Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm guessing the guys who don't want Nani here are probably the same peeps who didn't want Tevez here either. He's still not old, and easily has at least 3 World Class years left in him, at the very least. Sure, he may not be the highest grade of winger available currently, but we are talking about fucking Nani here, a player who has matched Cr7 or at least come clos, at the height of his powers. How this wouldn't be a good deal sub 10-15m is beyond me.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I'm guessing the guys who don't want Nani here are probably the same peeps who didn't want Tevez here either. He's still not old, and easily has at least 3 World Class years left in him, at the very least. Sure, he may not be the highest grade of winger available currently, but we are talking about $#@!ing Nani here, a player who has matched Cr7 or at least come clos, at the height of his powers. How this wouldn't be a good deal sub 10-15m is beyond me.
Most probably. They don't want him here because he's not a hardworker :lol: We'd be better off with Biabiany because he runs like crazy!

It's crazy people moan about lack of pace and creativity when we play in Europe but then refuse a player like Nani even for 5m.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I'm guessing the guys who don't want Nani here are probably the same peeps who didn't want Tevez here either. He's still not old, and easily has at least 3 World Class years left in him, at the very least.
He's never had a world class year. For the last couple of years he has done absolutely nothing. I see nothing to suggest he's going to suddenly become world class.

Sure, he may not be the highest grade of winger available currently, but we are talking about fucking Nani here, a player who has matched Cr7 or at least come clos, at the height of his powers. How this wouldn't be a good deal sub 10-15m is beyond me.
:wth:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
It's hard to do something when you're almost permanently benched because the club no longer want you as a first team player

And he's had several really good seasons in the past. Yeah, he's been inconsistent but to try and completely deny his talent is just stupid.

Yeah, Nani for 5M would be terrible. No way he's going to get playing time ahead of our other World Class Wingers. Oh, nope I just remembered we're Juventus and not Madrid.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He's never had a world class year. For the last couple of years he has done absolutely nothing. I see nothing to suggest he's going to suddenly become world class.
:
How do you consider the last two years a representation of Nani's ability? Here is a player with the maturity and experience to play in Europe when that's something Juve would currently pay a premium for - not to mention a player who has seen big games on the world and European fronts? Sure, you could fault him for not being entirely consistent, but please don't come here questioning his ability simply because he has been on the bench for two seasons (due to injuries and tactical choices).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

:wth:
At least we know who the new Quag will be on the forum :D

Nani is excellent on his day, but we are really hoping for a large turnaround in his form if he comes here. Maybe he'll just hit the ground running like Gervinho and surprise defenders, but then Krasic did that for about 6 months.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

Nani is excellent on his day, but we are really hoping for a large turnaround in his form if he comes here. Maybe he'll just hit the ground running like Gervinho and surprise defenders, but then Krasic did that for about 6 months.
Are you against this signing? And wtf jaje.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Are you against this signing? And wtf jaje.
Not really against it, because I wouldn't mind a player with these attributes for certain games, but we'd be hoping for a lot. I could see Nani being the type of player who is popular here even when he doesn't play that well, because of his style.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Krasic was the epitome of one dimensional, Nani has made a career out of being unpredictable.

Considering this is Serie A, and defenders AKA wing-backs haven't got a clue when it comes to playing against direct, tricky Wingers. If Nani is properly fit, he could have an immediate impact. Although I expect him to miss a few games at the start of the season whilst he gets to grips with the team.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Krasic was the epitome of one dimensional, Nani has made a career out of being unpredictable.

Considering this is Serie A, and defenders AKA wing-backs haven't got a clue when it comes to playing against direct, tricky Wingers. If Nani is properly fit, he could have an immediate impact. Although I expect him to miss a few games at the start of the season whilst he gets to grips with the team.
We can easily win Serie A three years in a row without Nani. What we need is players who will take us to the next level in Europe. Nani is not one of those players.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
When that silly debate took place it wasnt possible to bring him for a bargain and we had other priorities :wink:
As far as I remember the only real downside considered with Tevez was his attitude and loyalty, taking into account his hiatus with City. Turns out he only really had a problem with them/England. In terms of his ability or character you can't question him. You can definitely question Nani's character, even if I think he does enough work for his role.

When you play for a Conte team it's simple, you do the all round work or you are out. So far we've tried (albeit less talented) wingers who Conte has not liked, because of that. So that's the mark someone like Nani would have to step up to.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009

Noooooooooo not this again :D
I pray to God that this deal falls through. Specially bcuz he's just not that good.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He is miles ahead of Isla and is cheap. Thats enoguht excuse to buy him. We wont splash money in the dimarias of the world so thee xcuse of “he will not take us to the next level“ is void, because ANY proper winger will take us to the next level. We simply dont have wingers.
The guy is a bargain! Buy him and let conte do his magic.

We are not yet ready to pay premium money for top wingers, so lets get him and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)