Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (11 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So its either build a team over a longer time or finish 7th? Milan also have plenty of new players but I dont see them struggling? Excuses, excuses. Marotta brought mediocre players and appointed a mediocre coach to lead them, thats why we suck. It has nothing to do with time and infact, big clubs are expected to sign player who will give you results fast. Teams like Sampdoria need time to build something, but then again, Marotta is stuck in Sampdoria and hasnt really moved on yet.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
None, preferably. Not with Genoa's super mercato, not with a CL-qualifying team who have basically swapped three starting players, not with Sampdoria.
Isn't Milan and Inter our natural competitor? Also, I find a lot of similarities between us and Milan. Milan also had problems for a few years with aging stars and a bunch of shitty players. The difference is that they managed to get off their problems in one season, and they didn't just throw money around to fix their problems as if they were City or Madrid, they actually spent it wisely. Cassano, Ibra, Boateng and van Bommel all cost close to nothing. Why should Marotta ask for longer time? He is leading a big club, Italy's biggest actually, and part of his responsibilities is to build a team that can get results quickly, thats just the nature of a big club.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
May I add the fact that not backing the coach here will cause for a rift in the locker room..We are going to desperately cling to any chance of CL right now..All they can do is back Del Neri for now, at seasons end well it is anyone's guess.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Isn't Milan and Inter our natural competitor?
Not this season.

Also, I find a lot of similarities between us and Milan.
Other than Champions League football, 15 points, their sporting director having worked there for 15 years becoming hugely influential and 17 years of consecutive Serie A football under the second richest man in Italy who doubles as president of the country and capo di tutti capi there is no difference.

Milan also had problems for a few years with aging stars and a bunch of shitty players. The difference is that they managed to get off their problems in one season
They still have the shitty players and ageing stars, just 2-3 less. This isn't the reason they are doing better.

and they didn't just throw money around to fix their problems as if they were City or Madrid, they actually spent it wisely.
Yes, see Galliani reference.

Cassano, Ibra, Boateng and van Bommel all cost close to nothing.
Load of crap, basically. Even discounting fees and some astronomical wages they don't even fully own 2/4 of those players. See second point.

Why should Marotta ask for longer time?
Because he's been here one season. See second point again.

He is leading a big club, Italy's biggest actually,
Yes, with no CL football off the back of a 7th placed finish.

and part of his responsibilities is to build a team that can get results quickly, thats just the nature of a big club.
Expectation might be to get results quickly, doesn't mean we can get them. As if we are in the same boat as other big clubs anyway. The only club anywhere near the same predicament is Liverpool...

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Not this season.

Other than Champions League football, 15 points, their sporting director having worked there for 15 years becoming hugely influential and 17 years of consecutive Serie A football under the second richest man in Italy who doubles as president of the country and capo di tutti capi there is no difference.

They still have the shitty players and ageing stars, just 2-3 less. This isn't the reason they are doing better.

Yes, see Galliani reference.

Load of crap, basically. Even discounting fees and some astronomical wages they don't even fully own 2/4 of those players. See second point.

Because he's been here one season. See second point again.

Yes, with no CL football off the back of a 7th placed finish.

Expectation might be to get results quickly, doesn't mean we can get them. As if we are in the same boat as other big clubs anyway. The only club anywhere near the same predicament is Liverpool...
I'm sorry Jay but all I see is excuses right here and I just basically don't agree with most of the things you just wrote. I think its great that you can keep hope and be optimistic about it but I'm not there at all. Its been way too many mistakes and way too many questionable and weird decisions through out this year.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Call it whatever you will. If you think a stronger, better prepared and stable opponent doing better is an excuse then who am I to argue? There are many facts there, you can disagree if you like. If you don't have faith in Marotta, fair enough. I'm not sure I do to be truthful. What I do have is realism. And what I will contest is stupid comparisons.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No CL and coming off the back of a seventh place finish didn't require 14 new players. And if he had that sort of bandwidth, the results should've been better than last year. But as things stand, we're still in seventh place. Thats not an excuse. It means nothing. Excuses cannot be made for incompetency or not being up to the given task, which wasn't as dire a situation as it is now, mind you.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We are moving to a different argument. Results business, doesn't matter whether there are 2 or 20 players that come in. So we kick him out after one season. Who's the next lucky guy?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

We finished on 55 points in 09-10. I don't agree we are in a worse position in either the standings or the groundwork in place. Nowhere near acceptable because we are not solidly in CL, but not worse.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Isn't Milan and Inter our natural competitor? Also, I find a lot of similarities between us and Milan. Milan also had problems for a few years with aging stars and a bunch of shitty players. The difference is that they managed to get off their problems in one season, and they didn't just throw money around to fix their problems as if they were City or Madrid, they actually spent it wisely. Cassano, Ibra, Boateng and van Bommel all cost close to nothing. Why should Marotta ask for longer time? He is leading a big club, Italy's biggest actually, and part of his responsibilities is to build a team that can get results quickly, thats just the nature of a big club.
At least you have been consistent lately by comaring us to Milan only. Last summer you were comparing us to every team in the league. Keep comparing :tup:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

We finished on 55 points in 09-10. I don't agree we are in a worse position in either the standings or the groundwork in place. Nowhere near acceptable because we are not solidly in CL, but not worse.
We have scored more goals (50) and allowed less (40) than last year which was 48 for, 47 against.

We have conceded less. :weee:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
We are moving to a different argument. Results business, doesn't matter whether there are 2 or 20 players that come in. So we kick him out after one season. Who's the next lucky guy?
Course it does bro. It destabilises the environment when results are the need of the hour. New players need time to gel together. They don't hit the ground running. And it's not just that fourteen new players were brought in. It wasn't that they were world class either. Considering that, more than anything was the need of the hour, seeing the outgoing lot. As for the next lucky guy, I'd go with Sabatini.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Watch out, because you'll get rubbished around here for saying players need time to gel. Of course they do, but results overshadow performances and how a player is fitting in. Finding a way to win is what matters. See my points to Suns regarding signing 'world class' players.

So we sign Sabatini, if he ends up in the same position this time next season what do we do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)