Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
12-13 mils can be more or less discussed even if he is on his last year on the contract. But his wage demand is absurd.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Putting aside the fact that he is on the last year of his contract. Nani who in my opinion is one of the world's top 10 wingers and only 26 years old - I think he is worth EU13m easily. Its a question of whether:

1) He accepts our wage structure (he wants 7m but our top players only get 4-4.5m tops)
2) Whether Conte thinks he will use him regularly and whether he considers a tactical change to a 433 or 4231 or whether Conte using him as a forward in the 352 - because I am not sure his characteristics fit with being a wing back.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'd actually be happy if we signed him because we'd have a GENUINE winger to help us play 4-3-3. Quick, skilful, creative, awesome dribbler, great at taking on players. He'd be amazing here.

Just sucks that we couldn't really fit him in the 3-5-2 unless Conte moulds him into an SS type of player which I don't think suits he's key strengths at all. I also think he wouldn't do well as a WB as he isn't really known for his defensive traits.

For 13M? I'd do it for sure. He's a fucking quality player and still only 26. Best years still infront of him.

C'mon :beppe:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
what worries me is that he will not fit in our 352 like a glove unless great sacrifices from his part are involved.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
pogba-pirlo-vidal + tevez-llorente-nani/di maria on paper is the most complete attack force in the world so hell yeah! :tuttosport:

but between nani and di maria, who's better and who will suit juve better?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ßöмßäяðîëя;4283338 said:
Okay, I hate both of the players, and Greg's right.

There you go. Also, the way he has a likeness to the Portuguese NT is his wife's Portuguese, just like my gal is from the RSA, so I like dem fools!
RSA? She's ZA? Cool. Just make sure she stays away from Oscar Pistorius.

ßöмßäяðîëя;4283346 said:
Competition is weaker?

How is playing the best players from other nations weaker competition?
Dat's right. Not to mention it's absurd to say that such a rule applies to Nani while it does not to Ronaldo, who went 16 months without scoring a goal for the NT (and 2 years for competitive matches) until he broke his duck in the 7-0 thrashing of North Korea in WC 2010.

Apr 12, 2004
Yea, we had a laugh about that when it happened, she initially thought the broad was a dumb bitch for going into a house late unexpected, as being shot by a legal gun owner is about the most likely thing.

Then, when all the facts came out, we both changed our tune.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
The biggest objection people have about Nani is that he will not fit into the 352 so they worry he sits on the bench.

However, the question you have to ask yourself is, is he world class? I think most people would say yes - and do we have a player with his characteristics? No. Therefore sign him depending on wage terms of course.

Conte picks the formation based on the quality of players he has - not the other way around. If Nani is in good form and can tear full backs apart, don't worry, Conte will use him and adapt the formation.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, when they asked conte about the 433, he said: "we don't have the players like Ribery or Robben to play such a formation". That sais it all right there. Conte picks the players then the formation.

I am not "desperate" for the 433 and I think the 352 works rather well. However, unless you have the best players man for man in Europe, you need to have some tactical prowess to adjust play according to the opposition. When teams are successful in pressing our back 3, they cause a lot of problems. Having an "alternative" solution is important. Barca, Bayern and Real Madrid don't really need to adapt much because they can simply impose themselves on any opposition. We don't have that luxury despite having a very good squad.

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009
The biggest objection people have about Nani is that he will not fit into the 352 so they worry he sits on the bench.

However, the question you have to ask yourself is, is he world class? I think most people would say yes - and do we have a player with his characteristics? No. Therefore sign him depending on wage terms of course.

Conte picks the formation based on the quality of players he has - not the other way around. If Nani is in good form and can tear full backs apart, don't worry, Conte will use him and adapt the formation.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, when they asked conte about the 433, he said: "we don't have the players like Ribery or Robben to play such a formation". That sais it all right there. Conte picks the players then the formation.

I am not "desperate" for the 433 and I think the 352 works rather well. However, unless you have the best players man for man in Europe, you need to have some tactical prowess to adjust play according to the opposition. When teams are successful in pressing our back 3, they cause a lot of problems. Having an "alternative" solution is important. Barca, Bayern and Real Madrid don't really need to adapt much because they can simply impose themselves on any opposition. We don't have that luxury despite having a very good squad.
Expanding on that last point, Nani is the sort of player who helps you impose a style on other teams whereas not as tactically serviceable and flexible as other players in our squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)