Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
4-2-3-1 makes plenty of sense to me

Of course, in most serie A games we can quite easily throw Pirlo in from the start and play 4-3-3. But 4-2-3-1 would be the best line-up in Europe and against any potential scudetto rivals. Tbh as far as rivals go I don't see anybody. Roma will undoubtedly struggle with Europe unless they completely overhaul their bench. I think we'll get somewhere around 85-92 points next season with Roma/Napoli trailing behind.

Long story short, Pirlo can play plenty of games, but when we need to be at our absolute best we should drop him and play 4-2-3-1. Can always throw him on 65minutes in where his lack of energy will not be such a problem.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
4-2-3-1 makes plenty of sense to me

Of course, in most serie A games we can quite easily throw Pirlo in from the start and play 4-3-3. But 4-2-3-1 would be the best line-up in Europe and against any potential scudetto rivals. Tbh as far as rivals go I don't see anybody. Roma will undoubtedly struggle with Europe unless they completely overhaul their bench. I think we'll get somewhere around 85-92 points next season with Roma/Napoli trailing behind.

Long story short, Pirlo can play plenty of games, but when we need to be at our absolute best we should drop him and play 4-2-3-1. Can always throw him on 65minutes in where his lack of energy will not be such a problem.
But who plays no. 10 in the 4-2-3-1? If it's Tevez, then it's basically 4-4-2.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Tbh I can't see why he couldn't. He won't be effective as much of course, but he did play as RWF for City on more than a few occasions. And he can always play little closer to the middle in trident. People around here think that formation is fixed and not flexible for players to find their right place.
Don't ask me about this - I think exactly like you :D

Tevez wont play winger, he'd do a horrible job there, ruining most of his game. Conte knows this

433 would sacrifice tevez, where as 442/4231 would sacrifice pirlo. Your call.
And in reality Conte will want to have everything the best his squad got onto the pitch. IMO Tevez will play LWF just to accommodate 433 with Pirlo. The time will tell though.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Tevez won't die if he has to play LW once in a while.

If we stack the CMs, something like Vidal-Asamoah-Pogba, then Tevez can play a CR7 type LW who stays more central and doesn't track back as much. Tevez is great when he cuts inside on his right foot.

Of course, if we field an athletic 4-3-3 and press, then Tevez is not going to be tracking so far back anyways, as it should be.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
:shifty: Why are you bringing Isla into this? :D
To demonstrate the amount of nonsense people is spilling in this thread.

I mean, ffs we are going from Isla, a useless winger with ZERO offensive power... to Nani who is totally the opposite of our only "offensive winger" who is Isla.

If people cant see the huge leaps of upgrade between those 2, then i dont know what else to say.

Not to mention he would cost us 5 friggin mils. I think thats less that what we paid for PELUSO, and 2 times less what we paid for Ogbonna who is a benchwarmer.

Just think about it for a second people.

His consistency and fitness is a n issue... but we need to rememebr that this guy is following the same line of the llorente and tevez and Pirlo signings: great players who lost their way in their former teams and are eager to demonstrate they are not done for.

Conte does magic with this kind of players.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Tevez yeah, well as long as it's not a rigid Fergie style 4-4-2 that's fine.
I think 4-4-2 (or a de facto 4-4-2) would be a massive step backwards. Whatever about a back 3, you definitely can't compete at the top in Europe these days with 2 in midfield. Every top team would outnumber you there. They all have (at least) 3 central midfielders, whether that's 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or whatever.

In Serie A you could get away with

Vidal Pogba
Winger Tevez Winger
Llorente

In Europe you could change that to:

Vidal Marchisio Pogba
Winger Llorente Tevez

Or

Vidal Pogba Asamoah
Winger Llorente Tevez

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Depends how effective Tevez can be on the wing, because he's clearly our best striker and if he's offensively useless on the wing then we're messing our own team up

I'm sure be can play the no. 10 role, if Conte instructed him to do so. Plus he's more than capable of dropping deep and supporting the midfield.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You guys want winger because you want players who can take on their direct opponent and run past them, who got speed, and keep it wide.

Tevez lacks speed, can take on his opponent, but cannot get past due to slow pace, he wont keep the play wide and drift inside.

Basically ruining the key elements of a winger formation with Pogba and vidal in the center.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It would be a great idea, if we make a list of the mental and technical requirements for a true winger, that suits conte's system

and then make a list of the qualities tevez has, and where they can be used.

Very quickly, it will be concluded Tevez could make a very interesting cam/ss, and a pretty bad winger.

----Vidal - Pogba

Nani------------Sanchez
-------Tevez

------Llorente

THAT is where you put tevez in a goddamn motherfucking wing based formation of hell

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
It would be a great idea, if we make a list of the mental and technical requirements for a true winger, that suits conte's system

and then make a list of the qualities tevez has, and where they can be used.

Very quickly, it will be concluded Tevez could make a very interesting cam/ss, and a pretty bad winger.

----Vidal - Pogba

Nani------------Sanchez
-------Tevez

------Llorente

THAT is where you put tevez in a goddamn motherfucking wing based formation of hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)