Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (4 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Some of the tactical issues are, but there are deeper rooted problems.

There is a malaise at the club that seems to have swallowed much of the club. You only have to look at the deterioration of someone like Aquilani (or how good a mediocre player like Candreva looked when he joined last season).

Even Buffon and Chiellini seem to be falling into the trap.

The only solution, as far as I can see, is to get a coach with a big, dominant personality and a couple of players with a similarly strong mentality.

Juve used to be okay because they had Buffon, Chiellini, Nedved, Camoranesi, Zanetti, Del Piero and Trezeguet, who could all be trusted.

Now there are pansies like Aquilani meandering around the pitch like lost souls.

People will look at technical ability (as they always do), but getting players with the right mentality is more important.

Who, apart from Del Piero and Chiellini, of the current players will try to take control of a game when things aren't going well?

Melo may be an exception, but most of them just disappear.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I was just thinking about this. We have a few technically gifted players and a coach who knows fuck all for how to get it out of them.

A reasonable alternative might be the workman team: no more primadonnas, no more tolerance for low levels of commitment, and a ridiculous work ethic. Bring in more players who sweat than sell jerseys online.
And you'll end up with a team of Pepes and still finish 7th place.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I see what you mean about players not stepping up. It's like most of them have developed complexes after losing so many matches.

The second something goes against us you can see how low on confidence these players are.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I was just thinking about this. We have a few technically gifted players and a coach who knows fuck all for how to get it out of them.

A reasonable alternative might be the workman team: no more primadonnas, no more tolerance for low levels of commitment, and a ridiculous work ethic. Bring in more players who sweat than sell jerseys online.
We should stop signing technical players because our manager doesn't know how to use them properly? That's insane, all that means is that we definitely need a new manager.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That's how I'd do it.

Anyone who doesn't work very hard and well had better be really fucking good and consistent.

I'm advocating the same policy with Aberdeen because I'm fed up of fancy players who think they are fucking ace and contribute next to nothing most games.

Give me a team of Tacchinardis and Torricellis plus one special player, managed by a good coach.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
That's how I'd do it.

Anyone who doesn't work very hard and well had better be really fucking good and consistent.

I'm advocating the same policy with Aberdeen because I'm fed up of fancy players who think they are fucking ace and contribute next to nothing most games.

Give me a team of Tacchinardis and Torricellis plus one special player, managed by a good coach.
It's hard to showcase skill when everyone else around you can't give proper passes. You need a good balance of both types, and Delneri not knowing how to deal with the technical side of the game means he should get the boot rather than Juve re-building the team to suit his needs.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We should stop signing technical players because our manager doesn't know how to use them properly? That's insane, all that means is that we definitely need a new manager.
We waste technical players under this manager.

That's how I'd do it.

That's pretty much what I'm talking about...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's how I'd do it.

We already have that now, dude. We have a team full of hard workers like Pepe, Krasic, Marchisio, Melo, Motta, Sissoko, De Ceglie, Bonucci, et cetera, who run until their heart's content and that's about it . Add in Molinaro, Poulsen and Caceres from last year. We have seen the results. It's taken us nowhere. And your solution is to replace guys like Aquilani with Palombo, and call it a success?

Unless we buy someone like Tevez who can win games by himself, that's not going to work.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What pisses me off about Del Neri is that he uses a very defensive minded approach when we can't defend to save our lives. I have no problem with a defensive minded approach to the game, in fact I would prefer a sound defensively manager to one who plays more "exciting" football but he doesn't offer this.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We already have that now, dude. We have a team full of hard workers like Pepe, Krasic, Marchisio, Melo, Motta, Sissoko, De Ceglie, Bonucci, et cetera, who run until their heart's content and that's about it . Add in Molinaro, Poulsen and Caceres from last year. We have seen the results. It's taken us nowhere. And your solution is to replace guys like Aquilani with Palombo, and call it a success?

Unless we buy someone like Tevez who can win games by himself, that's not going to work.
I'm not just talking about people who run around all day.

I want players with tactical awareness, a strong personality and, preferably, a nasty streak.

Only Poulsen from those you mention comes close to that.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

This team is rudderless. Not that it has immense talent, but there's some talent there. Enough to do better than 7th place in crappy Serie A, that's for sure.

When you have immense talent, you often don't need much of a coach sometimes. Let the players play on the pitch. In our case, we have a coach that is sucking the oxygen out of the room from our players.

Given that, I'd rather have less talented players and a strong coach who can at least offer direction and strategy (something Del Neri knows nothing about) and players who will execute against that with their faith in him.

There's no faith in Del Neri on this team, and there shouldn't be. There's no faith in themselves either.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It's hard to just bring in players who are gonna be the leaders of the team. The leaders are normally players who have been at the club a while, have some "rank" and seniority. We just have Del Piero, Buffon and Chiellini, I guess. The best we can do is to give them a supporting class of capable (I'm talking technically proficient) players, who aren't pussies. These players will become the dressing room leaders eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)