Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I hope people are at least recognizing the amount of talent Nani has before putting him down. From some impressions I get, it looks like people think he's a run of the mill pacey winger, someone like Mertens, Cerci, Gervinho, etc.

His talent level is far above that.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I hope people are at least recognizing the amount of talent Nani has before putting him down. From some impressions I get, it looks like people think he's a run of the mill pacey winger, someone like Mertens, Cerci, Gervinho, etc.

His talent level is far above that.
i agree totaly. its like some here never even watched him and think hes a brainless running chicken. Nani on his best form is probablyone of the best dribbeling players in the world...

- - - Updated - - -

I'd get Nani just for them backflips :touched:
Conte would kill him probably if he gets an injury that way :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He is miles ahead of Isla and is cheap. Thats enoguht excuse to buy him. We wont splash money in the dimarias of the world so thee xcuse of “he will not take us to the next level“ is void, because ANY proper winger will take us to the next level. We simply dont have wingers.
The guy is a bargain! Buy him and let conte do his magic.

We are not yet ready to pay premium money for top wingers, so lets get him and move on.
:shifty: Why are you bringing Isla into this? :D

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He is miles ahead of Isla and is cheap. Thats enoguht excuse to buy him. We wont splash money in the dimarias of the world so thee xcuse of “he will not take us to the next level“ is void, because ANY proper winger will take us to the next level. We simply dont have wingers.
The guy is a bargain! Buy him and let conte do his magic.

We are not yet ready to pay premium money for top wingers, so lets get him and move on.
very true.

Tevez could operate in a wide area also.
And he will if the switch happens. Many here claim Tevez can't play there but it didn't matter for Conte when we played Real. Those same people put Tevez as CF in 433 which will never happen because Conte always uses big and strong CF in 433 (Llorente, Matri, Boriello).

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
And he will if the switch happens. Many here claim Tevez can't play there but it didn't matter for Conte when we played Real. Those same people put Tevez as CF in 433 which will never happen because Conte always uses big and strong CF in 433 (Llorente, Matri, Boriello).
Good and bad points.

Yeah, conte will allways use a big and strong CF in a 433, you are right about that.

No, conte will ONLY use tevez there when we want to hardcounter an opponent, when we are not in possession. When we got the ball, tevez moved around llorente and marchisio operated a bit as a cm/cam.

We didnt actually use wingers when having the ball.

The truth is very simply tbh. Juventus will use a formation that has wingers, AND 2 forwards. 442 and 4231(tevez ss/cam) come into mind.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
very true.

Against real we played a 4-3-2-1 ,when in attack tevez and marchiso were playing behind llorente as forwards and not as wingers , when defending it became a 4-5-1 with tevez and marchisio on the wings. .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Bring back Elia instead
Meet me on the STREET and we'll settle this once and and for all. You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk, on the STREET.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh I can't see why he couldn't. He won't be effective as much of course, but he did play as RWF for City on more than a few occasions. And he can always play little closer to the middle in trident. People around here think that formation is fixed and not flexible for players to find their right place.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Good and bad points.

Yeah, conte will allways use a big and strong CF in a 433, you are right about that.

No, conte will ONLY use tevez there when we want to hardcounter an opponent, when we are not in possession. When we got the ball, tevez moved around llorente and marchisio operated a bit as a cm/cam.

We didnt actually use wingers when having the ball.

The truth is very simply tbh. Juventus will use a formation that has wingers, AND 2 forwards. 442 and 4231(tevez ss/cam) come into mind.
If we didn't renew with Pirlo I'd agree with everything.

Conte won't play 442/4231 because of Pirlo it's simple. Because of Pirlo I can see Tevez being used as winger. Whether we like it or not he won't drop Pirlo nor Tevez and will try to accommodate both along with Llorente and Nani/Sanchez or whoever comes as the new winger.

Against real we played a 4-3-2-1 ,when in attack tevez and marchiso were playing behind llorente as forwards and not as wingers , when defending it became a 4-5-1 with tevez and marchisio on the wings. .
Not necessarily true. Yes both are more central players but they were on the wings quite alot. Those numbers mean little but the fact is that he didn't use Tevez as CF even though we were concentrated on counter attack. He was more wide and that was my point.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
If we didn't renew with Pirlo I'd agree with everything.

Conte won't play 442/4231 because of Pirlo it's simple. Because of Pirlo I can see Tevez being used as winger. Whether we like it or not he won't drop Pirlo nor Tevez and will try to accommodate both along with Llorente and Nani/Sanchez or whoever comes as the new winger.

Not necessarily true. Yes both are more central players but they were on the wings quite alot. Those numbers mean little but the fact is that he didn't use Tevez as CF even though we were concentrated on counter attack. He was more wide and that was my point.
:tup:
Yes wide on the pitch i agree but not high on the pitch like wingers . They were sat deeper is what i meant . real madrid is strong on the wings hence they were played wide to counter that threat .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)