Luca Toni (104 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Mateja Kezman was on a scoring frenzy too when he was playing for PSV and look where he is now. Dutch league has crappy defenders.... Huntelaar needs to prove he can score in a stronger league.

so? Nisterlrooy played in the dutch league as well. Is he not world class? Man U took him and he was a beast for them.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
so? Nisterlrooy played in the dutch league as well. Is he not world class? Man U took him and he was a beast for them.
Did I say anything about Van Nistelrooy ? I just said being perfect in Dutch league doesn´t mean being perfect everywhere. There are examples of that and on the other side there are examples of players who suceeded outside Holland like Romario, Ronaldo, The Horse etc.

My point is that Huntelaar needs to prove himself in other league before he could be called the next Van Basten.

thats why he needs to come to italy and prove what hes made of
:agree:

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Mateja Kezman was on a scoring frenzy too when he was playing for PSV and look where he is now. Dutch league has crappy defenders.... Huntelaar needs to prove he can score in a stronger league.
Kezman struggled at Chelsea, so did Mutu, so did Crespo, so IS Sheva, it doesn't mean they are poor players, just not suited to the EPL, & more specificaly Jose's system at Chelsea. The latter 3 have all proved themselves to be world class players in serie A. We should give Huntelaar that chance, but perhaps not as a replacement for Trezeguet, for the risks & reasons you so rightly point out. Hope your point on crappy defenders doesn't prove true in Grygera's case! ;)

thats why he needs to come to italy and prove what hes made of
My point is that Huntelaar needs to prove himself in other league before he could be called the next Van Basten.
:agree: :agree: :agree:

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I really don't know what to believe anymore:

Fiorentina rubbish Toni rumour Monday 26 March, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiorentina and Luca Toni have emphatically denied that they are preparing to split at the end of the season.

The Italian international was, according to La Gazzetta delllo Sport, all set to leave Tuscany during the summer.

But the Serie A side and the player himself have issued a joint statement this evening insisting that today’s latest rumour was untrue.

“Fiorentina, in agreement with Luca Toni, categorically deny the stories which appeared in a newspaper today claiming that we have discussed contractual issues,” read an official note.

“From now until the end of the season, any reports relating to the future of Toni should be considered as without foundation.”

The former Brescia man has been linked with a move for some time and the Gazzetta was adamant that a transfer was on the horizon.

The deeply respected publication claimed that he wanted to double his salary by joining one of the big clubs, with Juventus said to be in a prime position to swoop.

It added that Toni, who earns around £1.1m a season, had put up his house for sale and had already told his teammates that he would be leaving.

The World Cup winner, currently on Azzurri duty ahead of the Scotland tie, was wanted by Inter last summer after netting 31 top-flight goals in 2005-06.

Toni’s current contract with the Viola runs until June 2009.

May 25, 2006
Fiorentina is up for Bianchi if Toni goes to Juventus. The Viola are very interested in the Reggina young striker as Toni appears to be on the move with Juventus planning a swoop for the towering Azzurri striker.

-- Goal.com
SI.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I say sign one or two of these strikers: gilardino, Toni, klose, huntelaar, Rossi,pazzini, robinho,David Villa, Torres .
Gilardino- Italian great striker said hes a juve fan, quick intelligent and a great shooter, plus hes young i think 24? His downside would be hes a terrible diver, he is in and out of form and he might not adjust well to juve.
Toni-Italian he wants to leave florence, he claims to like juve, hes tall and a goalscoring machine(which is what we need), he can easily muscle defenders out of his way and he seems to have a natural affinity for being in the right place at the right time. His downside is his age 30.
Klose- very quick and lately hes been an excelent dribbler hes also been setting up his teamates a little more lately, and hes a great striker. downside hes gotten interest from alot of big teams and so he 'll probly want a huge salary hes not to old but hes not young 29.

Huntelaar-i typically dont watch ajax play but from what ive heard and recenlty seen hes been an excellent striker with some unpredictable moves and great skills
hes a young player and he could learn from the best at juve. Downside young strikers are always unpredictable at a new club especially in a new league, hes been a good player but buying him could be a risk as hes not a fully provden player
Rossi-Giuseppe Rossi could be an excellent choice and i personally love this idea, hes a great striker and has shown real potential and is barely 20, he has also adapted well to the serie A very quickly and has done well with a shitty team like parma. His only downside is he could be really expensive if he starts playing well this season and he might draw attention also like all young players he is not yet tried and true.
Pazzini-His upsides are alot like Rossi except he seems like more of a deep lying striker then Rossi, these two could make a great young pairing for juve and he also has Serie A experience with fiorentina. Downside is the same as rossi with his lack of experience and maybe a high pricetag if he draws interest.
Robinho- many people seem to like robinho as his a young and interesting striker. He played very well in the past yet sadly has been in poor form with real madrid. I have never been a fan of brazilians except kaka, and i dont want to see him or many other brazilians at juve, yet i am open to him and i think he could prove me wrong.
Torres- fernando torres is an excellent young striker and he has so far been loyal to athletico madrid. He has the talent and is young yet on the downside he already denied other big clubs and would be incredibly difficult to sign, he also has no serie A experience.
David Villa- I know he hasnt been linked with juve yet he is one of my personal favorites, i root for him and valencia every week to steal the spanish title from barca or madrid, hes an awesome striker to watch and would be well worth his major price tag, our captain might even have a little competition for set pieces from this excellent striker, its to bad theres very low likelyhood of him coming here he is an excellent young player.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I would rather we took Bianchi.

It's better for the longer term.

That said, I'd rather we took at Klose.

Over the really long term, now is the time to move for Krisztian NEMETH, the 17 year old MTK Budapest striker to replace David Trezeguet, with whom he has been likened, by Hungarian national coach Peter Varhidi.

Imagine a 4-4-2 in 2008/2009 with Palladino and Nemeth as the strikers. A mouthwatering prospect.

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #573
    We want Toni together with Trezeguet :confused:. Not really liking that, these two together would never work properly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)