Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (7 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
first they said they were going to show the full press conference at 12, then they said 12:30, then at 12:45 they had a 3 minute interview with Marotta

they have turned into inter channel, since the season ended its been all about the CL final

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
'Juve is my biggest challenge'

Thursday 20 May, 2010
Gigi Del Neri believes coaching Juventus represents the biggest challenge of his career so far.

The 59-year-old tactician was officially unveiled to the Press this morning following his move from Sampdoria.

“I would like to once again thank Juventus for the opportunity. I will charge myself with giving the right physiognomy to this team,” Del Neri said.

“I want a compact formation and to get results. I have a difficult job, but we have the desire to do it.

“I will work with the utmost commitment. I want results and the fans to be satisfied.

“I must convince the club that this has been the right decision: Juventus have decided to focus on a staff that has done well in the past.”

When asked to describe how he is feeling, Del Neri said: “When you get the call to coach Juventus it's normal that there is a little emotion on your debut, but I know what I have to do.

“This is an important challenge, the most important of my career. But I have won other challenges. This for me represents the latest stage in my development.

“I lead a winning club. I must re-create a winning mentality to allow Juve to get back to being itself.

“I make my experience available to give a precise identity to the team. I will work hard until the dream of getting back to winning ways becomes reality,” he concluded.

FI...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where did he say, the group did well this season? :shifty:

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
First of all.. Welcome Mr. Luigi Del Neri :) ..

Many of us, myself included, may have wanted a fancier coach with more successes in the his career. Many think that Del Neri will be another Ranieri. But lets face it, we have hit rock bottom this season. It won't be easy to convince a big coach and big players to come to our team because we won't be playing in the CL and we were not even competitive this season.
That is said, Del Neri may not be such a bad deal. This season was all about lack of experience and leadership in the team (among other things). The team started "alright" with Ciro in charge but when the wind hit south, Ferrara did not have the experience nor the resources (one of the DP's injury) to pick the team back up. Ofcourse appointing Zac was a complete waste of time and 350k euros. During the Ranieri days, he might have not had a winning mentality nor was he that creative or adventurous but he did have experience. His experience was covering for many of the flaws of our management. And thats why we managed to finish 3rd and 2nd in the two seasons he coached us.

The next season will be different, hopefully. Marotta is an experienced director an Del Neri is an experienced coach. Both of them are on the same page since both were working well in Sampdoria. But they must know that this is not Sampdoria they are dealing with. They are in charge of the most prestigious club in Italy and the second most competitive team in europe throughout history*

Appointing Andrea to the team will give the fans some ease of mind regarding the commitment Exor have to juventus, nothing more. I am glad Blanc is still with the team. As he did a good job in finance department.

Now its time to rebuild. The season will start soon when the mercato opens. Lets acquire the right players. I don't care if we play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-2-3-1 ..etc Lets build a team that can play 1 main formation and 2 sub-formations very good and you will have a competitive team.

Good luck Marotta
Good luck Del Neri..

Forza Juve..

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
Why does it seem like we have rushed into something again??

The season has just finished, there is a world cup looming.... a little bit of patience and a clear idea of someone with the right experience needed to bring trophies back to Turin is needed. Have we found the right person in Del Neri? I have strong doubts, again. He's done okay at smaller sides and acheived euro finishes but is he really able to step up to the biggest club / challenge of his career?

I hate being pessimistic but it's how I feel about this appointment, how I feel about Juve in general now. Some crucial times for Juve ahead, we've been on a slippery slope and if you don't get off it quickly it will take a long time to come back. If Jose leaves Inter we have a great chance of the title, especially if they employ Rafa. I feel we could have made another crucial error. An experienced world class manager was needed.....

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
or the flip side of that, they want to get to work very early...considering the horror show of a season we've just had, I think it's good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)