Lucas Piazon - Midfielder/Forward - Sao Paulo (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I think Zacchareya works for the current board. There is no way he isn't getting paid to defend them at every and any available opportunity, even when it defies logic to do so.
In my eyes, the big problem has been the owners of the team, who didnt defend us, hired wrong people, and are now refusing to give money when we need it.

Del neri has to work with a squad that has been in a horrific depression last year, without fullbacks, without a primapunta thats doing his job, without any forwards at all at the moment actually.
Yet we still managed to get second placed before fatigue and injuries started to get the better of us.
If we had a trezeguet prime and two decent fullbacks today, and we were in the same place, it would be diffrent.

Marotta managed to get krasic and martinez on a fee, and aqua and quag on a loan, without having money. clever reworking the wagebudged enabled him to get the new players.
SO, in the summer, the board basically gave marotta no cash...

Martinez has been injured alot,and comes in a team in a bad period, but he'll show he is worth his price. zidane and nedved werent great in their first season eighter.

at the moment, we got 0 money, thanks to agnelli who doesnt allows it. what can marotta do ?

please tell me, what striker better then toni can you get for free at the moment
what striker can we loan, with the payment for the loan beeing nearly nothing ?
i think you wont find any players.

but marotta doesnt whines in public that he isnt getting money for players like benitez did. He doesnt want to get the public on his hand at make agnelli lose face.
He gets alot of critics from people who know little about these things in result. admirable

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There is no reason to make excuses for Milan and Inter being better then us in South american market, signing brazilian teens isnt a matter of CL or spending power (though we spent alot last years), but more about connections, scouting work and prioritizing talents from that part of the world. We havent at all, they have, its that simple. Especially Inter has been all about talents from all across the world, and with extra focus on south america for a very long time now.
:tup:

No excuses for us whatsoever.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

No excuses for us whatsoever.
Our scouting in South America always sucked, for decades, not with this board only..
juventus never really went into the south american marked because they didnt fit into what we wanted from a player.
We allways were more connected to other country's like for example france, and prefer a high number of italians, while milan and especially inter allways had a large number of foreign players.

Not saying this is a good thing, in a period where italian talent is mediocre, we should invest time and resources in scouting other parts of the world and getting connections there.
Piazon is a good step forward in that regard

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Our main connection to south america was Uruguay. For some reason our niche became 2-3m population country, ignoring the two big footballing giant neighbours Uruguay had.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Our main connection to south america was Uruguay. For some reason our niche became 2-3m population country, ignoring the two big footballing giant neighbours Uruguay had.
Ahh, uruguay, allways reminds me of Montero, a defender with a true winning mentality.
Apart from a few argentine's, those two neighbours just dont make players like that.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
The main reason why the Triade over looked South American talent was because of the Coppa America along with the Argentinian & Brazilian national teams being ever so popular & constantly being booked for friendlies. They just didn't want them to become integral players that had to leave at the most difficult times for a meaningless match.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We missed out on Recoba (say whatever you like, was brilliant talent) despite our focus being only Uruguay, I remember being angry about that lol when I saw his Inter debute.

I wont say Suarez, Forlan or Cavani because by that time, we stopped caring about Uruguay. But initially our only south american focus used to be just them.

Edit: Byrone is right, I remember us having issues with that with Emerson. But thats not a valid reason to ignore a huge talent pool.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
We missed out on Recoba (say whatever you like, was brilliant talent) despite our focus being only Uruguay, I remember being angry about that lol when I saw his Inter debute.

I wont say Suarez, Forlan or Cavani because by that time, we stopped caring about Uruguay. But initially our only south american focus used to be just them.

Edit: Byrone is right, I remember us having issues with that with Emerson. But thats not a valid reason to ignore a huge talent pool.
Recoba was damn exciting to watch, he saved Venezia's ass on so many occasions with his blistering free kicks.He was unlucky to be ousted from inter because of Djorkaeff.

Jun 13, 2007
Juventus is the most successful team in Italy and we didn't need any Brazilians to do that. Our problem now isn't that we don't have enough scouts in South America but that we don't have enough scouts anywhere. Other than Sorensen, I cannot of a single talent that we've scouted from any country recently.

May 22, 2007
@3EBlind, the Icelandic guy. The Romanian goalkeeper.

We missed out on Recoba (say whatever you like, was brilliant talent)
I don't think it is possible to be retarded enough to say he wasn't brilliantly talented.

Uruguay always has a really cool national team (since I started following football), I liked Cáceres. Godín, Cavani, Forlán, Suárez, Muslera, Lugano and of course, El Loco Abreu :cool:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Juventus is the most successful team in Italy and we didn't need any Brazilians to do that. Our problem now isn't that we don't have enough scouts in South America but that we don't have enough scouts anywhere. Other than Sorensen, I cannot of a single talent that we've scouted from any country recently.
I agree with the main part of your post, although Marotta and his team have changed a lot of the scouting network. It wasn't an issue for us when we won every year, but now it is. In a period where we now have one non-EU spot per season it wouldn't be surprising to see more European based scouting anyway, something we have cearly shown with our U18 buys.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)