Luca Toni (3 Viewers)

Mar 4, 2007
"We lost 4-1 with Germany and 4-1 with Bayern in Milan," Ballack said at a news conference.
"Basically, we've got no chance, have we?"

Ah good times. Thanks for everything Luca and for making our German friends cry.

- - - Updated - - -

A Legend that doesn't get half the praise he deserves. Drogba has nothing on him.
Lol u joking right? :D

- - - Updated - - -

A Legend that doesn't get half the praise he deserves. Drogba has nothing on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
"We lost 4-1 with Germany and 4-1 with Bayern in Milan," Ballack said at a news conference.
"Basically, we've got no chance, have we?"

Ah good times. Thanks for everything Luca and for making our German friends cry.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

no I do rate him higher than Drogba. His goal scoring record is of a much higher level than Drogba. Drogba's best ability was showing up in big games in the CL and was a beast in build up play but was otherwise not a very prolific goal scorer. Check his stats and you'll be shocked by his goal scoring tallies.

Toni for me was definitely a better goal scorer and unlike Drogba with the national team, he did win with Italy. The only problem with Toni's career was that he never played for top teams long enough. Had he been a Bayern player for the most part of his career, he'd have been scoring 25+ goals every season

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Yes he is however i rank Drogba as one of the most imposing forwards of his generation.Just for his pure all-round ability i obviously rate him much higher than Toni.

May 22, 2007
Yes he is however i rank Drogba as one of the most imposing forwards of his generation.Just for his pure all-round ability i obviously rate him much higher than Toni.
Drogba had a lot more opportunity than Toni, probably thanks to Luca peaking later (and the Van Gaal bust up ruined his best chance with a big team). I don't think its a significant gap either way, but Drogba did 'get away' with scoring a poor number of league goals for a few of years.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Drogba peaked pretty late as well, he had one season at Marseille at 25/26, before that he was no one. I think Drogba's best is higher than Toni's but his overall contribution for his main team (Chelsea) boils down to essentially two excellent seasons.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Drogba is a far better player. He can change a game on his own and get past 5 players. Toni needs players around him.

Totally different players anyway, can't really compare. But when it comes to the talent and quality I'd easily pick Drogba.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Drogba peaked pretty late as well, he had one season at Marseille at 25/26, before that he was no one. I think Drogba's best is higher than Toni's but his overall contribution for his main team (Chelsea) boils down to essentially two excellent seasons.
At 34 when he was barely scoring,he even dragged his team to CL victory(and FA Cup).They wouldnt have won it without him imo.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
At 34 when he was barely scoring,he even dragged his team to CL victory(and FA Cup).They wouldnt have won it without him imo.
He was a much better 'cup player' than over a season, or maybe that should be a 'player for an occasion'. He always seemed to do it in Europe.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Drogba was shite, if he still plays then he still is shite!

All you fan boys need to start a Drogba thread and go praise him there as much as you can.

--

At least you should get the fuck out of Toni's thread with all that bullshit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)