Luca Toni (46 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muccioli

Mar 17, 2007
we should see the start of a new era this year with juve,having young talented players that want to prove what theyre made of and can last at least 5 years each....toni is a 30 year old player he is just going downhill from now on....just look toni this year in comparison to last year hes become worse

Jan 7, 2007
we should see the start of a new era this year with juve,having young talented players that want to prove what theyre made of and can last at least 5 years each....toni is a 30 year old player he is just going downhill from now on....just look toni this year in comparison to last year hes become worse
Well, we may have to look elsewhere. I think huntelaar is EPL bound. Unless Juve want to get in a major bidding war.

Jan 7, 2007
i think huntelaar is just the player we need if juve needs to bid a whole bunch of money to get him, they should because hes worth it
Well, this leads me back to where we started. If we are spending all this money on a striker, a young one at that, then Trez will most definately be gone.

Huntelaar will not come cheaply. He may be good, but we already have a lot of good young strikers. Palladino will be ready next year. ADP will most likely play at a reduced role. I think we could use some experience up front if we plan on competing for the scudetto imo.

Jan 7, 2007
i think mark is probably wright on this one getting toni would be also a mess due to the latest news ive heard inter is also very interested on him
Who knows what to believe in the media. Every day we hear Milan is going to get Ronaldihno. So of course, Inter wants to beef up their roster as well, especially if they lose Adriano.

Juve may not get Toni, but I think they are crazy if they don't persue him because I sure don't want to see him on Inter. If anything, Juve can drive his price very high and make another team pay big time.

muccioli

Mar 17, 2007
Well, this leads me back to where we started. If we are spending all this money on a striker, a young one at that, then Trez will most definately be gone.

Huntelaar will not come cheaply. He may be good, but we already have a lot of good young strikers. Palladino will be ready next year. ADP will most likely play at a reduced role. I think we could use some experience up front if we plan on competing for the scudetto imo.
i would love to see huntelaar and palladino playing together in the attack...the next roberto baggio and the next marco van basten playing together....wow sounds amazing to me

Jan 7, 2007
i would love to see huntelaar and palladino playing together in the attack...the next roberto baggio and the next marco van basten playing together....wow sounds amazing to me
That would be very awesome :)

I would love to see Huntelaar here, but I'm not crazy about the prospects of bidding against a team like Man U or Chelsea for his rights. He is really being hyped up (for good reason too), but he could end up costing more than Toni just because of the potential he has.

I am all for bringing in young talent, but we shouldn't break the bank for someone who is still unproven.

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
if 30 is old than tell that to del piero and nedved.
if trez leaves toni would be the perfect replacement, not obviously for the long run but we need expireinced players for next season. Both toni and huntelaar would be gr8 for us.

Jul 24, 2006
Toni to Inter..? Who cares man.
This guy is OLD - don't care how good he IS he will fade in 2-3 years maximum.

In our current financial state we need value for money; either in years of excellent play or future transfer value. Toni represents neither, overpriced and soon over-the-hill.

MAYbe if Juve were in Champs League next year for sure he would be enough guaranteed goals in Serie A to make him a shrewd buy but we fight on only one front next year and the younger players need to be blooded.. (hopefully Palla and Hunter!)

muccioli

Mar 17, 2007
if 30 is old than tell that to del piero and nedved.
if trez leaves toni would be the perfect replacement, not obviously for the long run but we need expireinced players for next season. Both toni and huntelaar would be gr8 for us.
whats the point on selling trez and bringing toni????theyre both 30 and they are both great attackers....if we are about to sell trez and buy toni i will rather have trez than toni

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
That's a bad way to look at it

If clubs think this way, Trez will be sold for nothing
Trezeguet has been a lethal finisher for years.Toni hasnt.I think he even almost quit football at a time.I havent really followed Toni's career,but to my knowledge he's had an average career,and has only been great in the last few years.

Jul 23, 2006
Trezeguet has been a lethal finisher for years.Toni hasnt.I think he even almost quit football at a time.I havent really followed Toni's career,but to my knowledge he's had an average career,and has only been great in the last few years.
True
But Trez will be sold for nothing IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)