Luca Toni (72 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
You guys do not think we need a support striker and a creative midfielder as well? I love Dp as much as anybody but I honestly cannot see him coping consistently in serieA, he would definitely need bench times and we surely cannot rely on an ever aging Nedved to provide ammunition at a higher level than serieB on a consistent basis
:agree:
I said before that we need a creative midfielder, not only a defensive one.
As for the support striker, I think Bojinov is good solution for next season if he decides to stay and also if we buy his other half!
what do you think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Matteo4Azzurri

Jan 7, 2007
You guys do not think we need a support striker and a creative midfielder as well? I love Dp as much as anybody but I honestly cannot see him coping consistently in serieA, he would definitely need bench times and we surely cannot rely on an ever aging Nedved to provide ammunition at a higher level than serieB on a consistent basis
Totally agree. I hope the address this in the offseason :agree:

Matteo4Azzurri

Jan 7, 2007
Personally, I don´t like him and everybody is entitled to their opinion. I know he is a class striker and I cannot deny it, but I simply don´t like that kind of strikers.

Now, the true reason for objecting to Toni is you. You know why?? Because you were disrespecting Trezeguet and ignored his contribution to Juventus while you know he is the best foreign striker we have ever had (number of his goals confirm that).

The second reason is your bias towards Italian players. If you had the chance you would sell Trezeguet and bring Toni without thinking and rational reasons to get rid of Trezegol. Think about it. Trezeguet lacks motivation in Serie B and that is perfectly reasonable for a player that is ussed to play on the highest levels and he is good at doing that. As soon as we get back to Serie A and hopefully build a competitive team, Trezeguet will start scoring goals again.

Another thing, Trezeguet was forced to stay, he was blocked to leave but with some moaning he accepted that decision after all and he commited to stay next season because of his excellent relationships with team-mates.
So this is more of a personal grudge with me more than anything else, eh? That's fine I guess.

Toni will make alot of people say "Trezawho?" should he find his way here next season.

Jul 28, 2002
Id take Gila over Toni on two counts, Gila is younger and we havent seen the full potential of this kid yet. If we could get him to regain his form who would be of far great threat than Toni, largely due to his greater mobility.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Toni will make alot of people say "Trezawho?" should he find his way here next season.
There, you see how arrogant and ungrateful you are. Luca Toni can find his ways in Fiorentina.

Id take Gila over Toni on two counts, Gila is younger and we havent seen the full potential of this kid yet. If we could get him to regain his form who would be of far great threat than Toni, largely due to his greater mobility.
:agree: Toni is handicaped.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I would have to respectfully disagree. First of all Toni imo is a far better all round player than Gilardino. Gilardino like Inzaghi is way too streaky for me, goals in batches and then nothing for 3 months. As for how old a player is, that statement or phrase is becoming way to overvalued for reasons that I have noticed. Some players peak very early and just plod along for the rest of theri careers. Lets be honest Dp peaked at 24 as did Fowler, Ronaldo , the same. Raul peaked at 26,Owen peaked at 21. Ronaldinho has peaked it seems. Some players , is not that they have peaked but they just do not seem to get better even if potentially they look like they should like Rooney for instance, he has not improved in my eyes from euro 2004, Joaquin has not moved forward from wc 2002. So a player might be younger but it does not mean he will get better with age and personally I just do not know with Gilardino, sometimes he looks so awful its untrue, he does work hard though but Toni is probably the hardest working number 9 in Italian football. AS for his mobility, he is not exactly quick is he and Toni is no slouch either

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I would have to respectfully disagree. First of all Toni imo is a far better all round player than Gilardino. Gilardino like Inzaghi is way too streaky for me, goals in batches and then nothing for 3 months. As for how old a player is, that statement or phrase is becoming way to overvalued for reasons that I have noticed. Some players peak very early and just plod along for the rest of theri careers. Lets be honest Dp peaked at 24 as did Fowler, Ronaldo , the same. Raul peaked at 26,Owen peaked at 21. Ronaldinho has peaked it seems. Some players , is not that they have peaked but they just do not seem to get better even if potentially they look like they should like Rooney for instance, he has not improved in my eyes from euro 2004, Joaquin has not moved forward from wc 2002. So a player might be younger but it does not mean he will get better with age and personally I just do not know with Gilardino, sometimes he looks so awful its untrue, he does work hard though but Toni is probably the hardest working number 9 in Italian football. AS for his mobility, he is not exactly quick is he and Toni is no slouch either
I agree 100% with that viewpoint. :tup:

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I find this whole discussion extremely obsurd. Trezeguet is an excellent striker and fits into the Juventus system very well. Gilardino is a good striker who is trying to reach his potential. And Luca Toni is one of the top 3 strikers in the world. I can only think of Thierry Henry and I even have my doubts on him, when I think of a possibly better striker.

Toni is clearly a better striker. No one can match what he brings to the pitch. He fit excellently in Lippi's Italy team. Came back to the Italy squad when Donadoni took over and immediately made a huge impact. He does more than just score the most goals in the toughest league to score goals EVERY YEAR. He controls the opposing defense and sets up huge free kick opportunities by frustrating defenders into hacking at him.

He scores, creates plays, and moves extremely well off the ball. He has a lot more ability than people give him credit for. He plays and moves all over the box and drops back to a good depth as well. If this is a who is better discussion, unless you are completely biased, this should be a quick debate. If this is a: do we bring him along side Trez next year or Swap one for the other, then this debate has validity.

But, there is no question who is the best striker out of the bunch. The guy is amazing and is truly a one of a kind type of player. He is everything you could want in a striker, especially when considering that if he played at Juventus, he would play with Del Piero who could be the perfect couter-part for Toni.

It all comes down to Juventus' funds.

Jul 28, 2002
I will have to respectfully accept your arguement.

Your points are highly valid and relevant regarding Gila. However for the money we may only get two-three effective seasons from Toni, whereas Gila may offer more in the long term. But as you argued, Gila may remain at his current level of play, which imho isnt good enough, what we need is the gila of parma.

I would be confident in either filling Trez's boots if and when he leaves.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
We dont have the money to buy Toni, besides Milan wont let Gila go unless they sway him with trezeguet...!
I see none of them coming to Juve...
I'd rather stick tp trezeguet...:smoke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)