Lucio: My new challenge (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Lucio has conveyed his delight at becoming part of an “excellent project” at Juventus.
The 34-year-old had several options when news broke of his release from Inter, but believes the challenge on offer in Turin represents a perfect fit.
“I’ve turned over a new leaf,” the giant Brazilian stopper told reporters. “I’m happy and I think it’s an important step as far as my career’s concerned. There’s an excellent project here and I feel it’s important to remain at a high level playing for a great side.”
The defender, who has won a string of national and international honours over the course of his fifteen-year professional career, insists his appetite for victory remains as strong as ever.
“Whenever I put the shirt on I do whatever’s required for my team. It’s my intention to do my very best for Juventus and dedicate myself fully to the cause.”
With the Bianconeri stepping back into the Champions League for the first time since 2009, Antonio Conte will be looking to tap into Lucio’s wealth of experience on Europe’s biggest stage.
“We know it will be tough to play in the Champions League this year, there are always strong teams involved. Having said that, I feel that Juventus are capable of challenging in every competition we’ll face this year. We’re aware of the difficulties that lie ahead, but we must always maintain a winning mentality.”
After linking up with the Bianconeri at their pre-season base yesterday afternoon, Lucio concluded by expressing his determination to hit the ground running.
“It’s important I adapt to the team’s style of play as soon as possible. I will be working over this period to settle in with my team-mates and do what the manager asks me.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)