Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
common are you seriously saying that gervinho is actually a good player? if we were linked with him any time soon i doubt many would be jumping for joy at the news. Gervinho himself has said that garcia has infused belief back into him which is reflecting his performances, that doesn't mean to say that he is a good player, just a mediocre player playing with self belief again it doesn't mean to say that self belief would be carried through to other clubs as shown with arsenal.

If you ask me the likes of krasic and elia are no worse than gervinho as a player but neither of the former were playing with any real self belief with the exception of krasic' first season under delneri.

it is no secret that nani is awfully inconsistent, any man utd fan will tell you that in fact they would be glad to get rid of him. I just don't believe his inconsistency will be solved at Juve or even in Italy because the defenders are 'poorer'
:lol: Did he want to say that he's a shit player but Garcia turned him out to be great?

For the last time, I'm not making Gervinho a great player. I use him as an example to show how just a decent player can do great (as a winger) in current Serie A. There aren't many wingers around (bar Napoli) and they all do good.

Manchester fans will tell me? Same fans that will tell me how Vidal is unsettled at Juve and how they all expect him to come in the next week?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
2011/12 : 15 goals and 15 assists overall
2010/11: 13 goals and 17 assists
2009/10: 8 goals and 9 assists
2008/09: 10 goals and 4 assists

Was Nani bad recently? Yeah, over the past year or so he has been rather poor.

Does that mean he's a bad player? Far from, he's a good winger and signing him would be great.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
:lol: Did he want to say that he's a shit player but Garcia turned him out to be great?

For the last time, I'm not making Gervinho a great player. I use him as an example to show how just a decent player can do great (as a winger) in current Serie A. There aren't many wingers around (bar Napoli) and they all do good.

Manchester fans will tell me? Same fans that will tell me how Vidal is unsettled at Juve and how they all expect him to come in the next week?
read again i never said that gervinho said that he was a great player, but you cannot deny the fact that garcia has put self belief back into the player as gervinho has said before which is showing in his decent performances this season.

and as i said would gervinho seriously be playing this well for another Italian side simply because you believe Italian defenders are now poorer? again i very much doubt it, the likes of elia and krasic have proven that, and before them quaresma etc...

what does man utd's fans opinion of Vidal open to a move to man utd have to do with their opinions on a player that is already theres? for what it's worth i trust their judgement more so than 2 sentences of opinion written by a non-man utd

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
read again i never said that gervinho said that he was a great player, but you cannot deny the fact that garcia has put self belief back into the player as gervinho has said before which is showing in his decent performances this season.

and as i said would gervinho seriously be playing this well for another Italian side simply because you believe Italian defenders are now poorer? again i very much doubt it, the likes of elia and krasic have proven that, and before them quaresma etc...

what does man utd's fans opinion of Vidal open to a move to man utd have to do with their opinions on a player that is already theres? for what it's worth i trust their judgement more so than 2 sentences of opinion written by a non-man utd
No, you didn't say that. You actually said he's a mediocre player and he's shining because of Garcia only, which is just as laughable as labeling him to be a great player.

I don't care for their opinion. I know at the time he was more effective than Ronaldo there. He was feeding them with assists and he was scoring on regular basis. Just because he didn't do that for a year doesn't mean he was like that ever since he went there. I couldn't care less who you believe more, but maybe you shouldn't judge him at all if you haven't seen his matches before this period of his inconsistency. Even by looking at those numbers you would conclude how useful he was. But whatever, go read what Manchester fans have to say about his previous year, when thread of his is full of hatred, yet ignoring the major and better part of his stay in Manchester when he was a beast.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Does that mean he's a bad player? Far from, he's a good winger and signing him would be great.
not sure where you got those stats from, but i don't remember him scoring 15 goals in 11/12

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/luas-carlos-almeida-da-cunha/4647/

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

You know I'm a stat guy. :tup:

Sign this guy up for peanuts and Conte to turn him into a lethal deadly weapon. SAF missed out on Pogba and not sure what happened to Nani with him fter the last 2 seasons but I'd be pumped if we signed this guy.

hell yes. Give me a winger

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Are the stats between 08-11 not overall, Doozy?
Ya, they all are.

But we also look overall from Alen's thread as well so I posted it. Here's from EPL

2011/12: 8 goals and 10 assists
2010/11: 9 goals and 14 assists
2009/10: 4 goals and 6 assists (he played 10 matches less that season)

You have to be joking if you think that's not impressive for a winger...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
No, you didn't say that. You actually said he's a mediocre player and he's shining because of Garcia only, which is just as laughable as labeling him to be a great player.

I don't care for their opinion. I know at the time he was more effective than Ronaldo there. He was feeding them with assists and he was scoring on regular basis. Just because he didn't do that for a year doesn't mean he was like that ever since he went there. I couldn't care less who you believe more, but maybe you shouldn't judge him at all if you haven't seen his matches before this period of his inconsistency. Even by looking at those numbers you would conclude how useful he was. But whatever, go read what Manchester fans have to say about his previous year, when thread of his is full of hatred, yet ignoring the major and better part of his stay in Manchester when he was a beast.
now you're just putting words into my mouth, where have i actually said that gervinho is a great player because of garcia? i actually said that garcia has put confidence back into a mediocre gervinho that does not even remotely mean that he is now great, just a mediocre player on form but you keep missing my point, do you honestly believe gervinho would perform this well for another Italian club? because i sure as hell don't

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
now you're just putting words into my mouth, where have i actually said that gervinho is a great player because of garcia? i actually said that garcia has put confidence back into a mediocre gervinho that does not even remotely mean that he is now great, just a mediocre player on form but you keep missing my point, do you honestly believe gervinho would perform this well for another Italian club? because i sure as hell don't
I think he would have been useful in Fiorentina and Napoli. The only teams who could use a winger.

You can believe whatever you want but it all goes down to this -- that is your opinion. You can't say you're right and you can't possibly say mine is wrong.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

That's a ridiculous comparison. "Should I care what Dusan tells me about Nani? Same guy who thought Motta was great and Isla would replace Litchsteiner?" See how that looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)