Lucio (22 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Why did you have to remind me of that sad season? :mad: :(

He was ok, but Mourinho had the defense playing as a solid unit, and as far as I can recall, Samuel and Chivu, not to mention Zanetti and Maicon in particular were spectacular that season.
Ok is a very stingy rating but I understand that because you hate him. I would say that Messi sucks but everyone knows why. I don't like Lucio either, never liked him and always thought he was the clumsy defender but reality is he is one of the best in the game. Of course he is coming to the end of his career but he is not here as a starter.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 9, 2006
Ok is a very stingy rating but I understand that because you hate him. I would say that Messi sucks but everyone knows why. I don't like Lucio either, never liked him and always thought he was the clumsy defender but reality is he is one of the best in the game. Of course he is coming to the end of his career but he is not here as a starter.
:agree: And he will help a lot to Bonehead and Chiello to lvl up their game in some aspects especially when it comes to interceptions and attack phase

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
:lol: :howler: World class? Maybe in his Bayern days, but even then he was making mistakes. An old and slow Lucio is anything but world class.
i totally see where you are coming from. he has always been a error prone defender, but he was extremely good in the seasons where his clubs or national team won titles.

unsuprisingly those seasons the teams he played for were solid as a unit, and that is where lucio excels. another piece of the puzzle, not a clutch like say chiellini.

to me lucio is like pepe. plays well when the team is in sync as a unit. that's why i think he will do well under conte's system

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He has always been error prone, and his pace, his biggest asset, has deserted him, hence the parallels between this transfer and the return of Cannavaro. Cannavaro was past his prime, as is Lucio. I hope he doesn't start many games, and I'd prefer playing Lichsteiner in a back 3 if injuries hit (once Isla is back), but I have a feeling we'll be seeing Lucio many times this season, and he'll be committing silly mistakes.

@Rus: I rate Samuel and think he is the better defender. Again, stats only tell part of the story. Feel free to keep posting numbers.

Mar 9, 2006
He has always been error prone, and his pace, his biggest asset, has deserted him, hence the parallels between this transfer and the return of Cannavaro. Cannavaro was past his prime, as is Lucio. I hope he doesn't start many games, and I'd prefer playing Lichsteiner in a back 3 if injuries hit (once Isla is back), but I have a feeling we'll be seeing Lucio many times this season, and he'll be committing silly mistakes.

@Rus: I rate Samuel and think he is the better defender. Again, stats only tell part of the story. Feel free to keep posting numbers.
That's the problem, someday you will realise that numbers are saying a lot

Lucio stats 09/10 treble season:
Interceptions per game - 4.4
Tackles per game - 2.5
Clearences per game - 9.1
Fouls per game - 1.3
Blocked shots per game - 0.7

Lucio stats 11/12 horrible season:
Interceptions - 4.1
Tackles - 3.3
Clearences - 9.9
Fouls per game - 0.7
Blocked shots - 0.4

Keep tellin' me that numbers mean nothing

Mar 9, 2006
rusy as a comparison can you post baragli and chiellini past two seasons pls
ok gimme a few minutes

Lucio stats 11/12 (per game):
Interceptions - 4.1
Tackles - 3.3
Clearences - 9.9
Fouls per game - 0.7
Blocked shots - 0.4
Was dribbled - 1

Chiellini stats 11/12:
Interceptions - 3.6
Tackles - 3.1
Clearences - 6.5
Fouls per game - 1.5
Blocked shots - 0.5
Was dribbled - 0.5

Bonucci stats 11/12:
Interceptions - 1.9
Tackles - 2.1
Clearences - 6.1
Fouls per game - 0.6
Blocked shots - 0.7
Was dribbled - 0.6

Barzagli stats 11/12:
Interceptions - 2.6
Tackles - 1.8
Clearences - 5.1
Fouls per game - 0.7
Blocked shots - 0.5
Was dribbled - 0.5

@Lion

"Inter allowed their opponents the fewest attempts from set piece situations in Serie A this season, with 18."
Huge job was done by Lucio last season to help Inter to achieve something but some people are still calling him shit

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I said they tell part of the story, not the full story. Some strikers score 15 goals a season, but they do it in 6-7 games, and go missing for the rest of the season. I'm not denying the accuracy of your stats, or questioning their legitimacy. I'm just saying that Lucio, like Bonnucci, is prone to making grave mistakes/grave errors, ones that are bound to cost us goals.

I'm obviously not his biggest fan, and might be a tad biased, but I don't think he's going to be successful here. Not every transfer can turn into a Barzagli (and even he was quite meh initially).

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Juventino[RUS];3805389 said:
ok gimme a few minutes

Lucio stats 11/12 (per game):
Interceptions - 4.1
Tackles - 3.3
Clearences - 9.9
Fouls per game - 0.7
Blocked shots - 0.4
Was dribbled - 1

Chiellini stats 11/12:
Interceptions - 3.6
Tackles - 3.1
Clearences - 6.5
Fouls per game - 1.5
Blocked shots - 0.5
Was dribbled - 0.5

Bonucci stats 11/12:
Interceptions - 1.9
Tackles - 2.1
Clearences - 6.1
Fouls per game - 0.6
Blocked shots - 0.7
Was dribbled - 0.6

Barzagli stats 11/12:
Interceptions - 2.6
Tackles - 1.8
Clearences - 5.1
Fouls per game - 0.7
Blocked shots - 0.5
Was dribbled - 0.5

@Lion
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)