Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (11 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jul 28, 2002
Some simple problem dn needs to fix

1. Coach the team to defend like a team in an organised but critically dominant manner. We currently defend in a chaotic panic. This can be amended via practice and tactical training with the TEAM not just the back four. I would be happy if 'we' kept drawing games with a cleansheet as right now a pub team can score against us.

2. Get the midfield ticking with a clear tactical arrangement and a couple of strategy. We currently have either the long ball or give it krasic. We can't break teams down when we cannot play proper football.

3. The strike force are stuck creating chance for themselves. Dp and matri can do this. As could quagmire but players like Toni and iaq need service. The midfield needs to be closer to the forwards.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Why the fuck isn't he fired yet? The board is acting as if its Mourinho or Alex Ferguson leading this team. He's not worth it and its not worth losing more points with him leading this team. Its not like people think: "Hey, its Del Neri, he's a world class coach and he can turn this thing around as he has done so many times before in his amazing career"..
I think their logic is that getting someone in for 9 games is counterproductive in itself. I tended to agree with that, because I thought our season couldn't really get any worse. But seeing as we could end up in 10th place by the end of the day, action really does need to be taken. Realistically we are going to miss out on the CL , theres 0% chance we'll finish in the top 4 - Delneri has seen to that. Europa League is a nonsense competition, but the money it provides is going to be crucial for our future success and finishing outside the top 7 is just not an option, it almost looks as though we will though...

I'm actually all for firing him now, he's not going to save us from the mess he's created. But if we're going to replace him with a Vialli, Conte or Nedved then it would be counter productive. Whoever comes in now needs to be our manager for next season, and they have to be a big name. These players have to realise that what they do for the rest of the season has an impact on their future and the future of the football team. Unfortunately our options on this front are limited to: Lippi.

Other worldclass managers wont come to us, and certainly wont come to us now. Capello is not coming full stop. Van Gaal is finishing off his season. Ancelotti - ditto (plus he's shit), Trap is too old and too Italian, Hiddink is not interested, Mourinho would never come here...
That leaves us with the next level: Deschamps is in the middle of a CL run and trying to win the French league, Villas-Boas is breaking records, Mazzarri, Spaletti etc are all in jobs and doing well. They wont come right now.

Our only sensible option is Lippi, otherwise we'll be stuck with another mediocre manager on an interim basis, and our dumb board will off them the job FT if they do well. If they dont do well then we wouldnt have solved anything. So its a vicious circle

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
You don't need an insane nutjob to sack Delneri. Actually you need one to keep him. We've got one, Marotta but he just talks less to the press.

9 weeks left? Cant wait till this season is over.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Unless Management feel like the players and coach are no longer working I don't think so.

I was thinking last night, these last 9 games could be crucial for our next season if we do badly it will highlight Marotta's and Del Neri's positions and I doubt either will be with us next term.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Benitez did worse with a better Inter team.
I'm not too sure about that. During most of Benitez's time Inter were without almost all their best players (Maicon, Julio Cesar, Samuel, Motta, Cambiasso, Milito, Sneijder etc) and in half of those matches he didn't even have available midfielders, having to play guys like Obi in midfield, plus he was forced to play Biabiany and Coutinho up front. More or less all he had was an excellent Eto'o.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Unless Management feel like the players and coach are no longer working I don't think so.

I was thinking last night, these last 9 games could be crucial for our next season if we do badly it will highlight Marotta's and Del Neri's positions and I doubt either will be with us next term.
Quit misleading people. What makes you think Marotta will not be here next season?
He is staying, stope giving us false hope man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)