Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (7 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think both Marotta and DN will be here next season, if the team undergoes a complete revamp then we can do well even with Del Neri
We are not going to have a complete revamp, we do not have the money to do so.

Even if we did have a revamp, with Del Neri and Marotta's signings I am not convinced it would be for the best.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
what if the decision to keep DN is purely based on financial reasons.

the people in charge could think that getting a new coach who would say "get rid of the crap players and buy me totally different ones" would be very very very expensive (adding huge transfer fees to the coaches high wage, while just advancing with the DN-project would only need them to buy less players, since those who where already bought or loaned were wanted by the coach in the first place. if you only consider the financial view, than you might have the reason of all this. the people with the money are in charge and not the people who love football

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
"Unfortunately we are getting used to an ugly situation" - Del Piero

I think this says it all, isn't it Del Neri's responsibility to get the players out of this ugly situation? Isn't he the one whos suppose to motivate the players so they can get out of this ugly situation? Obviously the guys are stuck and they need a new leadership to get them on the right track again. Del Neri has failed big time, its time to move on.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not too sure about that. During most of Benitez's time Inter were without almost all their best players (Maicon, Julio Cesar, Samuel, Motta, Cambiasso, Milito, Sneijder etc) and in half of those matches he didn't even have available midfielders, having to play guys like Obi in midfield, plus he was forced to play Biabiany and Coutinho up front. More or less all he had was an excellent Eto'o.
:agree:

Benitez wasn't good with Inter, but this is totally true.

what if the decision to keep DN is purely based on financial reasons.

the people in charge could think that getting a new coach who would say "get rid of the crap players and buy me totally different ones" would be very very very expensive (adding huge transfer fees to the coaches high wage, while just advancing with the DN-project would only need them to buy less players, since those who where already bought or loaned were wanted by the coach in the first place. if you only consider the financial view, than you might have the reason of all this. the people with the money are in charge and not the people who love football
Well, if we're worried about our finances, then fire DN and free up his salary and proceed without a manager, because it's not like we have one now.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
"Unfortunately we are getting used to an ugly situation" - Del Piero

I think this says it all, isn't it Del Neri's responsibility to get the players out of this ugly situation? Isn't he the one whos suppose to motivate the players so they can get out of this ugly situation? Obviously the guys are stuck and they need a new leadership to get them on the right track again. Del Neri has failed big time, its time to move on.
Your disliking of Delneri seems so determined, Suns. I like it.

I can't wait for him to get out, really can't. I'll celebrate like mad.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Also, filling the team with bullshit players and not getting the results will only end up in people getting bored and losing interest in the club which means less revenues.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
7 Juventus 29 11 9 9 43-37 42
8 Fiorentina 29 10 10 9 33-29 40
9 Palermo 29 12 4 13 44-46 40
10 Cagliari 29 11 6 12 35-34 39
11 Bologna 29 11 9 9 32-36 39
12 Genoa 29 10 8 11 28-32 38

And the project continues...

mfdoom

Dec 18, 2010
I think their logic is that getting someone in for 9 games is counterproductive in itself. I tended to agree with that, because I thought our season couldn't really get any worse. But seeing as we could end up in 10th place by the end of the day, action really does need to be taken. Realistically we are going to miss out on the CL , theres 0% chance we'll finish in the top 4 - Delneri has seen to that. Europa League is a nonsense competition, but the money it provides is going to be crucial for our future success and finishing outside the top 7 is just not an option, it almost looks as though we will though...

I'm actually all for firing him now, he's not going to save us from the mess he's created. But if we're going to replace him with a Vialli, Conte or Nedved then it would be counter productive. Whoever comes in now needs to be our manager for next season, and they have to be a big name. These players have to realise that what they do for the rest of the season has an impact on their future and the future of the football team. Unfortunately our options on this front are limited to: Lippi.

Other worldclass managers wont come to us, and certainly wont come to us now. Capello is not coming full stop. Van Gaal is finishing off his season. Ancelotti - ditto (plus he's shit), Trap is too old and too Italian, Hiddink is not interested, Mourinho would never come here...
That leaves us with the next level: Deschamps is in the middle of a CL run and trying to win the French league, Villas-Boas is breaking records, Mazzarri, Spaletti etc are all in jobs and doing well. They wont come right now.

Our only sensible option is Lippi, otherwise we'll be stuck with another mediocre manager on an interim basis, and our dumb board will off them the job FT if they do well. If they dont do well then we wouldnt have solved anything. So its a vicious circle
FORZA Lippi! He can save us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)