Luca Toni (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Like Secco said: “We are working on finding a centre-forward up to his standard, even if it is not at all easy to replace someone like David. Our preference, not only for the striker role, is to go for Italian players. Luca Toni will not come, though. He said he’s happy in Florence and we respect his wishes.”
I hope he stays in Florence :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Toni to Inter. I hope he stays at Fiorentina. Inter would look pretty tough with Toni and Ibrahimovic in the same attacking unit. Inter is really splurging, perhaps our shadow is starting to appear.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Toni to Inter. I hope he stays at Fiorentina. Inter would look pretty tough with Toni and Ibrahimovic in the same attacking unit. Inter is really splurging, perhaps our shadow is starting to appear.
I think Toni has reached his peak. he'll be 31 next season!
We cant afford paying a lot of money for an old player. we should look for the future.we better get Huntelar

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Toni set for Inter?
Monday 19 March, 2007

Luca Toni might join Inter in a summer swap deal including Adriano, according to the latest reports in Italy.

The Fiorentina striker was already paired with a move to the San Siro outfit last summer, after he openly declared that he was keen on immediately competing for the Champions League and Scudetto

Rumours claim that last year’s Capocannoniere was promised by Viola President Andrea Della Valle that he would be allowed to leave if he helped Fiorentina stay in Serie A after their Calciopoli punishment.

The Nerazzurri are close to securing their Scudetto win, after increasing the lead over Roma to 18 points, and have now started to plan their market moves in view of next season.

Hernan Crespo is now expected to return to Chelsea in June due to a clause in his loan deal and Inter are therefore looking for a new striker.

The Gigliati value Toni at £14m, but the Viola might also accept a lower amount of money if a replacement were to be included in the deal, with Adriano the most likely candidate.

The Brazilian had regained the club’s trust, but has again disappointed Coach Roberto Mancini with his behaviour off the pitch and might be close to leaving the Beneamati.

Della Valle has admitted that Toni’s future is far from being certain, although he preferred to postpone all talks to the end of the season.

“I don’t want to talk about Toni before the end of the term,” stated the Viola patron. “We still have a few months ahead of us before we need to do so.”

The World Cup winner has formed a prolific partnership with Adrian Mutu, scoring a combined total of 28 goals so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd rather keep Trez but I don't like the idea of him going to Inter, not at all.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Luca Toni zegt Fiorentina vaarwel

Trekt Luca Toni straks naar Juventus?

Luca Toni heeft beslist om na dit seizoen Fiorentina te verlaten. Toni scoorde vorig seizoen 31 keer. Hij wil nu naar een Italiaanse topclub verhuizen en zijn salaris verdubbelen. De grootste kanshebber is volgens 'Gazetta dello Sport' Juventus.
Toni heeft nog een contract tot 2009 bij Fiorentina. Hij zou echter zijn ploegmaats al hebben ingelicht dat hij Firenze wil verlaten en heeft ook zijn huis al te koop gezet.

Dit seizoen scoorde de 29-jarige spits al 15 keer. Daarmee staat hij in de topschutterstand op de tweede plaats achter Totti, die al 18 keer raak trof.

belgiumsoccer.be
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to this article, Toni wants to leave Fiorentina.
He wants to move to an Italian topclub and double his wage.
According to the Gazetta dello Sport, Juventus would be the club closest to getting him.
He still has a contract until 2009 at Fiorentina but he has already told his teammates that he wants out, and his house is placed for sale.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe someone can find the Italian article from gazetta.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Luca Toni zegt Fiorentina vaarwel

Trekt Luca Toni straks naar Juventus?

Luca Toni heeft beslist om na dit seizoen Fiorentina te verlaten. Toni scoorde vorig seizoen 31 keer. Hij wil nu naar een Italiaanse topclub verhuizen en zijn salaris verdubbelen. De grootste kanshebber is volgens 'Gazetta dello Sport' Juventus.
Toni heeft nog een contract tot 2009 bij Fiorentina. Hij zou echter zijn ploegmaats al hebben ingelicht dat hij Firenze wil verlaten en heeft ook zijn huis al te koop gezet.

Dit seizoen scoorde de 29-jarige spits al 15 keer. Daarmee staat hij in de topschutterstand op de tweede plaats achter Totti, die al 18 keer raak trof.

belgiumsoccer.be
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to this article, Toni wants to leave Fiorentina.
He wants to move to an Italian topclub and double his wage.
According to the Gazetta dello Sport, Juventus would be the club closest to getting him.
He still has a contract until 2009 at Fiorentina but he has already told his teammates that he wants out, and his house is placed for sale.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe someone can find the Italian article from gazetta.
I would love Toni to play for Juventus. But, if Trezeguet stays we will not need him. Trez, Toni and Huntelaar seems like a logjam of amazing skill.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He can go where the wind takes him as i know big heavy strikers dont go to deep into there 30's till the knees cant take it no more!
:agree:

Toni will be a waste of money for whoever signs him. The guy probably only has two more seasons at the top level at most.

muccioli

Mar 17, 2007
huntelaar scored 33 goals las season with ajax i dont know what are we waiting for...only world class players score that much in a season....lets just forget toni i am not saying he is a bad player in fact he is a great foward but his time limit is almost over

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Mateja Kezman was on a scoring frenzy too when he was playing for PSV and look where he is now. Dutch league has crappy defenders.... Huntelaar needs to prove he can score in a stronger league.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I haven't seen a great deal of Huntelaar but his goal scoring record is impressive despite the league he is in.

I would like to know i he is scoring heaps of goals because he takes a high percentage of his chances or if it is because he is getting 5 clear chances in every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)