Luca Toni (8 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Marotta should stop acting like he is still in Sampdoria and get us some real perspective players!
He has zero cash what you want him to do with zero cash, bring in quality players? Not have spended 12M on Martinez was the best option but in fairness he's our only SS who can play week in week out when fit, so maybe he's our saviour now..

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
A couple of goals in the next two matches and all the fuss about him will be history. We'll start enjoying his crazy celebration.

Again, I like how everybody is hating this transfer :tup:

Sep 1, 2002
He has zero cash what you want him to do with zero cash, bring in quality players? Not have spended 12M on Martinez was the best option but in fairness he's our only SS who can play week in week out when fit, so maybe he's our saviour now..
And an EU player.

At this price Luca will prove to be a good buy. I hope.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Good point, martinez can be our next quaggy.
if he becomes fit, I trust him with the SS position. DP cant play 90 minutes and the SS position is his natural one. The lad just need to overcome this injury ffs. I've seen enough of Martinez in Catania and he could be a valuable asset right now.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Two solid/good seasons at Fiorentina led to a move to Bayern Munich; he was stellar there during his first year. He has been mediocre, if even that, ever since. He was nothing special before that either. I really didn't see much in him during his Palermo days.
Well, he did 47 in 67 for Fiorentina and 38 in 60 for Bayern...50 in 80 for Palermo. That's beside the point, though. You called him a "has been who never had any potential", the first part is right, but no potential? He had a number of fantastic seasons which would indicate he realized whatever potential he had, no?

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Toni used to be one of the best strikers in Europe, no one can deny that but he isn't really what we need now. I see no logic behind this transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)