Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (6 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
And you don't think Edin wouldn't score more than 15-17 goals as our main striker??
I think Dzeko would score 20-22 goals, but Suarez will make a much bigger impact. I'm not arguing against Dzeko's goalscoring prowess. I just don't think it's worth sacrificing the opportunity/potential of getting Suarez for someone who might score 5-7 more goals than him, while being far less influential in other aspects/elements of the game.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think Dzeko would score 20-22 goals, but Suarez will make a much bigger impact. I'm not arguing against Dzeko's goalscoring prowess. I just don't think it's worth sacrificing the opportunity/potential of getting Suarez for someone who might score 5-7 more goals than him, while being far less influential in other aspects/elements of the game.
I know Suarez would add assists, but we have mirko and giovinco for that now, plus our dynamite midfield to support.

Dzeko brings more goals, that's what we need. If gio does the same next season, there is your 15-17 goal SS or CF.

We already have one, why buy another? We need a pure goal scorer.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
plenty of players scored a shit ton of goals in netherlands and went on to flop outside anyway (kezman anyone?) so it doesn't mean much.

and why wait for cavani or higuain? what makes you think they will be available next season? now is the perfect time to grab cavani while napoli are out of cl. because his value is only going to increase. same with higuain who is second choice at madrid, because next year another club might be interested in him.

also you don't know if we are going to win the cl or not. you didn't think we would finish in top 3 of the league past season, let alone win it while going undefeated playing stylish football. don't reach conclusions so easily
I respect your opinion, and I know I'm being hypothetical here, but I have a feeling that we should get Suarez/JoJo if we have the chance. These are players that can define/shape the club for years to come (particularly JoJo).

Higuain and Cavani will be even more frustrated next season, and I don't see other teams going for them, especially as most will be set in attack (we can also afford to spend more on that top CF next season, as he can be our sole target).

Regarding the CL, I'd love for us to win it, but if we failed to do so in our prime (choking in finals an all), what is to suggest that we are going to win it next season? Historically, we are unlikely to life the trophy, although hypothetically anything is possible.

Having said all that, Villa? :klin:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't like Suarez, that's a fact.

He's not what we need upfront, that's also a fact.

Dzeko is the type of striker we need, and that's another fact.
Let's agree to disagree then gentlemen :D

---------- Post added 04.07.2012 at 22:50 ----------

I know Suarez would add assists, but we have mirko and giovinco for that now, plus our dynamite midfield to support.

Dzeko brings more goals, that's what we need. If gio does the same next season, there is your 15-17 goal SS or CF.

We already have one, why buy another? We need a pure goal scorer.
Let's agree to disagree then gentlemen :D

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Suarez please..Hustini and co. and can go and fap all they want in Dzeshit's thread,dont derail Suarez's thread pls :numnum:

Suarez is a waaaaaaaaaaaay better signing than Dzeko.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Suarez please..Hustini and co. and can go and fap all they want in Dze$#@!'s thread,dont derail Suarez's thread pls :numnum:

Suarez is waaaaaaaaaaaay better signing than Dzeko.
do you even watch football? more specifically did you even watch a single juve game last season?

the answer is no

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Suarez please..Hustini and co. and can go and fap all they want in Dzeshit's thread,dont derail Suarez's thread pls :numnum:

Suarez is a waaaaaaaaaaaay better signing than Dzeko.
:dielaugh:

---------- Post added 04.07.2012 at 11:56 ----------

do you even watch football? more specifically did you even watch a single juve game last season?

the answer is no
This.

Damn iPhone is slow, you beat me to it.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I'm inclined to agree with the 'striker over SS'-posse here. We create plenty of chances and we've got Giovinco now, who will add creativity. We just need someone to actually put it in the back of the net.

Suarez, even though better than our current options, isn't a big an upgrade as a proper CF would be, which would address our biggest problem. Especially in the CHL you don't get enough chances for Matri to struggle with his first touch.

I really like Suarez though. I feel you B81. :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Better player? Definitely.

Better signing? Debatable, given that Dzeko is the better scorer.

However, I want Suarez :stuckup:
Finally a reasonable post from you.:)

---------- Post added 04.07.2012 at 12:00 ----------

I'm inclined to agree with the 'striker over SS'-posse here. We create plenty of chances and we've got Giovinco now, who will add creativity. We just need someone to actually put it in the back of the net.

Suarez, even though better than our current options, isn't a big an upgrade as a proper CF would be, which would address our biggest problem. Especially in the CHL you don't get enough chances for Matri to struggle with his first touch.

:D
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)