Luca Toni (1 Viewer)

Lorena

Dec 11, 2010
Btw, the way this transfer happened, and judging by Marotta's and Toni's comments, it looks like this transfer was planned long before yesterday and it has little or nothing to do with Quag's injury.
They were talking about it for long time so I think it would probably happened anyway, considering Quag's injury,it happedned just faster.

May 22, 2007
It still opens some questions. What was the original plan? Play with 5 strikers or sell one of them in January? If we planned to sell a striker, which one and where?
Toni is cheaper than Iaquinta and Amauri, presumably happy to sit on the bench, so we're selling one of those now one in summer and buying a starting striker (maybe Pazzini).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Toni is cheaper than Iaquinta and Amauri, presumably happy to sit on the bench, so we're selling one of those now one in summer and buying a starting striker (maybe Pazzini).
Quag might never be bought, though, so even if we sell both Iaq and Amauri until June (and we buy Pazzo) we will have Toni, Del Piero and Pazzini. We will need to buy 1 more SS, and it will most probably have to be one who'll be considered a starter.
That leaves us with buying a starting SC and SS. It will cost a lot. Then the potential purchase of Aquilani..... I guess the defense will have to wait one more time.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

We should get Mutu.
:agree: Lets rejuvenate his career for the second time.
:shocked:

Has that been officially confirmed?

Still doesn't make it a good deal, but at least it makes sense now.
It doesn't, like Dominic said, this is still adding deadwood which we won't be able to offload if it doesn't work out.
Teams will be terrified of the mobility of Juve's frontline now.
:lol2:
:lol: its funny how the only transfers that go through are the ones we dont want
Yeah, one would think we'd get used to it by now.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
:lol2:
Hey he isn't that bad ;)
Just imagine if he can turns good for us,I'm sure he still has a lot to offer,
Wishing you all the best Toni.
I'd definitely put Amori in the bin or ship him somewhere else if we sign another striker.
ehhehe,i was pissed,im more calm now..i mean,now that he is here,why not wish all the best for him..
our previous number 20 was a special ant,and the fans loved him,who knows maybe Luca will have the fans asking for him to play frequently :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is the start, I can feel it. The Mayans will be correct, 2012 will be the end of the world. Luca Toni at Juve will be followed by Locusts and then grease-loving aliens will invade.

May 22, 2007
Quag might never be bought, though, so even if we sell both Iaq and Amauri until June (and we buy Pazzo) we will have Toni, Del Piero and Pazzini. We will need to buy 1 more SS, and it will most probably have to be one who'll be considered a starter.
That leaves us with buying a starting SC and SS. It will cost a lot. Then the potential purchase of Aquilani..... I guess the defense will have to wait one more time.
I suppose they'll try to fund these purchases with the (little) money we'll get from Iaq and Amauri, but yeah, I think we'll probably keep Quagliarella as well if he is indeed cheaper than 10,5m.

To be fair, if the board was willing to spend €35m or so on the Bosnian at the next possible window, then I suppose Juventus does have money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)