Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Apparently it's one of the reasons that he was out of favour with Ferguson, and then Moyes. They wanted their wingers to hug the line and track back.
Yes in a 4-4-2 you have to do that. He's not a 4-4-2 winger and we're not going to play 4-4-2.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Nani for 5 million is a steal no matter how you look at it. He is a Portugal international and with a good run of games he can get back to his best.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
I'd rather have Cuadrado, he's played in the Serie A and is younger, but I know that's not happening based on our relationship with those Viola rats..

Jul 20, 2012
Per Di Marzio non è ancora tutto fatto: "La Juve vuole Nani. É interessata a Nani. Lo ha trattato (insieme a Milan e Inter) durante il mercato di gennaio, ma lo United disse no al prestito. Niente da fare. Marotta e Paratici hanno poi mantenuto i contatti con l'entourage del portoghese (uno dei pochi giocatori ad aver lasciato Jorge Mendes come procuratore), senza ancora affondare con il club inglese ma permettendosi di provarci. Questo risulta a me, sia chiaro, dopo aver lavorato durante la giornata sulle indiscrezioni che volevano e vogliono l'affare in dirittura. Ci tengo a ribadirlo, non sono il depositario della verità: mi viene chiesto quello che ci risulta, non voglio offendere nessuno, magari a sbagliare siamo proprio noi. La domenica di sms e telefonate tra Torino e l'Inghilterra ha portato quindi a questo risultato: confermato il gradimento, presto magari ci sarà l'affondo, non è ancora il momento giusto. Deve fare in fretta però la Juve.
GDM saying we are very interested but we have to move fast.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
SKY's DiMarzio confirms the Juve's interest in Nani, he says there were contacts between Juve & Nani's agent but there is no deal yet.
Yes, Juve want Nani. (Dimarzio)

- - - Updated - - -

Redcafe in meltdown mode :lol:
They think " €5 million is a feckin' steal, he's worth at least twice that. Ridiculous. " and after pogba now this we have an insider working for us in man u . :beppe:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Considering the quality and wages of llorente and tevez, we will not bench both if nani comes.

So whatever wing based formation you had in mind, it needs to have tevez and llorente in a central role.

iirc only 442 and 4231 apply

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Considering the quality and wages of llorente and tevez, we will not bench both if nani comes.

So whatever wing based formation you had in mind, it needs to have tevez and llorente in a central role.

But in a 2 man midfield pirlo will be benched , dont know how its going to work out but with nani things are looking more confusing than clear .

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

Perhaps a return to Conte's 4-4-2/4-2-4 formation. This means we need Nani and a top LM.

Imagine Nani and Di Maria on the wings, Vidal - Pogba in the middle and Tevez - Llorente in attack. If that isnt a CHL finalist I dont know what is.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Perhaps a return to Conte's 4-4-2/4-2-4 formation. This means we need Nani and a top LM.

Imagine Nani and Di Maria on the wings, Vidal - Pogba in the middle and Tevez - Llorente in the middle. If that isnt a CHL finalist I dont know what is.
Well, if we could only fund Di Maria right :D

But i agree that it looks good.

With tevez, any 4231 turns into a 442 offensively anyway

Question is what LM we could afford

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yeah, that's not going to happen, which is why we are imagining :D .

Cuadrado would be superb aswell, though he is just from one shelf lower than Di Maria imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)