Luca Toni (93 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matteo4Azzurri

Jan 7, 2007
I hope our offer will be rejected.
Why do you guys object to him coming so much? I know alot don't want to see him go at the expense of Trez, but IMO he would fit in very well here.

Just curious as to why. Because most reason I've heard (he's too slow, too old) aren't true at all. He's actually in his prime. And Trez isn't exactly a spring chicken either.

Toni sounds committed to going to the winning CL and winning a scudetto. He's got the goods to help get Juve there too.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Why do you guys object to him coming so much? I know alot don't want to see him go at the expense of Trez, but IMO he would fit in very well here.

Just curious as to why. Because most reason I've heard (he's too slow, too old) aren't true at all. He's actually in his prime. And Trez isn't exactly a spring chicken either.

Toni sounds committed to going to the winning CL and winning a scudetto. He's got the goods to help get Juve there too.
Personally, I don´t like him and everybody is entitled to their opinion. I know he is a class striker and I cannot deny it, but I simply don´t like that kind of strikers.

Now, the true reason for objecting to Toni is you. You know why?? Because you were disrespecting Trezeguet and ignored his contribution to Juventus while you know he is the best foreign striker we have ever had (number of his goals confirm that).

The second reason is your bias towards Italian players. If you had the chance you would sell Trezeguet and bring Toni without thinking and rational reasons to get rid of Trezegol. Think about it. Trezeguet lacks motivation in Serie B and that is perfectly reasonable for a player that is ussed to play on the highest levels and he is good at doing that. As soon as we get back to Serie A and hopefully build a competitive team, Trezeguet will start scoring goals again.

Another thing, Trezeguet was forced to stay, he was blocked to leave but with some moaning he accepted that decision after all and he commited to stay next season because of his excellent relationships with team-mates.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Both are top notch strikers. Trezeguet fits in very well at Juventus. I also think Toni would as well. I prefer Toni and think he is a better striker overall, but Trezeguet has been good on Juventus and I would prefer him to stay. Now that Trez made a commitment to Juventus, I don't think we need Toni. Although, signing one of the top 3 strikers in the world never hurts. It is mainly a question of money at this point and if Trez is really staying.

Durden

May 11, 2006
Dont think we have the money for this transfer when we still need 1-2 WC CM and 1 WC CB. I say stick with our beloved Trez the number one hitman in football!

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Although I think we need two excellent CB's and 1 excellent DMF. We need 2 DMF's, but we should get a youngster. For example: if we pick up one of the Diarra's at DMF than it would be a smart idea to go after someone like Diego, Van Der Vaart, Mavuba or Sissoko. I don't think two of those four players would work well as a full time starter just yet. I feel comfortable with the Diarra's in DMF.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Although I think we need two excellent CB's and 1 excellent DMF. We need 2 DMF's, but we should get a youngster. For example: if we pick up one of the Diarra's at DMF than it would be a smart idea to go after someone like Diego, Van Der Vaart, Mavuba or Sissoko. I don't think two of those four players would work well as a full time starter just yet. I feel comfortable with the Diarra's in DMF.
I'd love to see those 2 players with Juve, even though one of them with Mavuba would be a great capture!

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Both excellent players, but we need to play defense first. We have been exposed on numerous occasions in Serie B. When we get to Serie A it will magnify this problem ten fold. We need to secure the center of the field defensively first. Then add the skill.

I like Mavuba, but I question his maturity. He has the skill but does he have the experience at age 22 to control the center of the Juventus midfield in Serie A. We need to defend teams like Milan, Inter, Roma, Fiorentina, etc. Not Lille or Lyon. I am a fan of his, but only if he comes with a full-time solid DMF.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Both excellent players, but we need to play defense first. We have been exposed on numerous occasions in Serie B. When we get to Serie A it will magnify this problem ten fold. We need to secure the center of the field defensively first. Then add the skill.

I like Mavuba, but I question his maturity. He has the skill but does he have the experience at age 22 to control the center of the Juventus midfield in Serie A. We need to defend teams like Milan, Inter, Roma, Fiorentina, etc. Not Lille or Lyon. I am a fan of his, but only if he comes with a full-time solid DMF.
I agree with u, but to get a settled and expreinced DM or CM would be costly...
I think we should gamble with getting a young talented players like Mavuba...
Kaka when milan bought him wasnt either setled or exprienced! look at him now.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
True, but Kaka wasn't brough in to start right away. Milan had a lot of options. Juventus have Zanetti and Paro.

Zanetti is solid and Paro is a young prospect. Bringing in two more prospects would sure make for a weak central midfield. I would rather see us sign 1 excellent DMF, 1 excellent CB and 1 excellent player at CB, SMF, SB or CF, then have us pick up six players of decent quality for a good price.

We have decent quality within the team already. We don't need to search out and spend money on that. We need to bring back quality into the team. That is my opinion.

Durden

May 11, 2006
I agree with u, but to get a settled and expreinced DM or CM would be costly...
I think we should gamble with getting a young talented players like Mavuba...
Kaka when milan bought him wasnt either setled or exprienced! look at him now.
I would still prefer Diarra as I see him as WC DM but maybe your right and its time to take some more chances with young talented players. Rather that then more boumsong transfers... But it donsn't seems like Mavuba would be that cheap???

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
True, but Kaka wasn't brough in to start right away. Milan had a lot of options. Juventus have Zanetti and Paro.

Zanetti is solid and Paro is a young prospect. Bringing in two more prospects would sure make for a weak central midfield. I would rather see us sign 1 excellent DMF, 1 excellent CB and 1 excellent player at CB, SMF, SB or CF, then have us pick up six players of decent quality for a good price.

We have decent quality within the team already. We don't need to search out and spend money on that. We need to bring back quality into the team. That is my opinion.
I am with you, but next year we would playing in serie A only and coppa, so we can afford to gamble with a inexperienced talented DM or CM.
If we manage to snatch a top 4 finish, then some money injection will come and then we can buy a world class midfielder (which also then that player would be tempted to join providing that we have a europian football i addition to serie A)
Thats my 2 cents, and I might be wrong !

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
You guys do not think we need a support striker and a creative midfielder as well? I love Dp as much as anybody but I honestly cannot see him coping consistently in serieA, he would definitely need bench times and we surely cannot rely on an ever aging Nedved to provide ammunition at a higher level than serieB on a consistent basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)