Luca Toni (86 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 28, 2002
Pizza boy would be usefull as he is on a free, but i wouldnt imho go for Amauri as he hasnt been a consistant performer.

Bianchi i am also sceptical about. Klose and Toni imho would do a top notch job.

Jan 7, 2007
I find this whole discussion extremely obsurd. Trezeguet is an excellent striker and fits into the Juventus system very well. Gilardino is a good striker who is trying to reach his potential. And Luca Toni is one of the top 3 strikers in the world. I can only think of Thierry Henry and I even have my doubts on him, when I think of a possibly better striker.

Toni is clearly a better striker. No one can match what he brings to the pitch. He fit excellently in Lippi's Italy team. Came back to the Italy squad when Donadoni took over and immediately made a huge impact. He does more than just score the most goals in the toughest league to score goals EVERY YEAR. He controls the opposing defense and sets up huge free kick opportunities by frustrating defenders into hacking at him.

He scores, creates plays, and moves extremely well off the ball. He has a lot more ability than people give him credit for. He plays and moves all over the box and drops back to a good depth as well. If this is a who is better discussion, unless you are completely biased, this should be a quick debate. If this is a: do we bring him along side Trez next year or Swap one for the other, then this debate has validity.

But, there is no question who is the best striker out of the bunch. The guy is amazing and is truly a one of a kind type of player. He is everything you could want in a striker, especially when considering that if he played at Juventus, he would play with Del Piero who could be the perfect couter-part for Toni.

It all comes down to Juventus' funds.
Finally.... someone who knows what they are talking about. :agree:

Durden

May 11, 2006
I agree that he's a great player - one of the best in the world. But I still think he's to expensive for his age.. I think we should look at some younger talented players we can build a new team around. Players who can grow for a year or two under Nedved and Del P, and then take over.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I agree that he's a great player - one of the best in the world. But I still think he's to expensive for his age.. I think we should look at some younger talented players we can build a new team around. Players who can grow for a year or two under Nedved and Del P, and then take over.
I agree to some extent. But, if we think that we are going to be competetive next year with Del Piero and Nedved as our only true leaders, we are going to be in a heap of trouble. If Trezeguet stays, we should pick up a cheap backup or a youngster. If he leaves, it would be nice to replace him with Toni.

Durden

May 11, 2006
I agree to some extent. But, if we think that we are going to be competetive next year with Del Piero and Nedved as our only true leaders, we are going to be in a heap of trouble. If Trezeguet stays, we should pick up a cheap backup or a youngster. If he leaves, it would be nice to replace him with Toni.
Well if Trez leaves it would be VERY nice to replace him with Toni, so I totally agree with that. I just think we should stick with Trez next season.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Just on the subjest of useful strikers and players, I would not mind David Suazo as he must be 1 of the more underrated players in the league as he should be plying his trade at a much better club than Calgliari. He is very quick , powerful and scores goals. I hear Deco wants to leave Barcelona, i would not mind if we tried to test if he can come here as we really need creative quality. Quality defensive midfielders seem to be growing on trees in Argentina, so it would make sense for someone on our board to go there and check out talents over there. I have said before that i think Gaby Milito is a quality central defender, sevilla have some interesting players but their stock has risen so we might not pay value ofr money

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Yeah, Deco wants to leave and it seems that Barcelona will allow him to leave for 12.5 million €. That´s a really good price if we want to bring a good, creative midfielder.

Agreed on the Suazo, but Inter want him badly and it seems he will choose them since Crespo will return to Chelsea. Inter are aslo trying to get rid of Adriano ad Samuel by offering them to Barcelona in exchange for Messi.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:agree:

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
World champion and 2005-06 Golden Boot winner Luca Toni could be the perfect substitute for the departing Pizarro.

The Fiorentina management looks quite adamant on Toni’s stay under Brunelleschi dome, even though sporting director Corvino a few days ago said that “they will see what will happen with him”.

But in Germany sports media are pretty sure his next destination could be Munich...
Toni is reportedly to be target number one for the Bavarian team, as Peruvian striker Claudio Pizarro’s contract is expiring in the summer and he doesn’t seem pretty keen to renew with Bayern.

Ambitious Juventus are also tipped to be tracking the Viola’s lanky striker, especially if Trezeguet should leave Turin.
Toni was Serie A top scorer last season with 31 goals – a feat that assured him the European Golden Boot trophy.
In the current season Toni and Mutu’s combined tally of 28 goals makes theirs the most prolific striking partnership in Serie A.

Goal.com

ADiGATi0N

Dec 2, 2006
Toni Flattered By Juve Interest

The Fiorentina strike will however meet up with the Della Valle at the end of the season to discuss his contract renewal.

Toni is pleased with the interest shown by the Bianconeri in signing him up, but he doesn't want these rumours to distract him from the last part of the season.

"It's nice that important clubs talk well about me. I don't know how much truth there is, but to avoid any confusion around me, I spoke with the Della Valle family and we decided to meet up at the end of the season to talk about the extension.

"They managed to lead the team in just a few years from Serie C2 up till the top, confirming that there is a project here, a great coach and an interesting future.

"I don't know if from 2010 Fiorentina will manage to fight for the Scudetto, it will be the Delle Valle who will decide how and the amount to invest, but obviously to improve further we still need important players," warned the Italian international striker.

goal

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Like Secco said: “We are working on finding a centre-forward up to his standard, even if it is not at all easy to replace someone like David. Our preference, not only for the striker role, is to go for Italian players. Luca Toni will not come, though. He said he’s happy in Florence and we respect his wishes.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)