Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I think, and hope I'm wrong, that if we get him he'd be just a big flop. Nowhere near the space he got in England, in Italy. And even there lately he's been a disappointment.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Is nani a good dribbler ? Just with pace he wont be able to do much like krasic but if he can beat his man then he will have a good time here. He definitely is good in assisting.
This is the reason I want Nani. He's not just pace. He's proven he can play in a possession system before. He's not a one-hit wonder in a counter-attacking team.

The reason I think he can play in a possession system is because firstly, he does have great ball control and dribbling. But most importantly, he can use both feet. When you get into a tight area you have to present the defender with 2 options, not just one. Krasic had only 1 option. Push it with his right foot, to the right side.

This is why I'm so hesitant on Cerci. Firstly, his big season is in a counter-attack team with no defensive responsibilities, but also, he does not have an impressive weak foot.

Nani can push it right but feint and bring it back to his left and still be able to deliver a cross or shot. In terms of actual ability and talent, there will be few if any options that will present themselves at a price that Nani comes at. Is he a risk? Yes. Is it a worthy risk? At 10-12M, absolutely.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
This is the reason I want Nani. He's not just pace. He's proven he can play in a possession system before. He's not a one-hit wonder in a counter-attacking team.

The reason I think he can play in a possession system is because firstly, he does have great ball control and dribbling. But most importantly, he can use both feet. When you get into a tight area you have to present the defender with 2 options, not just one. Krasic had only 1 option. Push it with his right foot, to the right side.

This is why I'm so hesitant on Cerci. Firstly, his big season is in a counter-attack team with no defensive responsibilities, but also, he does not have an impressive weak foot.

Nani can push it right but feint and bring it back to his left and still be able to deliver a cross or shot. In terms of actual ability and talent, there will be few if any options that will present themselves at a price that Nani comes at. Is he a risk? Yes. Is it a worthy risk? At 10-12M, absolutely.

Thanks for explaining.. ive never watched manu that closely .
So if we happen to sign him then we surely need to get another winger it would demand a change of formation ....dont know who else can we get with our limited spending .
Nani is more an out n out winger so a 4-3-3 only but with cerci we can do a 4-3-2-1 ....as he likes to cut in ...maybe thats why we are linked with him ....coz thats the only formation with tevez llorente both playing .

- - - Updated - - -

If he can somehow regain his primeform he's among the best. But that's a big if.
I think he has a big ego , also maybe not as hardworking , i faintly remember reading somewhere he commented that he is better than ronaldo or equally good , something like that.
But under conte it seems everyone is a saint lol

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Also, another point with Nani that I've brought up before is that he's been asked to play as a winger in a 4-4-2 for much of the past 2 seasons. People think that a winger is a winger but they're not all the same. Nani needs to be in a 4-3-3. A 4-4-2 winger is someone like Valencia who runs up and down the flank like a train.

Nani has the capability and the impetus to drift inside to create and finish chances with balls on the ground. He's closer to a SS than a 4-4-2 winger IMO. His usage at Man U has been piss poor for quite a while.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Also, another point with Nani that I've brought up before is that he's been asked to play as a winger in a 4-4-2 for much of the past 2 seasons. People think that a winger is a winger but they're not all the same. Nani needs to be in a 4-3-3. A 4-4-2 winger is someone like Valencia who runs up and down the flank like a train.

Nani has the capability and the impetus to drift inside to create and finish chances with balls on the ground. He's closer to a SS than a 4-4-2 winger IMO. His usage at Man U has been piss poor for quite a while.
:tup: hes a much better player for Portugal (which uses 4-3-3) than he has been for united in the past 2 season.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014

That maybe beacuse in a 4-4-2 you need to contribute more in defense which i doubt nani is interested in...in a 4-3-3 he can attack freely and the rcm will sit deep behind him to protect that side.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

Listen to this guy peeps. He's talking with a lot of sense.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Back in 2012, at the euros, i tought Nani was about as good as Ronaldo for portugal, who were by far the best team in that tournament.

Just sad they are atrocious at penalty's

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Back in 2012, at the euros, i tought Nani was about as good as Ronaldo for portugal, who were by far the best team in that tournament.

Just sad they are atrocious at penalty's
For the NT, IMO, Nani has generally been better than Ronaldo save for the past year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)