Luis Nani - Winger - Manchester United (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
This would be a brilliant signing. Once again we could be able to play the 433 when required or try the 424 Conte used to like. It would make for confusing times for our opposition if we can switch seamlessly between the 3 formations with a simple substitution to unbalance them. Also the fact he is 26 means we can see him at his best once Conte gets him back into form. He was worth 4 or 5 times the amount being mentioned for him at one point. I remember when Conte came to Juve the media said he requested Nani for his 424 so it would be beautiful if we take advantage of the cut price.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
It would be a bit disappointing to sign him considering the names we're linked to right now.

But for 10M, you can't go that wrong...

- - - Updated - - -

I'd imagine chiello would play lb, just very defensive. Balances out if we have a very attacking lw
Vucinic/Giovinco - Llorente - Nani

Mar 30, 2006
Well he is different from all the other players we are linked with. I assume we would still sign our "top striker" but we should take advantage of this. Marotta always says he will look for deals and congratulates himself over Barzagli, Pirlo, Pogba and Vidal a fair bit .. Now Llorente. I can see him wanting to bring in a bargain Nani. Also if Conte likes him we might as well.

Huge huge bargain for a top level player who is still young .. we paid 25 million for Amaur and Diego so to get a guy who has won 4 english leagues, the champions league and was manchester's player of the year in 2011 .. it would be amazing.

Juventus deserves players of his caliber and not wingers like Jorge Martinez aka "Malaka" haha

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Nani on his own doesn't excite me, but the chance to revert to the 4-3-3 - with an improved on-paper version of the 11-12 team - does.

10 mil is a steal and perhaps would allow us to capture Jojomon still.
Jojo--Yoyo--Nani could be electric.

I still doubt Conte would want to drop his 3-man defence, and I would hate for Chiello to play out of his best position...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well he is different from all the other players we are linked with. I assume we would still sign our "top striker" but we should take advantage of this. Marotta always says he will look for deals and congratulates himself over Barzagli, Pirlo, Pogba and Vidal a fair bit .. Now Llorente. I can see him wanting to bring in a bargain Nani. Also if Conte likes him we might as well.

Huge huge bargain for a top level player who is still young .. we paid 25 million for Amaur and Diego so to get a guy who has won 4 english leagues, the champions league and was manchester's player of the year in 2011 .. it would be amazing.

Juventus deserves players of his caliber and not wingers like Jorge Martinez aka "Malaka" haha
Isnt malaka some kind of slang or insult in greek ?

brings back memory's of our greek infested Twilight Hammer WoW server.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Nani can play on both wings (is good with both feet) but is primary position is right wing.

I think Nani would be perfect. If Juve did manage to get Jovetic it would be a great 433. I expect we would need to sell Vucinic (to ManU as part of the deal). Nani's valuation is around 15m (given that his contract will run out next summer). Vucinic's is also around 12-15m - almost call it close to an even swap.

If and its a big IF, Marotta can get Jovetic for say 22m + Marrone and sell one of Matri/Quags for 8m and bring in Gabbiadini. Net spend would only be ~15m.

Front 3:

Nani/----------Llorente/-----------Jovetic/
Isla/Pepe-----Matri/Gabbiadini-----Giovinco/Asamoah

Mar 30, 2006
Well Nani would not mean for certain we play 433 but it would give us the option. Out tactics should not be restricted by one player.. and a decent but not top level player like Pepe at that. plus Conte used Marchisio in a 3511 behind the stirker so that would be possible too with nani. If we can get Nani playing regularly and injury free into his form of 2 years ago he will be incredible.

I do like the thoughtof the trident with Vucinic--Llorente--Nani

maybe even the 424 with Vucinic--Jovetic--Llorente--Nani

in 2010/11 and 11/12 Nani was a monster of a player and would produce like 30 goals a season in terms of combined goals and assists

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
When on his day, as Vucinic, this guy is unstopable. The only thing that I don't like about him is his inconsistency. But for 10m I'd say do it. It could add depth to the squad and variables.

- - - Updated - - -

Nani can play on both wings (is good with both feet) but is primary position is right wing.
I like him more of the left. As you say he's good with both feet and still could make good crosses and take off defenders. But when cuting inside he'd have his preferred foot to make stunings ouside-box shoots

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i like the idea...for 10 million it would be a good buy. Isla would be questionable as to whether we'd buy him outright. With Lich and Caceres, available for RB and Nani and a fit inform Pepe with potenitally Giovinco as back up options for the wing in the trident upfront.

BUT, i still think we'll lack that key striker. Llorente isnt a goal scoring machine whe looking at his stats. I cant see the club bringing in Jovetic and Nani, it would one or the either. Not unless Marotta offloads vucinic, quags and matri and gets decent enough cash for the 3 to buy Jovetic or Higuain for that matter.

Nani Higuain jovetic as the trident upfront would be jerk off material.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
i think nani would be signed for champions league.
we could use a 4.2.3.1 formation like this:

buffon
litchsteiner barzagli bonucci chiellini
vidal pirlo
giovinco marchisio nani
llorente

for serie A:

buffon
barzagli bonucci chiellini
litchsteiner vidal pirlo marchisio asamoah (or nani)
llorente vucinic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)