough, this is the best piece of business we can make this summer. This can and will only become unrealistic when Suarez signs a new contract for Pool who IMO aren't very sure themselves about how they wAnt to proceed with Dempsey and Demba Ba.

Also, as for being the better player, at least right now for what its worth I think Suarez is the better player because he's quite the finished article. JoJo is 'potentially' better.
There's they key. Right now Suarez is way better since he's played for bigger clubs in Liverpool and Ajax and for a longer time. As of right now I think he's a far better player but who knows.. It pretty much depends how fast Jovetic will grow into his expectations. Could that be this year in Juventus? It could.. But Suarez is already there and when it comes to the price I value them pretty similar. For 30m € you can get Suares too, but as mentioned in the quoted post - 20m + Krasic would tempt Liverpool!!!!!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well i think we should look at the future.

This selection is young, but showed the juventus spirit again. We should do what juve allways did in the past, wich is doing well in italy first, and get out of the group stages, then see from there. we must build our finances and global image, and that wont go over a day.

Because its a project over multiple years, we shouldnt look to put the money in finished products, but rather the players with the highest potential. while they rise to the peak of their potential, we'll continue to rebuild our image and finances.
In the mean time, we should also not forget about the big impact expirienced players can have on a young squat, getting free transfers and relatively low wages for players like pirlo, lucio and barzagli are good.
they'll help guide the young ones to their maximum potential

so offcourse jovetic is the better option compared to suarez. our team is allready massively stronger then anything else in italy, and unless we get an absolute horrorgroup, we will allways go trough the group stages in the CL.

spend the budged on youngsters, get the expirience on cheap. it will bring us far

Apr 29, 2006
Well i think we should look at the future.

This selection is young, but showed the juventus spirit again. We should do what juve allways did in the past, wich is doing well in italy first, and get out of the group stages, then see from there. we must build our finances and global image, and that wont go over a day.

Because its a project over multiple years, we shouldnt look to put the money in finished products, but rather the players with the highest potential. while they rise to the peak of their potential, we'll continue to rebuild our image and finances.
In the mean time, we should also not forget about the big impact expirienced players can have on a young squat, getting free transfers and relatively low wages for players like pirlo, lucio and barzagli are good.
they'll help guide the young ones to their maximum potential

so offcourse jovetic is the better option compared to suarez. our team is allready massively stronger then anything else in italy, and unless we get an absolute horrorgroup, we will allways go trough the group stages in the CL.

spend the budged on youngsters, get the expirience on cheap. it will bring us far
Not really. It goes both ways - Arsenal are doing great in building their image, right? Wrong!
Football is football. There is no guaranteed success model - that's why its a mixture of a lot of things and ever changing. What we need is a team - not tomorrow - now. The best we could get and good enough to believe and do beat anyone on their day. The rest is luck...

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Well yeah. Juventus' a rich club. We have a budget to use and that's what we do. We can't take risks like Udinese or Arsenal because we (the fans) demand results. And we should because Juventus is a very big club. This is where you play when you play best. We can't, even though id like to see it some time, field Primavera players at 18-19 years old because they've got no experience on this level. We have to loan them out and see how they do in Serie A. Just because you perform in Serie B you're not considered good enough for Serie A and especially not if you are about to play for a team that aims to win every single game they participate. Don't get me wrong but if you hear Udinese's manager Guidoin he said that Udinese expect a survival season next year. They don't aim to win every game they play. We do. We have world class players on world class wages - we must win. It's as easy as. There's competition for every position and that's healthy. The discussion is a bit odd since there's only 2 years of age between Jovetic and Suarez but still.
I say a player under 25 is a good buy - whether he's 22 or 25 - he's got a good 5 years in him and the very good ones even more..
Arguing Jovetic is the same player Suarez is isn't reasonable. I like Jovetic as well - don't get me wrong, but Suarez is just a very complete player whom (given his performances in EPL) is a solid consistent top class performing player..

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Not really. It goes both ways - Arsenal are doing great in building their image, right? Wrong!
Football is football. There is no guaranteed success model - that's why its a mixture of a lot of things and ever changing. What we need is a team - not tomorrow - now. The best we could get and good enough to believe and do beat anyone on their day. The rest is luck...
The thing is that, what i say is what arsenal has done for a wile, they qualified directly for CL, and allways went relatively far there, then sacrificing CL to prioritise the competition and direct qualification.
However, they never went on from that.

considering how much we spend over our limits, we must build up our image, so we can sign the class players, for normal wages because they want juventus, not like it is now, were we will have to spend tonns to make them consider us.
secondly, we need a massive increase in reveneu from television money, and we need a steady flow from that. arsenal for a few years is good, and then, we must do what we did in serie a, get the more expensive players, put everything on CL and go from that.

arsenal was to pussy to do it, and never value'd expirience.

Well yeah. Juventus' a rich club. We have a budget to use and that's what we do. We can't take risks like Udinese or Arsenal because we (the fans) demand results. And we should because Juventus is a very big club. This is where you play when you play best. We can't, even though id like to see it some time, field Primavera players at 18-19 years old because they've got no experience on this level. We have to loan them out and see how they do in Serie A. Just because you perform in Serie B you're not considered good enough for Serie A and especially not if you are about to play for a team that aims to win every single game they participate. Don't get me wrong but if you hear Udinese's manager Guidoin he said that Udinese expect a survival season next year. They don't aim to win every game they play. We do. We have world class players on world class wages - we must win. It's as easy as. There's competition for every position and that's healthy. The discussion is a bit odd since there's only 2 years of age between Jovetic and Suarez but still.
I say a player under 25 is a good buy - whether he's 22 or 25 - he's got a good 5 years in him and the very good ones even more..
Arguing Jovetic is the same player Suarez is isn't reasonable. I like Jovetic as well - don't get me wrong, but Suarez is just a very complete player whom (given his performances in EPL) is a solid consistent top class performing player..
rich in italy, common in oiltarnished europe.

Currently, the same player would accept a barcelona contract for a much lower fee then a juventus contract. we must improve image and financial power to compete with europe. whilst trying, then not mess it up like inter or milan.

I allready said we should look at the highest potential, but then also at the cost.

the transferfee, so far, doesnt seemb to be much diffrence. however, in wages, it will, and thats exactly what is the big drawback in italy. player wages

is it worth to get suarez, who is currently better but wont improve, at big wages, compared to jovetic with more potential, AND expirienced with serie a and italian language, that comes at a much lower cost ?

I would prefer jovetic. also consider the partnership with vucinic.

dont get me wrong, i preferred suarez over most players linked with us, but jovetic would be an extremely good signing for this juve

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
I think on the face of things, Suarez is the better player, but for Juve, Jovetic looks the better option simply because of his Serie A experience. So many p;layers come to the Serie A and just crash and burn, at least with Jovetic we know that won't happen. On the other hand, Suarez could prove better in the champions league.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I think on the face of things, Suarez is the better player, but for Juve, Jovetic looks the better option simply because of his Serie A experience. So many p;layers come to the Serie A and just crash and burn, at least with Jovetic we know that won't happen. On the other hand, Suarez could prove better in the champions league.
jovetic has already proved that he can make the difference in CL

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I would take Suarez over Jojo BUT!!
If we'll buy Luis I see Liverpool bringing Stevan in his place and I'll hang myself seeing Jove in this fucking team :yuck:
Soo bring me Jovetić now and maybe in winter we'll try to buy Luis after we'll sell Giovinco :klin:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
rich in italy, common in oiltarnished europe.

Currently, the same player would accept a barcelona contract for a much lower fee then a juventus contract. we must improve image and financial power to compete with europe. whilst trying, then not mess it up like inter or milan.

I allready said we should look at the highest potential, but then also at the cost.

the transferfee, so far, doesnt seemb to be much diffrence. however, in wages, it will, and thats exactly what is the big drawback in italy. player wages

is it worth to get suarez, who is currently better but wont improve, at big wages, compared to jovetic with more potential, AND expirienced with serie a and italian language, that comes at a much lower cost ?

I would prefer jovetic. also consider the partnership with vucinic.

dont get me wrong, i preferred suarez over most players linked with us, but jovetic would be an extremely good signing for this juve
Completely agree. Good thought! The difference is just that Suarez is more CF then Jovetic and the two are comparable only they are different kind of players IMO. Suarez is a dribbler and better on his own whereas JoJo is good, and realizing just now, perfect for powerplay like COnte likes to play given his long shot abilities etc..

May 22, 2007
Suarez is clearly the better player now, but Jovetic has this magical aura about him. He's going to be an absolute beast with us (should he join us) and achieve WC status.
So true, he's getting everyone wet in their undergarments because he is only 22 still. Luis is superior so far though.

Nick makes controversial claims though :p

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Suarez is clearly the better player now, but Jovetic has this magical aura about him. He's going to be an absolute beast with us (should he join us) and achieve WC status.
i would like this..

I would take Suarez over Jojo BUT!!
If we'll buy Luis I see Liverpool bringing Stevan in his place and I'll hang myself seeing Jove in this fucking team :yuck:
Soo bring me Jovetić now and maybe in winter we'll try to buy Luis after we'll sell Giovinco :klin:
...and this :snoop:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Oh, and what you said about redheads is true Zac, but it's mostly because they stand out as they are so rare.

A lot of Asians and black chicks are cray too, but they don't get the recognition they deserve because there are so many of them ;)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah redheads like to fuck a lot.

Suarez - doesn't seem at all likely that he'll be sold. In fact JuveJay sources understand that Carroll has asked to go back to Newcastle, so don't be surprised to see him back there before the window closes. It's known that Rodgers is not a fan of the long haired ape.

PieroKing

May 9, 2006
Liverpool will never sell Suarez. They are not that stupid. Besides an old Gerrard, he is their only star left. The only way they will consider selling him, if he demands to be sold.

I think personally, Suarez will give it a last shot at Liverpool. When they suck yet again next season and miss the CL, then he will be long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)